Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on the dome mod Rory!

I'd be interested to see a full body shot. I just got a Vader with the KP02 body and it looks pretty much exact to Dave Prowse's proportions.

(BTW - Did you get my PM about the leg extension mods to the Enterbay Han)?

Look forward to seeing some more pics.

Chris

Looks good Rory.

If this thread has proven nothing else its Vader's beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has there own idealized image of Vader floating around in their head, its funny how one mans "perfect" Vader can be so different for another's.

Its cool though seeing everyone's own "perfect" Vader.

Looks good Rory.

If this thread has proven nothing else its Vader's beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone has there own idealized image of Vader floating around in their head, its funny how one mans "perfect" Vader can be so different for another's.

Its cool though seeing everyone's own "perfect" Vader.

Absolutely man, couldn't agree more. And if it wasn't for all the fantastic Vaders I have seen on here I wouldn't have even attempted some of these mods. For example I think the matte helmet looks fantastic, whilst personally I don't think it was ever that matte in the movie I think it's aesthetics outweigh its accuracy, and I can't bloody decide whether to do it or not now. :lol

love it man. i knew youd give it a nice widows peak:hi5:
Looks great so far. *Nice job.

Wow, fantastic job. Where did you get the cape? It looks perfect!
It's one of Tony Meis's earlier capes. They are beautifully finished. I'm changing the chain over.

Great work on the dome mod Rory!

I'd be interested to see a full body shot. I just got a Vader with the KP02 body and it looks pretty much exact to Dave Prowse's proportions.

(BTW - Did you get my PM about the leg extension mods to the Enterbay Han)?

Look forward to seeing some more pics.

Chris
I did Chris, I answered didn't I? :lol. (Use HT extended ankle pegs on a TT body, the boots I got fit HT barbel pegs, so I ditched all the original body bits).

I really like all the great mods you guys came up with to improve Vader. I am still quite pleased with the stock version, but I did consider a helmet mod. Unfortunately, the Hasbro dome is really elusive here so I was wondering if someone could explain what mods can be done on the stock dome (especially the 'lowering' of the dome).

Btw, who can guess which quote/pose I am going for in this pic? :)

IMG_4297_zps91c30fb3.jpg

IMG_4295_zpsbc3d1a5c.jpg

IMG_4213_zpsb1f1b6ee.jpg

Man, do I need to make some better robes. :lol

I removed the peg and supports from the inside of the SS dome so I could see how it looked when it was sat lower on the facemask. I also put it into boiling water and flared the sides out to try and improve the look.

Here's a side by side showing the Hasbro dome on the left and the modified SS dome on the right.

Even though the Hasbro dome doesn't have the widows peak at the front, I still think the overall look is more accurate. What do you think?

ANH-Vader-Hasbro-Dome-vs-SS-Dome_zps24feabc3.jpg

Chris

Thanks. :)

I removed the peg and supports from the inside of the SS dome so I could see how it looked when it was sat lower on the facemask. I also put it into boiling water and flared the sides out to try and improve the look.

Here's a side by side showing the Hasbro dome on the left and the modified SS dome on the right.

Even though the Hasbro dome doesn't have the widows peak at the front, I still think the overall look is more accurate. What do you think?

ANH-Vader-Hasbro-Dome-vs-SS-Dome_zps24feabc3.jpg

Chris

I didn't even think about heating the SS dome up. Ill have to try that.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Be careful when you heat it up if you use boiling water because the paint did start to develop tiny stress line patterns on it. Looking at your pic compared to mine, I don't think the heating has made that much of a difference on the sides. I'm sure it was more flared than that when I first did it, but I guess the plastic "memory" has returned it back to how it looks "out of the box".

Chris

Thanks. :)

I didn't even think about heating the SS dome up. Ill have to try that.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes to all about caution for heating up the SS dome to flare out the sides. I remember when this figure first came out there were several reports of people trying it and developing stress lines. That's why I never attempted it myself.

I was looking through my reference pics and found this great shot of ANH Vader. Just for fun, I put a photo of my KP02 modded Vader next to it to see how it compares. VERY happy with the results.

Looking at the cape though, it does look like it should be tighter together at the front of the neck. I think I may ask LForigno to do one like that for me.

2013-07-01-4635_zps5f8d038d.jpg

Chris

Back