Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0770_zps72beb0c1.jpg

IMG_0768_zps6696e281.jpg

Wow! There IS a god! And His name is ShortRound. Now, god, can you mod mine?

have you read the Bible? :lol he's probably the definition of immoral

That's what I meant. When I wrote "this god is not as immoral as you-know-who", "this god" is ShortRound and the "you-know-who" is ... well, you know.

But there might be other members who believe in GOD(s), so let's drop it eh? I know it's topical and that, but still... Spare some thoughts for the believers.

You think the shoulder plate mod is more important than one of the excellent neck mods? There are two non-permenant mods that you could at least try. :dunno

I see nothing wrong with the neck though :dunno

Ppl spout on about how the DX02 neck was too long. I never saw it, just that it was too thin. Ppl always complain about long necks with HT figures but it's something that I just never see and am happy I don't :peace:

Ppl spout on about how the DX02 neck was too long. I never saw it, just that it was too thin. Ppl always complain about long necks with HT figures but it's something that I just never see and am happy I don't :peace:

I think the neck is fine, but wedging that little rubber piece under the shoulder armor was a great idea, its small but really helps I think

used it years ago was alright (besides the fumes) and I remeber having to wear gloves...

I'm using appoxy sculpt for everyhting I do now, that stuff is awesome, highly reccomended

I did a search on the Chinese version of eBay, no signs of appoxy putty. I wouldn't even know what it's called in Chinese...but I have found epoxy putty though. I think I'm gonna buy some of that and give that a try....

umm I wouldnt call it their specialty but it is good, and is definitely better than most other options

Where do you live?

I took Plasmid's shoulder mod and made a little improvement. I had a pair of DX02 shoulder pads laying around. So I cut them up, sanded them and glued the bottom piece to add that plate underneath the shoulder armor. Came out great I think. Now I just need to figure out a way to do the same mod for my second one. :)

IMG_0763_zpsfd091eab.jpg

IMG_0762_zps73db799a.jpg

IMG_0761_zps840f4ea8.jpg

Now it's perfect! If only I had an extra set of shoulder pads laying around. :lol

umm I wouldnt call it their specialty but it is good, and is definitely better than most other options

Where do you live?

Guang zhou china.

I had JUST picked up two kinds of tamiya epoxy putty. Quick and smooth. The instructions seemed straight forward...but I'm sure I'm in a world of hurt when I actually start applying it. Anything I should look out for or be made aware of?

just the working time, and start with less and build up if you have too (patience is a necessity) it a lot harder to remove it once its hardened and wont look good, id search some tutorials and stuff might be a huge help

Thanks Mag! Actually came out better than my original mod. :yess:

I think I might need to lower them just a bit more.

IMG_0770_zps72beb0c1.jpg

IMG_0768_zps6696e281.jpg

:love That is a thing of beauty.

Wow! There IS a god! And His name is ShortRound. Now, god, can you mod mine?

But you have to sacrifice your firstborn.....

A firstborn called "your DX02".

He made the plates by destroying his DX02 shoulder plates.

I'm gonna wait until someone can find a way to make bottom plates without having to do that.

*does not compute*

So you don't think this:

09-1.jpg

Looks better than this?

08-1.jpg

It's subtle but it does look more human (less alien) to me. If you imagine the human body underneath the suit, the stock neck really is too long.

It's an easy mod there. Just stick something under the chest armor at the shoulders to lift them up a bit. If you don't like it take it out. :peace

A firstborn called "your DX02".

He made the plates by destroying his DX02 shoulder plates.

I'm gonna wait until someone can find a way to make bottom plates without having to do that.

Nice one :rotfl

Well, if you can give me precise measurements of the bottom plates, I can model them for you, but you'll need to buy the printed ones from Shapeways or similar 3d printing service sites.

So you don't think this:

Looks better than this?

It's subtle but it does look more human (less alien) to me. If you imagine the human body underneath the suit, the stock neck really is too long.

It's an easy mod there. Just stick something under the chest armor at the shoulders to lift them up a bit. If you don't like it take it out. :peace

I just hope he doesn't mean the sonar head's neck. If that's fine by him, then surely those two pics look just as good for him.

*does not compute*

So you don't think this:
*after/before pics*

Nope don't see the difference. And if I can't see the difference in your close ups, I definitely won't in hand :lol

Like you said, looks less alien to you but to me it looks just fine the way it is. I understand it's a simple mod but since i see no need for it, as Ms. Tate says, "...why waste my time, indeed."

why are you so intent on me doing a neck mod?? :lol I'm glad you're not this pushy with beefing up the ankles :lol :wink1: :1-1:
I just hope he doesn't mean the sonar head's neck. If that's fine by him, then surely those two pics look just as good for him.
:lol
Both necks, never hand an issue with the length

Back