Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated leg progress. Still need to do more detail on the feet and add more leg wrinkles. Tail is just a basic shape at this point, I might make it a separate piece. If anyone sees any things that need to be corrected please let me know! 0-5.jpeg0-7.jpeg0-8.jpeg

Thanks everyone I truly appreciate it! Slowly but surely making progress haha.

Finally finished the remaining costume parts for my first Nikto. Judging by the Hasbro figures, he's supposed to also have straps around the boots, but I don't know what the straps should look like. If I ever see a clear pic from the movie, I'll update the figure. Until then, here's how it turned out.

NiktoFinished01.jpg

I’m currently workin on a stylizd Mace Windu, if he survived type thing. Kinda like that Obi Wan that sideshow released

Ajp4mgs, that Nikto is fantastic! Great job, you killed it! Thanks for sharing.

Unclechopchop I’d love to see your progress when you can.

Finally finished the remaining costume parts for my first Nikto. Judging by the Hasbro figures, he's supposed to also have straps around the boots, but I don't know what the straps should look like. If I ever see a clear pic from the movie, I'll update the figure. Until then, here's how it turned out.

He looks fantastic already, finished boots or not. Great job.

View attachment 455557

Wonderful job! It looks great! :clap :clap

View attachment 455557

So nice! Great to see more custom characters.

View attachment 455557

Gorgeous. Love it.:clap

Ajp4mgs, that Nikto is fantastic! Great job, you killed it! Thanks for sharing.

He looks fantastic already, finished boots or not. Great job.

Wonderful job! It looks great! :clap :clap

So nice! Great to see more custom characters.

Gorgeous. Love it.:clap

Thanks a lot guys. :duff

I'm now getting started on a Ree-Yees custom. Unlike the Nikto, there are plenty of really good photo references. :yess: As long as I can find a brown windbreaker-type fabric for his outfit, I won't have to guess about what any of the costume pieces would look like. If all goes well, I'll post update pics here. I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Do you already have a Ree Yees head and hands set?

View attachment 455695

That looks great! But to answer your question, I'm sculpting the head and hands myself. A big key for me is making the neck and collar area all one seamless piece with the head. The Ree-Yees costume leaves that collar/upper chest area exposed, so I'd like my figure to have that exposed area be as seamless with the head as it was in the movie. Plus, sculpting is the most enjoyable part of this for me; especially sculpting creatures/aliens.

The funny thing is that I've been designing it to fit onto the most common TTM knockoff body that is all over eBay, in case this turns out really well and I can cast multiples for other people. Now that I see that set in your photo, I guess I don't need to worry about making multiple versions of mine after all. :lol

Back