Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still in for this one, I love the classic spiderman but this suit is pretty cool too, I like the thin proportions of the body and the webspiners in the wrist, the yellowish gold eyes are not my fav but I like that they are differant from the classic though. I think I will always prefer the tobie spiderman but this is a cool new design and if they would have went with the classic suit for this reboot it would have been a mistake. the price will likely be about 190 due to the extra head but this is very light on accessiores, hope they make a exclusive with the backpack. I would have really loved if the included a diorama base of a brick wall to pose him on made of plastic concrete looking floor and a cardboard brickwall that connected to it with the clear pole to attach him to it that connects to the base.

My only concerns are the lack of accessories.

For this release i'd like them to:

Make the webs more rigid to avoid droopage
Include a loose mask accessory
Add ankle articulation

awesome. ill be getting 2!

Me too, this will be the only hot toys that'll have me buying 2.

One for Spidey

And one for this

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

But all dirtied up from batting the Lizard

Not much love for spidey over here, no huge line up like Joker, I'll go tomorrow. :panic::panic::panic:

The red are print on top of the blue fabric, is not pleather. :panic::panic::panic:

Hope we get a lizard. I really hope we do. This looks awesome tho aside from the yellow eyes.

im not too fond on this at the moment, as much as i want a red and blue spidey in my collection, i just can't see myself buying this. I don't like how the suit folds and creases with the movement of his arms and legs, i know its unavoidable in most cases but i don't know, im just not feeling it, that isn't to say its not good, as a figure it looks amazing and well done, especially that Garfield sculpt, maybe once i've seen the film it may peak my interested a little more but untill then it's a pass for me. Looks likes he's going to have 8 hands, maybe the EX could be his skateboard or as people mentioned the backpack??

hope everyone who gets one likes it though.

Some of you are never happy... I don't really care for the suit (yet) but they did an amazing job with the details of this suit... it's actually quite fascinating!

All the lack of accessories talk... seriously, how many of you right now have boxes full of unused accessories?

I would prefer all figures come with less stuff rather than more useless pieces, especial if it helps keep prices reasonable.

And if anything makes this look cheap, it's the webbing... I would never display my Tobey Spidey with them and I would certainly not display this one (if I decide to get) with them.

M.

Glad they went with a BD Garfield sculpt (albeit obviously it hasn't been fully revealed)

Definitely getting this, in fact it's probably shot right near the top of my most wanted list :yess:

I know the lenses in the movie are YELLOW or GOLD but to be honest, I don't like it. I will be making mine SILVER.

I don't really care if its 100% movie accurate. I wan't what I like.

Back