JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more shots I take, the more this sculpt grows on me... Really enjoying it!
08b6c2c8e036adbd9bb688ec626bcef9.jpg
2cc302ba3e5398844fd9c8208b4d7185.jpg
784372db553eaeef960b928e0bdcda4d.jpg

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

I've been busy recently trying to finally put this to bed. Earlier in the year, spray painting the body was a disaster, as it was too cold. By the time it had warmed, the shops had closed and i was unable to buy paint. When i was able to get some, i chose to use car paints, as they are designed for much larger surfaces and is a lot cheaper than model paint. The spray cans are 3 times as big for only a little more. The finish is nowhere near perfect, but given that i'm using rattle cans in the back garden, it's probably as good as it will ever be.

Quite pleased with the tailgate. The letters had to be cut by hand.

lotus162.jpg

Lotus logo on the nose actually came out ok, apart from a little discolouration of the white around the decal.

lotus163.jpg

I had some issues on the rear decals unfortunately. They went on fine, but the Cellulose clear coat caused them to wrinkle. I used a scalpel to cut away some of the decal, which helped.

lotus164.jpg

lotus165.jpg

This is why i hate the painting and finishing stage of models. From a distance, they look ok, but i think i will try making some gloss stickers instead.

That must have been a bit disappointing, how good were they on the actual car, from what I can recall, the decals on some older cars weren't that crash hot anyway. Manufacturing in the mid 70's often left a lot to be desired and Esprit S1's were notorious for issues.

Nice tactical outfit... oddly shaped body coupled with the long neck... but a body swap is likely necessary.

Anyone ever get the white dinner jacket by BlackBox? Always wondered if that was any good.

In the final assembly stage now. Just some paint touch ups to do and a few stickers to print off. I'll give the body a polish once it's all together. Here's a little taster.

lotus166.jpg

Spent an age refitting the doors. They were fine before, but the paint has built up significantly, because there are multiple layers. Almost everything has had to be scraped back and re-finished. The tailgate is the only part left to do now.

lotus167.jpg

I’ve been in faithful expectation for this masterpiece, “Wet Nellie,” since last year!

Spent an age refitting the doors. They were fine before, but the paint has built up significantly, because there are multiple layers. Almost everything has had to be scraped back and re-finished. The tailgate is the only part left to do now.

:clap Amazing

Started work on a companion piece to go with the Lotus. It's taken about 6 hours to get to this stage. Hopefully all the building will be completed within a week, with a few days for painting and finishing.

wetbike001.jpg

Back