Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool, whats the price for this spidey statue??......

i ordered mine for 167.

i dont understand the koto hate around here. i got the colossus and gambit they just released and havent had any bit of remorse. they look fantastic, with no paint issues, and great sculpts. but im also not concerned with run sizes or needing it to be 1/4.

but if you want a _____in statue, they are right in line with sideshow. and recently, seem to have better sculpts IMO.

i ordered mine for 167.

i dont understand the koto hate around here. i got the colossus and gambit they just released and havent had any bit of remorse. they look fantastic, with no paint issues, and great sculpts. but im also not concerned with run sizes or needing it to be 1/4.

but if you want a _____in statue, they are right in line with sideshow. and recently, seem to have better sculpts IMO.

Your on the SIDESHOW freaks board. Many members will put down anything not Sideshow related around here. That's just the way it is.

I agree with you on the Koto line. The newer releases all look very good. I even picked up the Koto Magneto. It is absolutely my very favorite Mags statue by ANY company. Sosa is doing a great job on Koto's Marvel pieces.

Except for Hot Toys :lol

Very true. Lots of mad love for Hot Toys around these parts. However, there usually is a clear distinction between figures and statues. SSC, Koto, and BD statues can't really be compared to hot toys figures. This is not a slight to hot toys or the people who collect them. They are just different.

i ordered mine for 167.

don't forget the recently released Archangel...Sosa did an amazing job on that one as well

kotoangel1-1.jpg

Argh, i pre ordered it for 210 usd.. Can U tell me where u got it for 167 usd diecast?

Argh, i pre ordered it for 210 usd.. Can U tell me where u got it for 167 usd diecast?

i got it from midtown comics. there were a few other spots i saw it for that price, but im in cali, so anything based in california charges tax too.

This is a good substitute if you only wanted a Spidey statue. The comiquette is much better but for $1000, the flippers can kiss it :moon

This is a good substitute if you only wanted a Spidey statue. The comiquette is much better but for $1000, the flippers can kiss it :moon

good thing i like this sculpt better, so i dont feel like im having to compromise :yess:

though i will say my colossus is a poor mans x-men vs senitnel :gah:

Looks great, love the dynamic pose, it really suits Spidey. The webs also look cool. Congrats on the statue!

I wait looong time for a good Spidey in this scale. The SS one is also very spectacular, but its just out of scale in comparison with the rest of my collection.
I´m getting this one for sure!

good thing i like this sculpt better, so i dont feel like im having to compromise :yess:

though i will say my colossus is a poor mans x-men vs senitnel :gah:

The Koto Spidey does look great. However, you can't put him on display with other SSC statues as a substitute for the Com. There is no way the Koto Spidey would fit in with the 1/4 scale SSC Venom, Rhino, or Carnage. There is no Koto substitute for a 1/4 scale Spidey. NONE.

The only way the Koto Spidey can work is if you mix him in with similar scale pieces. Other Koto or even Bowen statues would work well with it. For example, I mixed Koto's stunning Magneto statue with my BD X-MEN pieces. He fit right in and looks great.

With the scale that SSC works in, there is no substitue except another SSC piece of the same character. No other company has a license to produce Marvel statues in 1/5 or 1/4 scale.

The Koto Spidey does look great. However, you can't put him on display with other SSC statues as a substitute for the Com. There is no way the Koto Spidey would fit in with the 1/4 scale SSC Venom, Rhino, or Carnage. There is no Koto substitute for a 1/4 scale Spidey. NONE.

The only way the Koto Spidey can work is if you mix him in with similar scale pieces. Other Koto or even Bowen statues would work well with it. For example, I mixed Koto's stunning Magneto statue with my BD X-MEN pieces. He fit right in and looks great.

With the scale that SSC works in, there is no substitue except another SSC piece of the same character. No other company has a license to produce Marvel statues in 1/5 or 1/4 scale.

meh, i dont concern myself with scale. im just a dude who buys stuff he likes, and if that stuff isnt in scale with something else, whatever. but aside from that, i dont have or want any of the other sideshow spidey stuff, so its really a moot point for me. for my money, this spidey works because i like the way it looks. and thats it. and honestly, isnt what this is all about? IMO people get too hung up on matching the carpet with drapes so to speak with these things. to the point where they wont buy something they like because of it, and more inclined to buy something they like less. at the end of it, nobody looking is going to care. most people who see these displays arent "impressed" with our nerdiness, and arent giving us extra points for our ocd to keep everything in scale.

i like the sideshow spidey, but not near what i think about this sculpt, and atop of it, its like 900 bucks now. he's got a nose people! and generally, 1/4's are huge and take up space from other future statues.

looks better - check
cheaper - check
leaves more space for other awesome statues - check

win.
win.
win.

I have to disagree about Rhino. I collect Bowens and as of late Kotos. Characters like Rhino (Juggernaut, Hulk etc.) are powerhouses, which have to dwarf the rest. These types of statues I like to order from Sideshow. I want these Spidey, all the villians are from Bowen except the new Rhino from SS. :yess:

meh, i dont concern myself with scale. im just a dude who buys stuff he likes, and if that stuff isnt in scale with something else, whatever. but aside from that, i dont have or want any of the other sideshow spidey stuff, so its really a moot point for me. for my money, this spidey works because i like the way it looks. and thats it. and honestly, isnt what this is all about? IMO people get too hung up on matching the carpet with drapes so to speak with these things. to the point where they wont buy something they like because of it, and more inclined to buy something they like less. at the end of it, nobody looking is going to care. most people who see these displays arent "impressed" with our nerdiness, and arent giving us extra points for our ocd to keep everything in scale.

i like the sideshow spidey, but not near what i think about this sculpt, and atop of it, its like 900 bucks now. he's got a nose people! and generally, 1/4's are huge and take up space from other future statues.

looks better - check
cheaper - check

win.
win.
win.

Don't get me wrong. If I love a piece I buy it, regardless of scale. I have a few different companies I collect from. I can make any piece I buy work. I loved the Koto Mags and have him worked in with my BD X-MEN. However, I don't mix any BD or Koto statues with my SSC pieces. Call me OCD, but that's how I roll.

If mixing scales works for you, then I say you have found a great Spidey statue for your collection. While we may not agree on scale issues or the fact that I still prefer the Com over the Koto Spidey, there is no denying that the Koto Spidey is still a killer piece. Enjoy!

looks better - check
cheaper - check

win.
win.
win.

:goodpost:

"nobody looking is going to care. most people who see these displays arent "impressed" with our nerdiness, and arent giving us extra points for our ocd to keep everything in scale."

:exactly:

:duff

Back