Sideshow Star Wars Maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found a new line to collect. I'm getting all of these. Just wow...

Zero interest in this. Don't want to have to start collecting yet another line only to have their format ADD cancel it 3-5 releases in for yet another format. :monkey1

Sideshow's bad habit of cancelling lines before they get started is a major sticking point with me in getting into any new lines, which is why I've stayed away from the maquettes and dios, despite the fact that I think they are nice. PFs for me have always been the easiest. I can pick up one character to represent a movie or a theme and not have to worry about whether or not Sideshow continues on with it.

Interesting idea, and quite imaginative. Not sure if I'm going to get these though. What size will be these? Smaller than 1:6? Bigger? 1:4 like PF's?

Article said 1:5, which would be larger than the new 1:6 LOTR line. Strange. Interesting concept for a line, but will likely be too expensive for conceptual non-GL-canon statues. I wonder how many pieces will make it out and what the edition sizes will look like for these. Very niche, I think.

Watched the SDCC panel video again. I forgot about all those PF's they previewed. The Stormtrooper PF looked virtually complete. I wonder why we haven't seen it yet.

Watched the SDCC panel video again. I forgot about all those PF's they previewed. The Stormtrooper PF looked virtually complete. I wonder why we haven't seen it yet.

I could've sworn that was the 1/6th scale version?:dunno But I'm sold if that Boba is ever released and pre-cyborg Grievous as well.

Yea I am not sure but I am anxious for it! Same with the droids and Emperor!

Vader looks pretty cool.

He shure looks awesome :D
1zpkzli.jpg

They look a little like the Unleashed line. A smaller Premium Formate line might be very popular. For me all depends on the pricing

Will this maquette line drive down interest in the PF line? I mean, it may not cancel completely, but could the PF releases be spread out even further?

It seems like something else has to give in order for SSC to come out with another SW line. Maybe it's 12"ers with the given HT rumor?

Still nothing new. I was under the impression that we would see the first piece by now. :dunno

Back