JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the upper hull done.

wetbike002.jpg

Test fitting with Luke. It's been raining a lot lately, so i haven't been able to spray paint my Snowspeeder.

wetbike003.jpg

Thanks! I'm actually trying not to spend too long on this area. Once it's painted black, most of the details will be hard to make out.

Skis almost done. The front has working suspension. I've simplified the detail here to make it strong.

wetbike007.jpg

wetbike008.jpg

Most of the build done now with just a few trim pieces left to do. Hardest part was the handlebars, which are made from 6mm steel bar. It was tricky to bend them by hand and be symmetrical.

wetbike009.jpg

I couldn't find any good close ups of the fuel tank area, so kept it simple.

wetbike010.jpg

All done by hand. The only pre-formed part on this whole build is a tiny strip of ridged plasticard on the fuel tank cap. I doubt i will ever get into 3D printing. For me, working the material by hand is part of the fun. I still draw with pencils and paper, rather than on a tablet.

The only time i would use 3D printing services, is complex shapes like wire wheels. This is the main reason why a DB5 model is not yet on the horizon.

All the building is done and have started painting. Next pictures will be the finished model. Material costs are less than 20 pounds. :)

wetbike011.jpg

wetbike012.jpg

Its the skill cost that gets ya. :)

I've saved every one of your pictures on this and the Lotus. Just so impressive and awe inspiring. I don't have the tools but I have the love.

Started work on my next Bond vehicle. Hopefully another short project. The Wetbike just needs it's stickers to finish, but i don't have access to a printer at this particular time.

Started with the most difficult part first. It's made up of thin strips of 1mm plasticard, bent and glued around a 2mm base structure.

ln001.jpg

I'm making it in 2 halves, so i can access a hidden battery bank. The lower half is made the same way. Thin strips running 1 way, with similar strips running across, on the inside.

ln002.jpg

Keep adding plasticard, until all the gaps are filled.

ln003.jpg

The internal supports can be cut away, once the outer layer is strong enough.

ln004.jpg

Then it's just filling and sanding until i get the right shape.

ln005.jpg

Back