Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this is about the thinnest I?ve been able to find. I have piles of other stuff that was thicker but that was all I found at the time.

Here is the thin info.

The purchased pants have Velcro sewn on the right side in the top image. The thin Velcro samples is shown on the left side.

OK great thanks for the summary on thin velcro. I'll keep that for the next project.

Getting there...
3c2b1e32a39e505407b86ae40bcb17df.jpg

Nice Slik. Hope we can get some more details and closeups once she's done.

Looks to be about 25cm wide at the horns I'm guessing.

Geez ! She's a beast !!!

Love the brush and scissors ! If that fur is anything like the stuff I used for my Rangetrooper that stuff gets everywhere !

Happen to have any pre-fur pics ?

sphynx-cat-e1550851322238-1024x685.jpg

I have made my own thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234359

I know the pictures aren?t top quality, but I hope to get the chance to update them at some point. [emoji3526]

Does anyone know if I can change the name of the thread? ...Tapatalk put a ? in there [emoji848]

Just subscribed to the thread!

Bantha looks incredible.

I really dig that space. Do you have a studio you do this work in? I would kill for that much space to work in.

I get a question mark everywhere I use an apostrophe on Tapatalk as well. I wonder how to fix this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just subscribed to the thread!

Bantha looks incredible.

I really dig that space. Do you have a studio you do this work in? I would kill for that much space to work in.

I get a question mark everywhere I use an apostrophe on Tapatalk as well. I wonder how to fix this.

:) thanks. And well, I?m a contemporary painter/artist, so this is my painting studio.
That?s also why I feel a little bad working on this stuff since I could have spend the time painting instead. But on the other hand it?s therapeutic and I sometimes need to do something that has a specific and not so creative goal: make this look like in the movie. It?s sort of a technical challenge and I love having the results around my house :)

:) thanks. And well, I?m a contemporary painter/artist, so this is my painting studio.
That?s also why I feel a little bad working on this stuff since I could have spend the time painting instead. But on the other hand it?s therapeutic and I sometimes need to do something that has a specific and not so creative goal: make this look like in the movie. It?s sort of a technical challenge and I love having the results around my house :)

I hear you. It looks great though, and with such a wonderful workspace you must be doing well for yourself.

You are such a talented customizer that it doesn?t surprise me that you have a career in the arts. Where can I see some of your professional work?

I hear you. It looks great though, and with such a wonderful workspace you must be doing well for yourself.

You are such a talented customizer that it doesn?t surprise me that you have a career in the arts. Where can I see some of your professional work?

I feel privileged that I can live off my art yes. I definitely don?t see that as a given :)
...I probably shouldn?t be posting links to my art here... but try googling ?Eske artist? and I?m pretty sure it will be my work coming up ;-)

My Velcro (hook and loop) order came in from the company today. I showed my wife that does the sewing for me and she confirmed that is the best Velcro we have found. They seem to be very trustworthy so I would recommend ordering from them. If you are more comfortable, you can ask them to put something on eBay for more protection.

I believe this is about the thinnest I?ve been able to find. I have piles of other stuff that was thicker but that was all I found at the time.

Here is the thin info.

The purchased pants have Velcro sewn on the right side in the top image. The thin Velcro samples is shown on the left side.

View attachment 484563

View attachment 484564

View attachment 484565

My Velcro (hook and loop) order came in from the company today. I showed my wife that does the sewing for me and she confirmed that is the best Velcro we have found. They seem to be very trustworthy so I would recommend ordering from them. If you are more comfortable, you can ask them to put something on eBay for more protection.

What is the site you guys are using for orders, or if it's on eBay. Also would be great to know the best/finest velcro part number or name - is it just that "Soitex 0.54mm" you posted earlier this month? I've been looking forever for good quality velcro that's thin and fine.

^

I found them through an eBay order then started communicating with them through their email address.

Here are the two numbers I ordered. They?ll need to know what length you want, for example 100 mm is one of the options I believe.

C321B76A-BCB2-41A8-BF41-B90D73CCE78D.jpg

C906BF0C-9ABD-4921-8B19-D1DD35D81527.jpg

Does anyone know of someone in the forums or can put me in contact with someone who does commissions for fabric/clothing customs.
Thanks

Back