HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

I really want to get rid of that body suit... but the mod is so extensive... WHY HOT TOYS!??

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

And the strap under the arms were fitted with button snaps so I can easily remove the chest armor if I needed to make any future modifications:

DX12BATMAN09_zps951e7da0.jpg

whoa, brilliant idea. I would definitely do this. Where did you get the button snaps?

Very impressive MINIATURE-ART! :clap

Maybe if I had two of these things, I would give it a go, but not quite ready to tear into this guy at the moment. :panic:

whoa, brilliant idea. I would definitely do this. Where did you get the button snaps?

I believe I purchased them at Michael's chain of art supply stores. If not Walmart and Jo-Anns Fabrics should carry them. It's less than 1/4" dia.

BOBBY

Great improvements miniature-art. They should have been there in the beginning. The legs look great, they move the way they should (without having to worry about damage) and those snaps for the armor are genius and make everything more accessible.

Good work.

Looks great jokes and bats! A little too sunken in but looks really good, reminds me of when he first lays eyes on bane.

Maglor, I don't really see any difference mate? But all the mods are pretty subtle I suppose!

Thank you - yeah coz the cowl is hollow it cann sit quote deep - I'll try to futz it forward.

Great improvements miniature-art. They should have been there in the beginning. The legs look great, they move the way they should (without having to worry about damage) and those snaps for the armor are genius and make everything more accessible.

Good work.

Thanks, the button snaps and elastic lycra strips over the cut ends of the suit allow me to replace the true type body when it gets loose or broken. No sense having to break seams and glued joints again :)

BOBBY

Got my replacement notice from SS FINALLY!!! Can't wait to have a good looking box that doesn't look like it got sat on.

@Miniature-Art: great stuff man! Love all the fighting stance poses

It is really weird to put an undersuit on this toy. Perhaps Hot Toys knows that there will be a chemical reaction overtime if the suit touches the plastic body?

It is really weird to put an undersuit on this toy. Perhaps Hot Toys knows that there will be a chemical reaction overtime if the suit touches the plastic body?

but the arms don't have the under suit. Just the torso and legs

It's probably there so it didn't fit loose like the Toy Fairs Batman Begins suit fit. They just made it a tad too thick.

Nice work MA...first mod to make a really significant difference, IMO.

Youve got shadows casting on the eyes on both sculpts. Cant really see them. But im sure in hand the difference are very noticeable.

Yeah, that's a bounce flash picture which makes for pronounced over-head shadows (though you can still see the difference even in that pic), and the purpose of that picture was to show that he is a nice figure both ways.

I'll post some more honestly lighted pictures without the cape to hide behind later so that the differences are more apparent.

Thanks alot guys, I just wanted to show off what can be possible in terms of poseability without the restriction of the undersuit. And the modification really isn't hard, you just have to commit yourself to the idea of cutting the black bodysuit and be careful during the removal.

Its actually quite durable, far more than I expected, and that's why I was confident enough to put the figure in fighting poses with no damage to the rubber armor.

BTW, has anyone replaced the battery on the EMP rifle? I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure how to remove the battery door. Does it slide out? The instructions arent very clear....

Thanks in advance,

BOBBY

Just got my second DX12. Too sweet.

DiFabio recently replaced the batteries. I don't know which batteries to buy though. I remember I brought the batteries with me to the store and they couldn't find an equal. They probably just didn't know but it would be nice to know what to look for in the future

I really want to get rid of that body suit... but the mod is so extensive... WHY HOT TOYS!??

it's not that bad. you are just undressing and redressing the figure. you don't even need to cut it if you just loosen one seam on the side.

of course i say this now that i have the confidence in it, so i understand the hesitation.

BTW, has anyone replaced the battery on the EMP rifle? I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure how to remove the battery door. Does it slide out? The instructions arent very clear....

Thanks in advance,

DiFabio recently replaced the batteries. I don't know which batteries to buy though. I remember I brought the batteries with me to the store and they couldn't find an equal. They probably just didn't know but it would be nice to know what to look for in the future

Yup, I replaced them and the EMP is much brighter.

The instructions are crap, you just gotta pop/slide out the door gently. It's where the plastic tab was located.

I just bought an rubberized empty Bat cowl off of ebay. I am hoping that this rubberized version will stretch over my DX 12 Bruce Wayne Head.

They said it will take around a month to ship. See what happens and will post what I come up with when it arrives.

Back