The anatomical impossibilities of being a superhero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolverine’s skeleton includes six retractable one-foot long bone claws, three in each arm, that are housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms. Wolverine can, at will, release these slightly curved claws through his skin beneath the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but the blood loss is quickly halted by his healing factor. Wolverine can unsheathe any number of his claws at once, although he must keep his wrists straight at the moment his claws shoot from his forearms into his hands. When unsheathed, the claws are fully within his hands, and thus Wolverine can still bend his wrists. The claws are naturally sharp and tougher than that of normal human bone structure, allowing Wolverine to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials.

More on Marvel.com: https://marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)#ixzz2QUpm53zM

My question is how does Superman actually have things go back in time by spinning the Earth in the opposite direction? In reality he's just making the Earth spin in a different direction, not reversing time.

It's just what going back in time looks like. Superman goes back in time and saves Lois while the other Superman, the one that hasn't gone back in time does all the other stuff and the finds that he didn't save Lois and so goes back in time. Except that he did save Lois so . . . :cuckoo:

How does Aquaman breathe underwater without gills?

He has gills on the inside, in his lungs so he can breathe underwater or above water.

How does Bane eat if he has to keep the mask on at all times to keep the pain at bay? (TDKR)

He doesn't need to eat. He gets all his nutrition intravenously.

Can Spiderman whack off ? Wouldn't his hands stick to his junk?

Lube.

Galactus is pretty much a demi god wielding the power cosmic so why does he need a space ship to travel about and a specially designed suit to contain his power?! I need answers !

He likes the way his space ship looks, he pimped it out and wants to ride it around.

Isn't Tony Stark's diaphragm completely crushed inside the armor?

Like any hardshell body armor, there must be room for him to breathe.
His biggest problem is broken bones and internal bruising from impacts. No matter how strong the armor may be, if he gets hit hard enough, his internal organs will slam so hard against the inside of the armor that it could kill him. When he got hit with the tank shell in the first IM movie, he would have been slammed so hard he wouldn't have been able to get up, let alone move on his own. He would likely have needed auto pilot to fly him home.

If he gets hit hard enough in the helmet, he will be knocked unconscious just like a boxer does, getting hit by a padded boxing glove. Out cold, concussion, brain damage.

From what I can tell there isn't any padding inside those suits at all. He shouldn't have lived beyond the first film.

:lol Funny thread... I'm surprised why someone hasn't posted why hasn't every villain got the last laugh on heroes by going for below the belt. :lol

How is Bruce Banner not all stretched out and flabby when he's not the Hulk. All the times he's changed the collagen in his body has got to be worn out. Also, do the blood cells in his body multiply when he gets bigger? I don't know how an average man's blood supply can work in a beast that is 2 1/2 times bigger.

How is Bruce Banner not all stretched out and flabby when he's not the Hulk. All the times he's changed the collagen in his body has got to be worn out. Also, do the blood cells in his body multiply when he gets bigger? I don't know how an average man's blood supply can work in a beast that is 2 1/2 times bigger.
The transformation from Banner to Hulk changes everything proportionately. Almost everything, I think! :wink1:

Back