Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. This is why I bought the QuiGon display stand way back when he was originally parted out. This way I can have the look for the Dual of the Fates on a standard sized stand. Also have one of those sand toppers/stickers to use for the Tatooine look.

You can also use the plaque from his Clone Wars Figure.

You can also use the plaque from his Clone Wars Figure.
True, that’s definitely a good option. However, I get custom metal-like decals from @EVILFACE :rock Even though they’re decals, they look more like the real metal plaques Hot Toys used to use with the early SW figures compared to the stickers HT has been using for awhile now.

Agreed. This is why I bought the QuiGon display stand way back when he was originally parted out. This way I can have the look for the Dual of the Fates on a standard sized stand. Also have one of those sand toppers/stickers to use for the Tatooine look.
Maybe, but I'd still want a flight pole so I could have him in some acrobatic jumping pose if I wanted. Like those bases they provide with Spidey figures.

Maybe, but I'd still want a flight pole so I could have him in some acrobatic jumping pose if I wanted. Like those bases they provide with Spidey figures.
You can buy the flight pole with connections for the standard display stand off eBay.

IMG_2448.jpeg

As a fellow UK based collector, there is absolutely no good reason for us to buy from Sideshow unless you just enjoy paying 30% more than is necessary to cover you in the rare instance that your figure will be defective.
Although, considering how often SSC seem to send out pre-owned figures as if they’re brand new, even that’s not worth it.

Unless you’re desperately after a sideshow exclusive item or Artisan piece, I advise you buy from OSK.

For Sideshow’s own figures- that tend not to be sold by the HK based stores- it’s best to PO from the U.K. at Comics & Cocktails or Collectibles Direct.

I HATE when that happens…
Cheers Chopper, I think I will get it from Comics & Cocktails as they have it on offer for £409. (y)

Cheers Chopper, I think I will get it from Comics & Cocktails as they have it on offer for £409. (y)
I know KG Hobby have gotten later in receiving items recently, but I've been using then since 2017 with no issues (around 20 figures)
Ask they to low value the item so there's no charges, P&P maybe nearer £40 with the speeder bike version but they have it at £317. You can then decide to just pay the 20% deposit as opposed to the near full amount at C&C.
No problem if you prefer the assurance of a UK seller, just trying to save fellow collectors some money.
https://www.kghobby.com/hot-toys-mm...e-set-star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace/

I know KG Hobby have gotten later in receiving items recently, but I've been using then since 2017 with no issues (around 20 figures)
Ask they to low value the item so there's no charges, P&P maybe nearer £40 with the speeder bike version but they have it at £317. You can then decide to just pay the 20% deposit as opposed to the near full amount at C&C.
No problem if you prefer the assurance of a UK seller, just trying to save fellow collectors some money.
https://www.kghobby.com/hot-toys-mm...e-set-star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace/
Shipping with speeder bike is £60 unless you want to wait three months and go with the slow boat option.
1715206090885.png

KG’s increase in shipping prices and extended delays on receiving their batch has ruled them out for me where Hot Toys is concerned now.

I must have spent near £30K with them but have moved my business predominantly over to Kit- unless there’s a significant discount at KG, which just isn’t the case anymore.

Thanks brother.

Thanks brother.
As Chopper mentioned post is quite pricey for the Speeder bike version, but if its the standard one it's around £30. Didn't seem that long ago that the P&P from Hong Kong registered post was half that price.

As Chopper mentioned post is quite pricey for the Speeder bike version, but if its the standard one it's around £30. Didn't seem that long ago that the P&P from Hong Kong registered post was half that price.
I caved and ordered the regular since I already have the first one with speeder. Hopefully I can use the heads on both versions. I guess we’ll find out.

Shipping with speeder bike is £60 unless you want to wait three months and go with the slow boat option.
View attachment 701892

KG’s increase in shipping prices and extended delays on receiving their batch has ruled them out for me where Hot Toys is concerned now.

I must have spent near £30K with them but have moved my business predominantly over to Kit- unless there’s a significant discount at KG, which just isn’t the case anymore.
This is totally accurate--I did this with InArt Gandalf and I am still waiting for him--ordered him at the end of March. I am kicking myself for not paying EMS. If you go with KG just pay for EMS and it should get to you way faster. This whole hobby is getting super spicy pricey!

I caved and ordered the regular since I already have the first one with speeder. Hopefully I can use the heads on both versions. I guess we’ll find out.
I caved and POed the standard as well, I don’t have any PT figures. My only Star Wars Figures are 2 Mandos, various Fetts and Obi Wan Vader.

But Darth Maul is, at least for me, the iconic villain of the PT trilogy. And this is a great looking figure.

This is totally accurate--I did this with InArt Gandalf and I am still waiting for him--ordered him at the end of March. I am kicking myself for not paying EMS. If you go with KG just pay for EMS and it should get to you way faster. This whole hobby is getting super spicy pricey!
Damn- I went for slow shipping when I PO’d Mace Windu with 2 super battle droids. I just got notified that the droids are coming in stock so that could be a crazy long wait.
Think I’ll ask them to confirm how they’re shipping and see if I can upgrade.

Also, I’m pretty sure to upgrade my Maul. I love having him posed leaping off the speeder with al those following robes and a single blade emitted, but you’ve also got to have him in his child-mind-melting double blade emission pose before the duel of fates.

Damn- I went for slow shipping when I PO’d Mace Windu with 2 super battle droids. I just got notified that the droids are coming in stock so that could be a crazy long wait.
Think I’ll ask them to confirm how they’re shipping and see if I can upgrade.

Also, I’m pretty sure to upgrade my Maul. I love having him posed leaping off the speeder with al those following robes and a single blade emitted, but you’ve also got to have him in his child-mind-melting double blade emission pose before the duel of fates.
You could get totally lucky- they said that the ship for USPS comes 1-2 times a month. If you ordered it and the ship came right away then it’s a good thing. Mine took 20 days before ship arrived. This is why the window for delivery is so long. I definitely learned my lesson here.

Back