Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally received my TonyMeis cape and re-did neck mod again...really want to do sculpted eyes mod....man, can't pull the trigger :gah:

66C0D1E4-0994-4B47-8605-5AC5EACD778F-5957-000003293D0D90C0.jpg

5F0DD809-A562-45E5-AC2A-9379872FC5FD-5957-0000032946B38A8F.jpg

BCCD2D32-0370-4CCD-8C05-65F6D408580E-5957-000003293A1B628D.jpg

CB23C21C-A25A-4600-ABC8-36E865018328-5957-0000032936A758C3.jpg

I inadvertently discovered how to remove the PERS system and put it back without breaking anything or even removing the pins... :)

Yesterday, I got my second DX12 HS and guess what... goofy eyes. Actually, one was looking higher than the other. It was only noticeable on very close inspection, but still, it bothered me.

So I figured out the eye stalks must be warped and thought that if I heated them with a hairdryer and push the stalk with a small screwdriver the freeze the shape under cold water I might fix it.

So I proceeded to do just that, started heating and push with the screwdriver but instead of fixing the hs, the screwdriver acted as a lever and the eye popped out! The first scare gone, I decided to try with the second eye and voilà! the whole PERS came out.

I fixed the warped stalks and just had to heat again the head and push the eyes back with the screwdriver.

I'm mentioning this because it's easy to fix the PERS like this and it can also help those who want to sculpt the squint and were afraid to mess up the eyeballs. Now removing them is really easy! :)

I inadvertently discovered how to remove the PERS system and put it back without breaking anything or even removing the pins... :)

Yesterday, I got my second DX12 HS and guess what... goofy eyes. Actually, one was looking higher than the other. It was only noticeable on very close inspection, but still, it bothered me.

So I figured out the eye stalks must be warped and thought that if I heated them with a hairdryer and push the stalk with a small screwdriver the freeze the shape under cold water I might fix it.

So I proceeded to do just that, started heating and push with the screwdriver but instead of fixing the hs, the screwdriver acted as a lever and the eye popped out! The first scare gone, I decided to try with the second eye and voilà! the whole PERS came out.

I fixed the warped stalks and just had to heat again the head and push the eyes back with the screwdriver.

I'm mentioning this because it's easy to fix the PERS like this and it can also help those who want to sculpt the squint and were afraid to mess up the eyeballs. Now removing them is really easy! :)

:clap a hairdryer and screwdriver is a must for every modder-fraker toy owner:rotfl

Thanks for run-down 16K, my original HS came with wonky eyes, I was lucky to get a replacement. But should this one fail then now I may have the courage to tackle the eye mod.

Collar mod
- cut thru the rubber mesh collar with exacto knife
- made a custom mesh sock to go over the neck
- put the original collar on
- back into the body

*now you can see the mesh thru the collar gap. is this necessary? if you want to have a mm ticker neck and real mesh beneath..... :dunno

NeckMod_zpsf46d2572.jpg

Last edited:
Shoulder armor mod
- took the shoulder off the connector
- head adjust the armor shape rounder (Left- moded, Right- original)

* after this mod, to be honest.... the different isnt very noticeable.......

shouldermod0112131_zps1fbeddc3.jpg

Last edited:
little modes here and there.....

Neck shorten mod

* I like the length and width of the neck, but would like the head to sit onto the neck more.

- cut the top
- remove the magnet
- roll the magnet with thin plastic sheet
- place it back in and adjust the height
- will be putty and smooth out the top, then spray paint black for the clean finish.

* allow the rear collar to stick out more, one of my favorite mod out of all. It's easy and effect :yess:

Chest plate align...

* Seriously, if people did do this mod, I really didn't know it need to be fix, :lol

Inner suit removed
- cut the neck opening a bit larger
- spent some good 20min taking the figure out carefully
- remove the fat white suit
- bulk up the shin to fit the boots better
- re-insert the body in
- sew the opening close
- put the armor back on

* Is it as effective and improve the articulation? yes, but not like I'm gonna have him kick and break dance with it..... (not movie accurate movement) So is it worth it? yes, just knowing the fact that I know he can pose better. No, I'm not gonna pose it. Kitty-pod is for Catwoman, I just need him to sit inside the BAT

DX120112132_zps030bf5a2.jpg

Last edited:
Gunlet over fist mod
- heat adjust the opening of the gunlet
- pre-fitted the gloves back into the gunlet
- cold water for sealing the shape

Gunlet elbow mod

- heat adjust the elbow pad inwards
- cold water sealed
- then place the gunlet back into the arms

*no cutting nor glue, and still able to keep the figure original. One of my favorite mod out of all. Easy and noticeable, love it!!

RightGunletmod0112131_zps58ab9757.jpg

Last edited:
over all stage 1 mod
- neck shorten
- chest aligned
- inner suit removed
- elbow pad re-adjusted
- gunlet over gloves
- padded the shin to fit boots better
- custom cape by TonyMeis
- shoulder armor shape re-adjusted

- more to come

DX120112131_zpsaeb4fa21.jpg

Hey guys, I'm trying to Mod the eyes on mine and I'm all the way to taking the PERS plate out. I'm "jabbing" at it with a tiny flathead, but it isnt going well. Does anyone have any recommendations?

here are some parts you can take out

DSC09817_zps17c32407.jpg

Left- DX12 original
Right- DX09 heat adjust the eyes

need to play around with it more to get the look I want..... just matter of time....

PERScustom0112131_zps010decc7.jpg

What do you guys think of the placement/position of the eyes? I wanna hear opinions before I move to paint and permanently attach them.

2013-01-13_06-09-28_966.jpg

Love what you're doing. My first reaction was the top lids (which I think you have sculpted) making him look a bit sad / makes the eyes look a bit droopy. I would maybe re-work that area. Posistion of the eyes looks good.

Back