Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a glove mod today, just cut the buckles off an old MMS71's hands and stuck 'em on there. Didn't want to carve up my DX12 stuff. Looks quite a bit better, though I could probably stuff 'em up into the gauntlets a little more. Don't want to stretch them out, though. Couple of pics..one HDR, one natural.

IMG_20121126_201229_852.jpg

IMG_20121126_201353_060-1.jpg

hawk.jpg

Hey LipSmack! :wave

Thoughts???

Mag I may be able to give u some help on this. I don't have the Dx12 yet but I took the chest armor off my mms71 a while back.

What I did on that one was I took the head and neck off the body. I only broke the strap under the shoulder blade on one side, unhooked it from that arm. Then slid the armor down the other arm away from the body. If the DX12 is the same that should work just fine.

From there I think Lipsmack is gonna have shed some light on dismantling glued sections of the actual pecks if u can't see what needs to be done from there..

Hey LipSmack! :wave

Thoughts???

Nope just the two spots under the shoulder blades, and yes as mentioned right above you can get away with just breaking one. As for the pecs area just pull firmly, the pieces separated fairly easily, heat wouldn't hurt though

Thanks!

Any advice on how to break the one spot under the shoulder blade?

I just went in with a small flat head gently shimmied back n forth in the length of seam held that against the body and slowing pulled the shoulder blade away from that section.

Took you nearly 3 hours?

Well, there was a fair amount of dilly dallying in there. :lol

Anyway, here's a quick pic. Not exactly "finished product", but you get the idea:

IMG_4614.jpg

In addition to straightening the chest, I did some tweaking to the shoulders and gauntlets.

Will try to post better pics after work.

Anyway, here's a quick pic. Not exactly "finished product", but you get the idea:

IMG_4614.jpg

In addition to straightening the chest, I did some tweaking to the shoulders and gauntlets.

Some before and after pics would be greatly appreciated. Pic looks brilliant already IMO. Also, the straps running from his chest right down to his abdomen seems to 'bleeding' out to right above his cod piece, is that normal or is it a part of your mod? If so, are you going to trim them? EDIT: Those straps seem to be there from the beginning (just seen the first post). A bit unsightly though...

Realigned chest armor looks good. :clap

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult would you say this mod was?

8? The hardest one so far.

Some before and after pics would be greatly appreciated. Pic looks brilliant already IMO. Also, the straps running from his chest right down to his abdomen seems to 'bleeding' out to right above his cod piece, is that normal or is it a part of your mod? If so, are you going to trim them? EDIT: Those straps seem to be there from the beginning (just seen the first post). A bit unsightly though...

They are covered by the belt.

IMG_4614.jpg

:clap:clap Such a huge improvement. Those lines needed that!! Bravo for getting that accomplished.

What do u have to finish up with this? Looks great!

In that pic, the shoulder pads look good but still.. too big.

I wonder if we could get new sets 3dprinted by somebody on the board??
Make them accurate shape and size, curvature, and preferably in 2 pieces just like the 1:1... Any takers on that potential project?

Incidentally, is that the original DX12 head with modded eyes or Medicom's?

DX12 head, with DX02 face, and modded eyes

I wonder if we could get new sets 3dprinted by somebody on the board??
Make them accurate shape and size, curvature, and preferably in 2 pieces just like the 1:1... Any takers on that potential project?

This really needs to be done.

Back