Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

"nobody looking is going to care. most people who see these displays arent "impressed" with our nerdiness, and arent giving us extra points for our ocd to keep everything in scale."

:exactly:

:duff

I don't collect for other people. I collect for myself. My desire for a consistent scale has nothing to do with impressing anyone with my nerdiness or earning extra points. Just because scale doesn't matter to you or collectors like you, that doesn't mean people who care about scale are out to impress or score brownie points.

As collectors we all have preferences. There is no need to dismiss another collectors preference for uniform scales in their collection if that's what they like. My collection is for me. I roll with whatever works for me and my tastes/preferences. Every collector should do the same.

With the scale that SSC works in, there is no substitue except another SSC piece of the same character. No other company has a license to produce Marvel statues in 1/5 or 1/4 scale.

There is a possible alternative coming soon, HCG's 1/4 scale Marvel Vs Capcom 3 statue line. If they come out nicely we just might see some good 1/4 fully sculpted statues of Cap, Modern Thor, Dr Doom, Spidey, Wolverine, Jean Grey, etc..

-

There is a possible alternative coming soon, HCG's 1/4 scale Marvel Vs Capcom 3 statue line. If they come out nicely we just might see some good 1/4 fully sculpted statues of Cap, Modern Thor, Dr Doom, Spidey, Wolverine, Jean Grey, etc..

-

I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks Theokan.

I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks Theokan.

No problem, I can't wait to see what they have to offer. There's a few characters that I want from that roster, hopefully they turn out good.

-

This statue would be perfect if it was in 1/5 scale then I wouldn't hesitate to get it and display it with the Hobgoblin Com. The dynamic pose and sculpt are off the chain. I think anyone who gets this will not regret it. :peace

I think I might get this one. I need a good action Spidey statue and I don't like the base on the Bowen one that's coming out.

Actually, I'm not a big fan of the base on this one either but at least it doesn't have a bunch of random items scattered all over it.

Got this on PO. Heck yes!

sigpic1777_10.gif

This takes a huge steaming dump on the BD spideys, not that I hate Bowen(have a few of their statues myself)but they can't do a decent spidey, they keep going for the old school spidey, with the small eyes, plus the new action spidey just doesn't cut it for me.

This takes a huge steaming dump on the BD spideys, not that I hate Bowen(have a few of their statues myself)but they can't do a decent spidey, they keep going for the old school spidey, with the small eyes, plus the new action spidey just doesn't cut it for me.

I agree. I have a lot of BD pieces in my collection. I don't care for any of their Spideys. However, I have felt that way about every company's Spidey releases. The only stand alone Spidey statue I own is the Com. This will probably be the Spidey I buy to mix in with my Bowen collection. It is quite good.

I agree. I have a lot of BD pieces in my collection. I don't care for any of their Spideys. However, I have felt that way about every company's Spidey releases. The only stand alone Spidey statue I own is the Com. This will probably be the Spidey I buy to mix in with my Bowen collection. It is quite good.

Yeah the SSC com rocks, but Koto has gone he extra mile and included webbing. Something all other Spideys lack.

Koto have been stepping up their game lately. The same thing can't be said about Sideshow.

The most important aspect about a statue to me is the sculpt and boy does Erick Sosa deliver. Besides Koto pieces are a lot cheaper than Sideshow's (at least in France) and I know very good painters who don't charge too much so I can't complain :rock

I agree as well. I don't mind classic Spidey, but BD just hasn't nailed it for me. Maybe I have to see the latest action Spidey in order to get a real view on it, but I'm with you...it just doesn't make me push the "buy it now" button at first glance. Usually I can tell by first glance if I'm going to buy or not, but when you have to take second, third, fourth, etc. glances at it to convince yourself...it usually isn't one for you. For now I have this Spidey, but I can't wait for Erick's masterpiece!:

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01790.jpg

Back