Tekkaman Blade/Teknoman Armor Plus Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG !!

I want this right now.
huge fan of TEKNOMAN.

this is the collectible I being watting for the logest time.

checking ebay ,BBTS anywhere I can get this ASAP.

The teknoman armor is one of the best looking anime armor's
so bad ass!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YPhFDyxwK60&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YPhFDyxwK60&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
BOOM !

bought one on ebay.

72 bucs. best price.
I cant wait to showcase review this figure.
complete bad ass !!

Man that was fast :lol! $72 isn't bad at all, congrats! You'll have to see this figure to believe it. An amazing piece, and a perfect rendition of Tekkaman Blade. I'm sure that it'll be one of the best figures in your collection.

Let me know when your review is up, and I'll link to it on my opening post! That goes for everyone else as well! :banana

Man that was fast :lol! $72 isn't bad at all, congrats! You'll have to see this figure to believe it. An amazing piece, and a perfect rendition of Tekkaman Blade. I'm sure that it'll be one of the best figures in your collection.

Let me know when your review is up, and I'll link to it on my opening post! That goes for everyone else as well! :banana

I am so pumped to get this figure man.
looks so amazing.

I will let you know as soon as review is up.

awesome I'm glad to see everyone is as stoked as I am on this guy! i paid $72.50 on ebay lol. best price I could find including shipping. For $30 shipping I better receive it soon!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/t793_Nk-QIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/t793_Nk-QIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So pumped for this figure !
I hope it comes some time this week.
Full Shocase/Review Coming Soon.

thanks Solidus for the post man.
you made my day.

I'm having so much problems uploading a video to YouTube, so I've opted to post some pictures, and write a short commentary instead. I've included a few tips that may help you out.

Tekkaman Blade (or Teknoman in the U.S.) is a fairly old anime, since the series first made its debut 16 years ago. So, from then to now, you'd expect a large assortment of merchandise and collectibles to have been released, right? Wrong! Except for a set of very cheap model kits, it has taken Bandai 16+ years to even make a figure for Tekkaman Blade (excluding the puny Chogokin figure from 2009). However, the level of care and detail in which the Armor Plus figure was methodically crafted, more than excuses Bandai for being late.

The figure stands about eight inches tall, and comes with various armor parts which snap onto Blade's internal skeleton. It's interesting to note, that all of the armor parts are constructed in die-cast metal, except for the leg sections, in which the armor parts are plastic. When fully constructed, Blade looks absolutely incredible! Almost as if someone took a real-life Tekkaman Blade, and shrunk him into a miniature size - it's that accurate! Furthermore, the proportions in the figure are perfect, enough to compare the figure to the character in the cartoon, and not notice a difference. Also, the paint job in my figure was done quite well, except for a few blemishes here and there, but nothing that can't be corrected with a Gundam Marker.

Blade comes with all of the weapons he had in the cartoon, including: the large Tek Lancer, dual Tek Lancers (a version of the large Tek Lancer, but split in halves), energy whip, and lastly... VOLTEKKA shoulder cannons!!

The figure also comes with an assortment of nine different interchangeable hands. The hands were a bit of a problem, since many of them had over-sized socket joints, and because of this, it's virtually impossible to fit them on the ball-joints of the wrists, without the aid of putty, or some sort of sticky tac, to fill in the over-sized gap. Furthermore, using an adhesive to keep the hands firm, is necessary, since the armor on the forearm slides up and down, and rests on the hands.

If it weren't for the over-sized socket joints on the hands, I'd say that this was a perfect figure. However, this problem seems so insignificant, when you factor in all the positives that this figure has to offer. For fans of Teknoman and Tekkaman Blade, this is the figure that we've been waiting for, and we've been well rewarded. Our long awaited dream of owning a worthwhile Blade figure has finally come true.

A breakdown of my review:
Faithfulness to the cartoon series (appearance): 5/5
Quality of the paint job: 5/5
Construction: 4/5 (deducted one point because of the faulty hands)
Rarity: 2/5 (Mass produced, but sold out in some online stores)
Overall score (not an average): 5/5

tekkaman1.jpg

1001163g.jpg

1001173.jpg

1001176v.jpg

Last edited:
So pumped for this figure !
I hope it comes some time this week.
Full Shocase/Review Coming Soon.

thanks Solidus for the post man.
you made my day.

Hey, no problem man! Just glad that I could help out a fellow Teknoman fan.

wow ! that looks amazing.
thanks for the pics solidus.

I cant wait to get mine.

Thanks! My pics don't do this figure any justice though, since my camera isn't that good (and neither was the background) :lol. By the way, one thing I forgot to mention, is that the figure doesn't come with a display stand (I was using an Enterbay stand for the pics in my post). Not that you'd really need it, since Blade stands quite well on his own.

I can't wait for your video review man! :monkey5

awesome pics. I didnt even know Blade is in the New vs Capcom game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/H_QWdHV6ksU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/H_QWdHV6ksU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

awesome pics. I didnt even know Blade is in the New vs Capcom game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/H_QWdHV6ksU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/H_QWdHV6ksU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I know man!
those attacks look amazing.
I am mega pumped to get this figure.

JUST got my Tekkaman, and here are my initial impressions after snapping on the armor and some weapons.

