Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I/we really appreciate you speaking up! :hi5: I think I'm starting to understand.

Now the main question is, how do you remove the chest armor? Pretty sure I wanna do the mod.

Well, I/we really appreciate you speaking up! :hi5: I think I'm starting to understand.

Now the main question is, how do you remove the chest armor? Pretty sure I wanna do the mod.

Two straps under the arms connect under there shoulder blade armor, just break that connection and lift it off. And if you do it please don't mess it up lol I would feel terrible

Awesome gauntlet mod :yess:

I foresee spending many days modding this thing :lol

Thanks. It is very, very easily done and definitely worth it for the TDKR look. The elbow pad also automatically bends upward with the gauntlet in hot water. Dip it back into cool water to set and when its back on the elbow pad will press against the elbow, looking much better.

Thanks. It is very, very easily done and definitely worth it for the TDKR look. The elbow pad also automatically bends upward with the gauntlet in hot water. Dip it back into cool water to set and when its back on the elbow pad will press against the elbow, looking much better.

So do you just dip both ends in or the whole gauntlet?

So do you just dip both ends in or the whole gauntlet?

Either way really. I reshaped the gauntlet end separately by holding it in the water then using a lemon reamer to widen the opening, then dipped it in ice cold water.

The elbow pad will naturally curl around when dipped in hot water.

A real practical benefit to widening the opening and trimming the gloves is that they don't pop off easily now and there is even some articulation in the wrist.

Mag, 1st of thanks for making the thread and the videos and to everyone for all the ideas in this thread.

2nd if u do this mod on the chest plates can u try to do a step by step video if possible. That would be great as THIS misalignment is what bugs me most about this fig.

Last edited:
Modded the gauntlets. Dipped them in near boiling water and reshaped the openings by the hands. Trimmed the hands down. Now there is an overlap where the gauntlet sits over the glove.

Iphone pics only at the moment, but hopefully you get the idea...

6EFD76EC-A2A6-400B-A70F-8F5E8FBFA1D4-487-000000CE4772428D.jpg

479B9E52-F8CB-4B7B-80C0-59DA8DFA0A6F-487-000000CE4DF83D9F.jpg

371717E5-FCBA-4912-99CA-6F6BB4733C97-487-000000CCB519DC8B.jpg

29C1E297-2720-4593-B2CE-7B880FC9A9CE-487-000000CCAD74C901.jpg

this is a great mod! will definitely have to do this!

Either way really. I reshaped the gauntlet end separately by holding it in the water then using a lemon reamer to widen the opening, then dipped it in ice cold water.

The elbow pad will naturally curl around when dipped in hot water.

A real practical benefit to widening the opening and trimming the gloves is that they don't pop off easily now and there is even some articulation in the wrist.

I see, can I use the hand end itself to widen the area instead of a tool?

and do you still need to cut off the straps from the hands?

Last edited:
Yo Mags. Where can I find a standard TT neck peg for Bruce Wayne so it can fit onto the DX02???????:dunno

Ebay... Or the fs section

Yeah, what he said.

However, after buying enough TT's most guys will have one laying around somewhere.

Mag how did you paint the eye lids? I'm thinking of doing it.

With a brush and black paint i guess :lol:wave

:nana: :lol I was wondering whether he removed the pers system and paint them then put it back or?...

I'm pretty sure I read that he removed the eyes.

You could do it without but you will need a steady hand.

:lecture

Mag, 1st of thanks for making the thread and the videos and to everyone for all the ideas in this thread.

2nd if u do this mod on the chest plates can u try to do a step by step video if possible. That would be great as THIS misalignment is what bugs me most about this fig.

Yep. If and when I do that mod, I will clearly document it. :duff

Very easy to do, you get a bit of wrist articulation and the gloves don't fall off all the time! Easy win :)

The main reason I shy away is that in addition to the gloves never falling off, I get fantastic articulation with a simple buckle cut. Literally tucking the plastic gloves into the plastic gauntlets clearly hampers articulation.

I remember reading somewhere that you mentioned mars black and ivory black. I went to Michaels today and was staring at them and honestly they look the same within the tube. Which would be better to paint the ab straps / eyes with?

The Ivory black is more grey. Mars black is like a jet black. I can see the difference in the tube with the brands I bought, but out of the tube, the difference is obvious.

IMO, ivory black is perfect for the straps (identical color to the abs themselves), and for the eyes I mixed the ivory and the mars. I did a first coat with the mars by itself and it looked a little off to me, but mixed looked good. Ivory would prolly look good for the eyes as well if you just wanted to buy one paint. :peace

Back