Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just regular old super glue should do the trick, unless you plan on taking the sculpt off at some point. Same goes for the pegs in the shoes.

One word of advice though--check to make sure the adapter fits well on the body before doing any gluing. Some of those adapters look like they will work, but will be too tight or too loose.

Thanks a ton for the tip! Any chance you remember how the foam padding is fitted onto the body? I can't seem to position it correctly. Did you just use tape?

I retract any and all statements of doubt. I love this guy straight out of the box!!! :rock The pics are conveying the sculpt decently, not perfectly, but the entire piece just has a top quality presence that can only be appreciated in hand. Simple but so impressive!!!

The suit & shirt are phenomenal and are not things that can be matched by something in the market. Not by quality or fit. Mission accomplished on that one

The gun looks great by sculpt and paint. The grips do have a metallic/pearlish effect so that's cool. Only qualm is it's a bit undersized. Actually it's probably sized right but HT hands and guns are a bit oversized so this doesn't fit in the TTM21's hand very naturally. There are other figs out there with slightly smaller gun grip hands then the ones that come with the TTs. When I stumble on one I'll share

The book looks great and I am going to bind it myself. I have to find out what the proper color is for the hard back and I'll get a thin cardboard for that, then glue the cover to it and glue the pages to the inner spine.

The watch looks great and love those shoes! :yess:

RE. the pants: Vince did have flowey pants in the flick but the bunch more at the bottom. RM got this right but it's the usually case of not being able to get 1/6 clothes to lay like the 1:1 does. Instead of futzing it upward under the jacket or trying to spread it evenly throughout the leg, I think it's better to futz it downwards and try to bunch it more at the ankle. Maybe a little water treatment

I took the rest of the day off to take some pic comparisons of the dork clothes. Gonna play around with the Iminime and DID fat suits, mixed with the ACI and TTM19. Pics coming soon!

M

No, if I recall correctly, it's from Greg Customs.

It didn't look exactly like SM's but didn't I knew it wasn't the HP either. Who painted it?

Forgot to add that the the hair doesn't have that rough transition as it appeared in the protos. It does appear more natural in hand. Also the length of the hair was handled well and really leaves a lot of room for articulation. THIS IS A BRILLIANT PIECE!

Of course it doesn't stand alone 100% perfectly IMO and feels incomplete with the man in Englewood; but when these two will be side by side.... FORGET IT! Super grail status!

Last edited:
i'm glad you guys like Vince....but i must also say that i won't regret getting this.....from all the pics i have seen...yes...its RMs version of this character but i just can't get over the usual RM style that worked for both Wonka and Pee Wee and was actually absent for Anton....to me...it should have also been absent for Vince as well...this vince looks like he will play with Pee Wee instead of blastin his brains all over a car...lol...anyways..i know you guys are happy and i won't rain on your parade...i REALLY hope Jules comes out perfect....:)...anyways...ENJOY!!!!...i love that you guys take GREAT pics...:)

i'm glad you guys like Vince....but i must also say that i won't regret getting this.....from all the pics i have seen...yes...its RMs version of this character but i just can't get over the usual RM style that worked for both Wonka and Pee Wee and was actually absent for Anton....to me...it should have also been absent for Vince as well...this vince looks like he will play with Pee Wee instead of blastin his brains all over a car...lol...anyways..i know you guys are happy and i won't rain on your parade...i REALLY hope Jules comes out perfect....:)...anyways...ENJOY!!!!...i love that you guys take GREAT pics...:)

Do you mean the expression that Rainman sculpted for Vince? It doesn't convey playful at all even though Vince was a chatty playful type of character :lol. Looks pretty cold and sinister to me. In hand it has even more of that effect. From different angles you get slightly different expressions which is cool about the sculpt

Last edited:
I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY about the crappy hand size. The HT hands are not even correctly proportioned let alone properly sized. They are still using hand molds they sculpt when their headsculpts looked like butt discharge. ACI hands are better but need to be heated properly

Thanks a ton for the tip! Any chance you remember how the foam padding is fitted onto the body? I can't seem to position it correctly. Did you just use tape?
I didn't even use it with Anton. But if I did I probably would have just laid it on the body and tried to put the shirt on top without using tape or anything else. We'll see how that works with this guy, if I don't use the iminime Lector suit.

Really help if you minimise your pictures in the future Neo :monkey1
Agreed! Wow those are big.

The suit & shirt are phenomenal and are not things that can be matched by something in the market. Not by quality or fit. Mission accomplished on that one
That's the hallmark of going through Rainman's tailor. You are always going to get a quality piece, everything else aside. This is, in my humble opinion, where you see the biggest discrepancy between Rainman and some other custom operations out there--Iminime specifically.

Back to the Task at Hand!

Rainman......

Bad Mother F Wallet :pray:
B76CF445-4015-48C9-8C88-A3425EADB629-183-000001331108FC25_zps2fe4c788.jpg

Franzen Briefcase with Lock
gal-pf-new-suitcase-jpg.jpg

Jules Beach Shorts (SWIRLEY DESIGN)
F8CF6694-0AE2-4197-9020-9F4B283A0CF3-130-0000006E6E902B7A_zpsa9174ac5.jpg

Jules Beach Clothing T-shirt Graphic
71FAD677-2EC7-4DE3-AB4D-DFE7064CFFE3-69-000001B63AA9A0EA.jpg

2F698EAE-B80B-4CDC-AC33-C5CB3DD5B9BF-4003-000009D5D90037B1_zpsd3c8eceb.jpg

krazy_kat_500px.png

Jules Gold Nugget Bracelet
A39D883A-2875-4C46-85E9-161EA9D3A694-183-0000013AB94A050B_zpsc4421116.jpg

Jules Gold Chain & Gold nugget ring
9DA675A7-6AF8-4060-BAC1-D5B5BC654B27-95-0000000AB0B9DCF9.jpg

Jules Suit 2 button Notch Lapel SILKEY MATERIAL
E48A6D74-F827-470A-B849-6D64876E50C3-170-0000010A685FD8FE.jpg

Hi, I have a Vincent H&C set reserved, PM if someone would like to take my spot, to much stuff going on right now.. so will have to let it go. Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean. His "style" is like his fingerprint. I don't think that it's something that he intends to do but it just naturally comes out in the sculpt; sort of like the way someone's handwriting comes out naturally. Its something that can be seen through the entire face of the sculpt sometimes but mostly in the eyes.

You can see it a lot in things like Wonka, Pee Wee, Skipper and Alfred. I do agree that it takes away from true likeness and his best sculpts IMO are the ones that show little to no signs of his "style"; Dude, Doc, Anton and of course Bill. I feel that Bill is the best if them all because he shows basically no signs of the "style"

I agree that he does have a signature style that creeps in more or less in some sculpts. In some cases I think it enhances the figure in some ways (Ra's al Ghul), while in some cases I think it detracts (Pee-Wee, Lector). But I appreciate the little artistic stamp. There are some artists that seem more concerned with slaving over likeness, like Trevor Grove. But, love them or hate them, I do think these are conscious artistic decisions by Rainman, and not a result of his "rushing" in order to meet some deadline.

Nope I am U.S. Contractor serving the US Armed Forces so Italian holidays do not apply :(

Would have been perfect if I had yesterday off and the postman decided to deliver my package.

Oh well at least my Wonka DX shipped today :panic: :yess:

Back