Jabba review by Adam Hughes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
Hey Adam, it's Carl... Sansweet's friend who visited the pre-Dragon*Con party you hosted year before last.

Just so you know, now that I know where you live I will be coming to kidnap your custom Leia real soon. :monkey2

In all seriousness, man... that thing is just stunning. AWESOME job! :rock

Hey Carl! Just wait untl she's fixed, OK?

Adam

I felt the need to post these over here for those who might have missed these in Marvel area, These were posted but Adam and are his work with his comments.. I hope this is ok Adam.

ihatealothb2.jpg

Here's some of my goofy 1:6 scale shenanigans.....

rarghtf5.jpg

I repainted Anikin's face, I think Sideshow ran pics....

takethathv0.jpg

Well, if the camera's out and the lights are set up for work reasons..... you can play a little, right?

trashlorezus1.jpg

ani02si2.jpg

Anakin, with no wacky lava light. My first complete repaint. Man, I was nervous. Shaky hands, have I....

padme02xg7.jpg

Work-in-progress custom Padme, using a Cy girl body and a Gentle Giant head. I made the outfit, but it's just a test of the pattern. Gotta make the real outfit.

I actually met Natalie Portman for about 30 seconds. She's not much bigger than this action figure.

Finally the mystery behind that Slave Leia has been revealed. Having put Vasquez and Ripley together recently, that Hot Toys bod is much better then people have given it credit for.
After hearing how much work and cost has gone into it, I'll think I'll either wait for Sideshow to make one so I can transfer it to a better body or just buy the Gentle Giant Statue and leave it at that.
Amazing work Adam, thanks for sharing!

That Padme is amazing. Looks like it could be an actual SS figure and it is done very well. Even down to the fact that it looks like it was cold when the picture was taken :lol .

Seriously AH - I thought half of those pics were photoshoped from the movie! Amazing customs but the LIGHTING and STAGE!!! WOW!:maul

Thanks for all of the Jabba/throne room tips---- a phenomenal job when you're under the time crunch! Heck, phenomenal job when you've got time on your side!!:D

Memnoch21 said:
That Padme is amazing. Looks like it could be an actual SS figure and it is done very well. Even down to the fact that it looks like it was cold when the picture was taken :lol .

Yeah, I think that's actually one of the Blue Box 'Cy Girl' bods, from the female pilot..... Not really intentional. ALTHOUGH.... when I saw ATTACK OF THE CLONES in IMAX..... the scene where Padme & Anakin are in her ship, watching the message where Obi-Wan gets nabbed, I never noticed how hard her nipples were until they were the size of umbrellas. Woof.

DarthNeil said:
Thanks for all of the Jabba/throne room tips---- a phenomenal job when you're under the time crunch! Heck, phenomenal job when you've got time on your side!!:D

Thanks! Man, I could make the SAME Jabba palace, better, in 1/4 of the time, now that I know what it entails!

The Earl of Dunfield said:
Seriously AH - I thought half of those pics were photoshoped from the movie! Amazing customs but the LIGHTING and STAGE!!! WOW!:maul

Man, that's half the fun. Getting the figure DONE, than going to town with your digital camera and Photoshop. Trying to emulate cinematic lighting is a fun challenge! And I really loved doing the Anakin 'lava box' that he's standing on....

-Adam

Khev said:
Hey Adam, speaking of Slave Leia are you finished doing concept art for the 1/4 scale Premium Format version?
LOL imagine the fit Carrie would throw if they tried to make a Adam Hughes style Slave Leia, she has issue with the Gentle Giant Slave Leia. I would love to see Adam draw a Slave Leia though.

mfoga said:
I would love to see Adam draw a Slave Leia though.

leia1.jpg

leia2.jpg

leia3.jpg

leia4.jpg

These are just what I had on my HD. I'm sure there's more stuff out on the net.

Thanks pickard
those are great and yeah I am pretty sure Carrie would go ape-**** it they tried to make any of those.

mfoga said:
I would love to see Adam draw a Slave Leia though.

Well, if that's what you'd like, please come to Star Wars Celebrations IV and buy one of my licensed prints. Slave Leia is the subject of my litho, and we're only able to make 250 of them! Get 'em while she's hot!

As for those Slave Leia JPEGs..... the last one is a piece of art I did for a DARK HORSE comic cover, the rest are **shudder** con sketches.

Why do I shudder? Because con sketches are done under the WORST possible conditions. You have to get it done fast, while talking to people, while they watch you work. Invariably, you are in a blazingly uncomfortable banquet hall chair, with bad lighting. NOT conducive to doing your best work. I hate looking at old con sketches........

That being said, I think the one where Leia's secretly enjoying the luxuries of being Jabba's slave is still a funny idea....

Thanks so much for the interest! And I wish I was working on a Sideshow 1/4 Slave Leia.... that way I'd know if one was coming or not!

-AH!

Atom Hues said:
Well, if that's what you'd like, please come to Star Wars Celebrations IV and buy one of my licensed prints. Slave Leia is the subject of my litho, and we're only able to make 250 of them! Get 'em while she's hot!

As for those Slave Leia JPEGs..... the last one is a piece of art I did for a DARK HORSE comic cover, the rest are **shudder** con sketches.

Why do I shudder? Because con sketches are done under the WORST possible conditions. You have to get it done fast, while talking to people, while they watch you work. Invariably, you are in a blazingly uncomfortable banquet hall chair, with bad lighting. NOT conducive to doing your best work. I hate looking at old con sketches........

That being said, I think the one where Leia's secretly enjoying the luxuries of being Jabba's slave is still a funny idea....

Thanks so much for the interest! And I wish I was working on a Sideshow 1/4 Slave Leia.... that way I'd know if one was coming or not!

-AH!

They're all fantastic and I'd love to buy them all and hang them in nice frames in my office--- of course I'd not be able to see my office as by the time the frames went up my wife'd have me out the door:D .

Beer goggles is funny----- now you need a second one where the jawa is waking up the next morning with the rather large dancer instead of Leia...:rotfl

Atom Hues said:

-AH!

Sweet now can I reserve one now?:monkey3 250 thats not a lot and being its in my backyard I am going for sure. I amy be broke afterwards but I am going.

Those sketches look really good. I have watched the video where you do on at a con and it amazing how fast you can do thoe and have them look so good. I just wish I was talented as you when it comes to art.

Atom Hues said:

-AH!

Sorry about that Adam.

Personally, my holy grail of collecting is to finally get a sketch from you. But I understand why you don't think they're representative of your best work.

That video you mentioned, MFoga, is very cool. The fact that those sketches are done under the WORST possible conditions makes them all the more impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the C4 print.

Back