Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Son of a $%#@! just finished putting this stupid thing together. What a pain in the ass. A ridiculous amount of tiny parts for nothing. Literally almost threw it across the room a few times :mad:

:horror careful now. Yeah I've read theres a lot of work involved here but I'll do my best to put up with it. The film and these headsculpts have got to be worth it.

Still I'd prefer this scenario of A) having too much accessories than too few and B) simply not knowing where to put stuff as opposed to the problem I had with the Dog Alien where I had to use savage and brute force to get the damned leg on, ruining its 'new toy' sheen in the process.

Maybe you should collect something else. Maybe those big Legos would be more to your liking.

What's your problem ? Did I say I didn't like the figure ? I have tons of HT figures. It's just a big pain in the ass is all. So how about you GFY if you don't have anything constructive to say!

:horror careful now. Yeah I've read theres a lot of work involved here but I'll do my best to put up with it. The film and these headsculpts have got to be worth it.

Still I'd prefer this scenario of A) having too much accessories than too few and B) simply not knowing where to put stuff as opposed to the problem I had with the Dog Alien where I had to use savage and brute force to get the damned leg on, ruining its 'new toy' sheen in the process.

Yes they are definitely worth it ! I never got this mad at a figure before though. Especially those little tiny pins. I'm 6' 250 lbs and don't exactly have small girly hands. Big man dressing small dolls :rotfl

What's your problem ? Did I say I didn't like the figure ? I have tons of HT figures. It's just a big pain in the ass is all. So how about you GFY if you don't have anything constructive to say!
I think I'll stick around. I did have something constructive to say. You just didn't like hearing it. By your post "Son of a $%#@! just finished putting this stupid thing together. What a pain in the ass. A ridiculous amount of tiny parts for nothing. Literally almost threw it across the room a few times". It doesn't sound like you like the figure. All them "tiny parts for nothing" is what a lot of us like about Hot Toys figures. You have yourself a nice day though.

Yes they are definitely worth it ! I never got this mad at a figure before though. Especially those little tiny pins. I'm 6' 250 lbs and don't exactly have small girly hands. Big man dressing small dolls :rotfl

....pins. I hope not the kind of pins the DX Joker had for his grenade rigged jacket. They really were a nightmare, I just gave up on them since they weren't strictly necessary anyway. Buckles and straps and whatnot can be annoying too - especially on figures like Kane and Dallas from Alien where you have no choice but to unstrap everything to access the batteries in their backpacks.

I think I'll stick around. I did have something constructive to say. You just didn't like hearing it. By your post "Son of a $%#@! just finished putting this stupid thing together. What a pain in the ass. A ridiculous amount of tiny parts for nothing. Literally almost threw it across the room a few times". It doesn't sound like you like the figure. All them "tiny parts for nothing" is what a lot of us like about Hot Toys figures. You have yourself a nice day though.

Telling me that I should stop collecting HT and collect LEGOS is constructive ? What world do you live in ? Anyways.....

....pins. I hope not the kind of pins the DX Joker had for his grenade rigged jacket. They really were a nightmare, I just gave up on them since they weren't strictly necessary anyway. Buckles and straps and whatnot can be annoying too - especially on figures like Kane and Dallas from Alien where you have no choice but to unstrap everything to access the batteries in their backpacks.

They're bigger than the DX ones but they are still very small. They're different types. What you have to do is hook the pouches at the top and bottom of the belt and then slide 2 pins behind the pouch through the holes between the body and pouch. The pins aren't all that tight in the hole either so when you turn the figure or lie it down to put pouches on the other side, they sometimes fall out. Hey, maybe you won't have a problem doing it, but I sure did. Let me know how it turns out for you.

I always laugh at these posts of collectors that purchase Military 1/6th fiigures usually based off a movie character and then they have a coniption fit when trying to assemble..these are the true rookie 1/6th scale collectors...probally never owned any 1/6th Military prior to this purchase.

All you need is a little planning, the right tools and a little patience, though i do see reason for _____ing when you get a figure with defective parts...that is just beyond your control.

I always laugh at these posts of collectors that purchase Military 1/6th fiigures usually based off a movie character and then they have a coniption fit when trying to assemble..these are the true rookie 1/6th scale collectors...probally never owned any 1/6th Military prior to this purchase.

All you need is a little planning, the right tools and a little patience, though i do see reason for _____ing when you get a figure with defective parts...that is just beyond your control.

