Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a 'rookie' military figure put togetherer but I love all the detail in this figure and like Platoon so I got it. I'm one of those who gets frustrated putting these things together but love them once there on my shelf.
Sooo, what should I have sitting in front of me before I start on this guy? Tweezers...what else?

testicular fortitude, time and patience!

it makes it a hell of a lot easier if you take the belt off too before you start attaching his pouches etc. but maybe that's common sense, which i don't have much of :lol

It's not a matter of hoping!

HTplatoon.jpg

BOB BARNE???.............:panic:

I will take his belt off before I start. Any tips like that are useful. How does this one compare to putting together the old Pred figures? Much harder?

I think I'll actually look for this movie today. Haven't seen it since I was a teenager.

I will take his belt off before I start. Any tips like that are useful. How does this one compare to putting together the old Pred figures? Much harder?

Knowing where to put stuff was the main difficulty in hindsight. Putting the stuff on was a bit fidgety but ultimately did not compare to the rage I felt when trying to get the Alien 3 Dog Alien's leg into place.

We can only hope not. I hope its as clear to HT how important they are to the look of the figure as it is to us.

yea, it may not be a big deal to some & not really a deal breaker with me BUT..........it looks so much better with than without that i cant imagine how they wouldnt include them.....:mad:

Since we're on the topic, there are a couple shots in the movie where Barnes' bang aren't visible: the aftermath of Taylor's first overnight ambush where Barnes gives his speach about catchin z's in the bush...

I personally prefer the bangs as well, and wish they would include an alternate hair sculpt, especially since the description says: "highly detailed hair sculpture" and not "highly detailed back of head hair and sideburns sculpture" :slap Oh well, we shall see.

I know. Its the one thing I would ask for on the Barnes figure that it seems we aren't getting. There was so many big scenes where he wasn't wearing either the helmet or the bandana.

I don't think HT will disappoint, they keep gettin better.
They will only improve as time goes on, they have to since the prices keep gettin higher.

A bigger mystery is not so much the Barnes fig. but the Elias fig. Anyone know any unrevealed secret?

I don't think HT will disappoint, they keep gettin better.
They will only improve as time goes on, they have to since the prices keep gettin higher.

A bigger mystery is not so much the Barnes fig. but the Elias fig. Anyone know any unrevealed secret?

Hopefully we'll see the Elias fig this weekend!!! :rock :rock
As far as I know HT is gonna show a bunch of new figures and stuff!!

I just received my shipping notice today from AE. I should have mine Dec. 28.

This will be my third military figure. The first two military figures I added to my collection were DiD Captain Miller and Private Daniel. Putting them together was no quick task and using a good set of tweezers helped. My tweezers will be standing by for Taylor. :D

Back