Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the Hasbro helmet switch when the figure was originally released.
Now i'm taking it a step further...with all the inspiration from the amazing mods you guys have done i'm trying out the KP02, it should arrive next week.:impatient:
Managed to buy one direct from Kaustic Italy:hi5:

Here he is on the stock body.
sept2012_014.JPG

I did the Hasbro helmet switch when the figure was originally released.
Now i'm taking it a step further...with all the inspiration from the amazing mods you guys have done i'm trying out the KP02, it should arrive next week.:impatient:
Managed to buy one direct from Kaustic Italy:hi5:

Here he is on the stock body.
sept2012_014.JPG

Sweet picture

How come, poor articulation ??

Not so much poor articulation, but being so muscular means you're more limited with how much you can pose the arms, legs, etc. The body suit also restricts the posing you can do. Don't expect to be able to make him raise his arms above his head or do the splits, but the KP body can still give you some decent poses.

So I got him to the right height without giving him stubby arms. I did quite a bit of work on the Hasbro helmet and head, reshaped the front line completely, added peak, repainted and sharpened the edges. Did a bit of repainting on the armor and rebuilt/modded the body from the ground up. This isn't finished (the helmet is held on with blu-tack) so a bit to go. But pretty happy so far..

DARTHVADER4_zpscec39213.jpg
DARTHVADER1_zps696651a9.jpg

DARTHVADER2_zps5c8d0b73.jpg
DARTHVADER5_zpscad9da76.jpg

DARTHVADER3_zps631b5a32.jpg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic ,Rory. What did you do to the body?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man, I did the "trooper torso" mod, then cut sections off the legs and put back together. I couldn't come to terms with the bulkyness of the Kaustic body. It looks good covered up with the cloak, but the arms really bugged me.

That was my problem with the KP,the arms. I took the midsection out of mine but didn't replace it with anything. I thought about doing the legs but felt then I'd have to do the arms etc. How do the arms look, no monkey arm syndrome?

So I got him to the right height without giving him stubby arms. I did quite a bit of work on the Hasbro helmet and head, reshaped the front line completely, added peak, repainted and sharpened the edges. Did a bit of repainting on the armor and rebuilt/modded the body from the ground up. This isn't finished (the helmet is held on with blu-tack) so a bit to go. But pretty happy so far..
DARTHVADER1_zps696651a9.jpg

Well done the dome looks fantastic !
Any chance you could tell us how to achieve the widows peak.

That was my problem with the KP,the arms. I took the midsection out of mine but didn't replace it with anything. I thought about doing the legs but felt then I'd have to do the arms etc. How do the arms look, no monkey arm syndrome?

No monkey arms, I actually trimmed those back a little as well. When you look at the basic nude sideshow body you can see that the shins and forearms are too long. The legs more so than the arms. It's very slightly bigger than the kaustic (3-4mm) but I was happy that the balance was right proportionately.

Well done the dome looks fantastic !
Any chance you could tell us how to achieve the widows peak.

sculpted and sanded with resin putty. To get it looking good you have to curve the edge of the helmet into the peak. Not just a case of adding a litte triangle if you want it to look more accurate.

Last edited:
No monkey arms, I actually trimmed those back a little as well. When you look at the basic nude sideshow body you can see that the shins and forearms are too long. The legs more so than the arms. It's very slightly bigger than the kaustic (3-4mm) but I was happy that the balance was right proportionately.

Huh, what did you do to trim it back and still be able to plug the gloves into the arm?

Back