Articulation: A-
Not as good as expected.
Legs; occasionally limited by character design (ie heel spikes don't allow for much forward/backward pivoting of the feet)
Torso; decent range of movement. can't curl into a ball, but offers a plethora of possible poses.
Arms; a triumph of engineering! The shoulder armor is so snug, with the design allowing for an enormous number of poses.
Hands; exceptable. The wrist point allows for decent posing, but the attachment engineering leaves something to be desired.

Accessories: A
A great assortment of accessories. Everything blade used in the show is included as far as I can tell. I would have liked to seem some transparent thruster components to add a flying effect, but that's a personal nit-pick :D

Paint: A-
Well done throughout. Diecast armor is coated with a well adhered layer. Plastic components are colour matched well. Painted seems aren't vary visible.

Value: B+
Well you get an enormous amount of diecast pieces, it's still a 7 inch action figure. It's awesome, but maybe MAYBE not $75 awesome...

Engineering: B+
Armor attaches well throughout the figure, with the exception of the heel.
Hands are a royal pain in the ASS... tiny ball and socket, with the socket being made of a pliable material (hands can be pulled off accidentally)
Special features included, such as the shoulder canons and torso fins are well hidden and work flawlessly
WHY Bandai can't manage to figure out a way to make things (ie the shield) on figures like this have their attachment points included in the accessory is beyond me. The tiny clear clips included for this purpose are ridiculously prone to being lost for sure!
Weight of the figure makes for some difficulty pulling off awesome show accurate poses (I WOULD RECOMMEND SOME SORT OF CLIP ON STAND!)

OVERALL: A-
Is it worth buying???
-For tekkaman/teknoman fans - HELL YAH! A must get for(the best iteration of the character to date.)
-For casual anime fans - RECOMMENDED. It's a lovely piece with a few annoying quirks, however the overall figure is above average IMO.
-For everyone else - You'll have to decide for yourselves, I'm a huge fan :p

Pics coming soon hopefully!

OH, and ONE more thing...
Mine came (like the review of the Macross armor plus guy on youtube somebody did), with a double taped edge on the box. Apparently this is a quality control sign (ie the box was opened and resealed in factory), which is good and didn't bother me one bit as I was opening the figure anyway. Just one thing to be aware of for MIB collectors.

Last edited:
hey speaking of a stand (i claimed the tekkaman needs one to pull of certain poses)... could somebody recommend a good, non-descript one? that would be the right size and high enough grade to take care of the weight of the armor.

hey speaking of a stand (i claimed the tekkaman needs one to pull of certain poses)... could somebody recommend a good, non-descript one? that would be the right size and high enough grade to take care of the weight of the armor.

Great review bro! I'm glad that you liked the figure (and yeah, the hands are a definite pain in the rear end). Right now, I'm using an Enterbay stand for my figure. But, as you might be able to see from the pics, it's not the best stand, since it doesn't even hold the figure in place :lol. For dynamic poses, I guess you can always purchase a Gundam action base, to see how it works out.

JUST got my Tekkaman, and here are my initial impressions after snapping on the armor and some weapons.

Articulation: A-
Not as good as expected.
Legs; occasionally limited by character design (ie heel spikes don't allow for much forward/backward pivoting of the feet)
Torso; decent range of movement. can't curl into a ball, but offers a plethora of possible poses.
Arms; a triumph of engineering! The shoulder armor is so snug, with the design allowing for an enormous number of poses.
Hands; exceptable. The wrist point allows for decent posing, but the attachment engineering leaves something to be desired.

Accessories: A
A great assortment of accessories. Everything blade used in the show is included as far as I can tell. I would have liked to seem some transparent thruster components to add a flying effect, but that's a personal nit-pick :D

Paint: A-
Well done throughout. Diecast armor is coated with a well adhered layer. Plastic components are colour matched well. Painted seems aren't vary visible.

Value: B+
Well you get an enormous amount of diecast pieces, it's still a 7 inch action figure. It's awesome, but maybe MAYBE not $75 awesome...

Engineering: B+
Armor attaches well throughout the figure, with the exception of the heel.
Hands are a royal pain in the ASS... tiny ball and socket, with the socket being made of a pliable material (hands can be pulled off accidentally)
Special features included, such as the shoulder canons and torso fins are well hidden and work flawlessly
WHY Bandai can't manage to figure out a way to make things (ie the shield) on figures like this have their attachment points included in the accessory is beyond me. The tiny clear clips included for this purpose are ridiculously prone to being lost for sure!
Weight of the figure makes for some difficulty pulling off awesome show accurate poses (I WOULD RECOMMEND SOME SORT OF CLIP ON STAND!)

OVERALL: A-
Is it worth buying???
-For tekkaman/teknoman fans - HELL YAH! A must get for(the best iteration of the character to date.)
-For casual anime fans - RECOMMENDED. It's a lovely piece with a few annoying quirks, however the overall figure is above average IMO.
-For everyone else - You'll have to decide for yourselves, I'm a huge fan :p

Pics coming soon hopefully!

OH, and ONE more thing...
Mine came (like the review of the Macross armor plus guy on youtube somebody did), with a double taped edge on the box. Apparently this is a quality control sign (ie the box was opened and resealed in factory), which is good and didn't bother me one bit as I was opening the figure anyway. Just one thing to be aware of for MIB collectors.

Does it come with a mini tekno crystal? :) That would be cool

Oohh yea ! no tekno crystal.

that kind of sucks ohh well the figure looks so kick ass !
I cant wait to get mine.

its almost 5pm here and now show today :(
I hope tomorrow.

Back