What are you reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200px-Stalingradbook.jpg

Thats an amazing book...great choice Slug :duff

When I get around to it, I'm gonna be reading the third book in the Inheritance Trilogy, Brisingr. I also have a couple Star Wars books that I need to read to finish up a series.

Brisingr is good, but be forewarned, Paolini couldn't fit all he planned into the book so there is another coming.

well Finished Fall of Reach what a fantastic Book. a must for Halo fans. Now onto The Flood.

Finished reading Monster Island--A Zombie Novel--it was great--even went out and got Monster Nation.
Reading the new Star Wars Outcast now---good so far

Finishing "Wolves of the Calla", book 5 of the "Dark Tower" series. I've owned hardcovers for the final three since each of them came out, just getting around to reading them. Hope it finishes well.

Pitu - I'm trying to wrap my head around what "Biblical Financial Study" could possibly be about. And it looks like you have one of the "Left Behind" books there?

Just got out of a Christopher Bond phase - read Fluke, Coyote Blue and Fool. He's comedy mixed with fantasy - Fluke starts out with an oceanographer seeing the words "Bite Me" written on the tail of a whale. Coyote Blue is about the Indian trickster god Coyote and how he messes with a ex-patriate Indian and Fool is a retelling of King Lear from the fool's point of view.

I liked his Lamb too - which is the biography of Jesus told from his brother's point of view. When reading them all together it's obvious that some of the same jokes are used over and over again. But I'd still recommend them.

I also just finished the first Sign of the Zodiac book by Vikki Pettersson, a former Las Vegas dancer. The series is about a bunch of superheroes in Las Vegas.

I also just finished The Lodger and Shakespeare Co. about Shakespeare and currently slogging through Shakespeare's Wife.

I've read the Wheel of Time series - definitely recommend it, but the author died before finishing the final book - it's supposedly still coming out.

Just read the last of the Wizard's First Rule series too. And all of the Ender series by Orson Scott Card.

I've read the Wheel of Time series - definitely recommend it, but the author died before finishing the final book - it's supposedly still coming out.

I only made it through the 7th book. I think I'm going to have to revisit the series.

I'm currently reading the Halo: The Cole Protocol novel, having recently finished Gears of War: Aspho Fields. Gears was good, but a good half of it takes place during a pre-locust flashback, so there wasn't as much human vs. locust combat as I'd have liked.

The Hitchhiker's series is pretty good, but I found that each subsequent novel wasn't as good or as funny as the one that preceded it. Once I finished Mostly Harmless, I was kinda glad it was over.

Currently reading one of the funniest books I've read since Catch 22--

Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal

by the great film reviewer Vern. Highly recommended, even to those who aren't at all familiar with Seagal's films.

Pitu - I'm trying to wrap my head around what "Biblical Financial Study" could possibly be about.
I have no idea what this is, but there is a local (very popular) preacher who talks almost exclusively about how God wants us to all be rich. It is nuts. His catch phrase is: "MONEY--COMING TO ME--NOW!" and he and his congregations pull their arms like a slot machine in unison.

It sounds insane, but completely true. Here is his website:

https://www.eiwm.org/

The weirdest thing is, his sermons are unintelligible rambles. He's like a disorganized schizophrenic or something. But, people easily get his main message, and that is enough. It is a real shame when a con man like this exploits the poor in a place like this (where the poor and exploitable far outnumber the better off and more educated).

Brandon Sanderson is penning the final book(s). Jordan left him something like 800 typed pages of notes on what key things were to happen in the final book. Sanderson has said that there is no way he can fit all of the material into a single book, so he is breaking book 12 into three parts.

• The Gathering Storm October 2009
  • A Memory of Light pt 1 October 2010
  • A Memory of Light pt 2 October2011

I am almost finished with book 11 and, I gotta admit, it is going to be a very painful wait for book 12 to start!

Just got done reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower V: Wolfs of the Calla and now i am reading Halo: Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund and i have to say this Book is awesome! Master Chief is the shat!!! :rock and so is Cap. Keyes!

Finishing "Wolves of the Calla", book 5 of the "Dark Tower" series. I've owned hardcovers for the final three since each of them came out, just getting around to reading them. Hope it finishes well.

I'm about half way through "Wolves of the Calla". These seem to get better with each book, yes they do. I absolutely love how he tied in other books/worlds to this series. I hope the final three live up to the first four.

Technically, I'm not reading them. I have them all on "audio books". I listen to them every day because I have a 60 minute commute to work each day and then 60 minutes back home. I get through books pretty quick that way. Although "The Stand" by Stephen King lasted damn near 50 hours.

pretty cool thread! I don't know how I missed this thread :duh I just started "To Kill A Mockingbird" today. I finished a huge "A Nightmare On Elm St" book yesterday after have been reading it for 2 months. There was 3 stories in it and the first 2 stories were good but the endings sucked! The 3rd was really good though.:D

I'm about half way through "Wolves of the Calla". These seem to get better with each book, yes they do. I absolutely love how he tied in other books/worlds to this series. I hope the final three live up to the first four.

Technically, I'm not reading them. I have them all on "audio books". I listen to them every day because I have a 60 minute commute to work each day and then 60 minutes back home. I get through books pretty quick that way. Although "The Stand" by Stephen King lasted damn near 50 hours.

A man! the guy that Narrates the first 3 books is my Fav! after that that new guys sucks. i dont like his voice. lol!

To Kill a Mockingbird is great. Read the whole thing in one sitting, I literally couldn't put it down.

Pitu, your bookshelf makes me cry. For petes sake man, organize them. :lol

Back