I love getting a military figure... the ritual of unpacking the accessories, getting out the tweezers and sitting down for an hour or two of assembly is part of the joy of it all for me.

Nope, no military figures unless you count my 2 John Connors, but plenty of other HT and Enterbay......so that makes me a rookie because I've never assembled a military figure before ? Makes total sense, thanks for enlightening me.

Nope, no military figures unless you count my 2 John Connors, but plenty of other HT and Enterbay......so that makes me a rookie because I've never assembled a military figure before ? Makes total sense, thanks for enlightening me.

Considering Hot Toys main bread and butter line was Military from the start in 2000 and onward until maybe around 2007 or so, plus there was DML and DID etc...yea, i got into 1/6th mainly due to my Military/ WWII interest and the high detail these figures had at the time also impressed me enough to start collecting...

Just a lot of you new collectors freak about this ____ that many collectors love about the hobby(i love ____ing spending a hour or two assembling a figure carefully), too used to having your figures pre-assembled huh?.

Take it easy, rookie.

Last edited:
Considering Hot Toys main bread and butter line was Military from the start in 2000 and onward until maybe around 2007 or so, plus there was DML and DID etc...yea, i got into 1/6th mainly due to my Military/ WWII interest and the high detail these figures had at the time also impressed me enough to start collecting...

Take it easy, rookie.

I don't care about HT's history with military figures as i don't collect military figures. I got this one because I love Platoon. I still fail to see where I'm a rookie just because I don't collect military figures. I see, you're another one of those internet wannabe know-it-all behind a keyboard that knows nothing about a person but can tell them what they are.

Take it easy, wannabe

I don't care about HT's history with military figures as i don't collect military figures. I got this one because I love Platoon.

Same here. Though I did buy some SWAT figures to go with my Terminator 2 collection - I was fairly clueless where to put everything they came with.

I'm assembling Chris Taylor right now...just taking a bit of a break...you weren't lying, its tough going with these pouch clips. At the moment I'm just following the HT proto pics, I hope they're accurate.

Same here. Though I did buy some SWAT figures to go with my Terminator 2 collection - I was fairly clueless where to put everything they came with.

I'm assembling Chris Taylor right now...just taking a bit of a break...you weren't lying, its tough going with these pouch clips. At the moment I'm just following the HT proto pics, I hope they're accurate.

:lol pain in the ass isn't it ! Must be because you're a rookie like me :lol

I can't count how many times I've wasted hours setting up my figs only to find out I put something on wrong. :slap

:lol pain in the ass isn't it ! Must be because you're a rookie like me :lol

Every step is half an hours work! I too have felt the rage in this process I must say. The pouches on the front have to clip in two places, first latching them onto the belt and then it looks like each pouch has a strap that reaches up his chest and clips up there too on either side - thats what I'm on right now and its seriously difficult. :monkey4 Its an excellent figure though, has to be said.

Once I finish setting it up according to the proto shots I think I'll look at the film and decide on a specific part of the film I want this figure to represent and make adjustments as I see them. Then he'll await Barnes and Elias...probably Lerner for completist sake but like most I think he's not really a necessary addition to the line....something tells me he'll be the next Platoon line reveal actually unless they change their mind about doing him. They'll want to save one of the more important characters for last (Elias)

Every step is half an hours work! I too have felt the rage in this process I must say. The pouches on the front have to clip in two places, first latching them onto the belt and then it looks like each pouch has a strap that reaches up his chest and clips up there too on either side - thats what I'm on right now and its seriously difficult. :monkey4 Its an excellent figure though, has to be said.

Once I finish setting it up according to the proto shots I think I'll look at the film and decide on a specific part of the film I want this figure to represent and make adjustments as I see them. Then he'll await Barnes and Elias...probably Lerner for completist sake but like most I think he's not really a necessary addition to the line....something tells me he'll be the next Platoon line reveal actually unless they change their mind about doing him.

Excellent figure he is ! Yes, 3 more times to take fits with Barnes, Elias, and Lerner :lol

Received my Taylor yesterday, What a great piece of art!
Pictures can't do justice to this gorgeus figure.

Excellent figure he is ! Yes, 3 more times to take fits with Barnes, Elias, and Lerner :lol

Agreed, but it would be sweet if they
also revamped Red Oniel, Rah and King in that order. I know it won't happen but I would like to see Animal and the Joker done from Full Metal Jacket as well. It'b a nice collection! I know...wishfull thinking

Back