Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will build something like this stand :rotfl
tisch15.jpg

The batmobile looks great in there but yeah the other tank won't allow the doors to open so I'll have to have a pretty big tank may have to go custom route.

I've been wanting to add under lighting just like that, I wish I could find a tutorial on how to do this that would look amazing, but with a white light instead of the orange

Just buy a couple of 5ft lengths of LED ribbon, and cut them up into lengths, connecting them all, and fitting under a suitable box with an acrylic top.
Any wood shop will make you the box, and you just get a sheet of acrylic cut to shape for the top. Fit the LED ribbon underneath and you're all the way. Just google "DIY Light box tracing"

The batmobile looks great in there but yeah the other tank won't allow the doors to open so I'll have to have a pretty big tank may have to go custom route.

I think it might fit with the doors open. The tank is a standard 40 gallon breeder tank that I got for the delorean which is 16" tall and the delorean is 8.25" tall with doors closed and I have seen pics with Marty standing next to it and the doors open to just above Marty's head and he is 12" tall so should fit in the tank actually.

Didn't bother adding the pedals? Brake, clutch, or gas? I know it's a small detail but my 1/18 had those and even the carpet mat details. They wernt carpet but had the lines to show them. Hmmmmm maybe someone can make custom delorean mats or pedals haha
Oh and those pictures just show me that my tank can defiantly have the doors open thank goodness

I hope hot toys include's the plutonium case and xtra suits with Doc. The biggest gripe i have with hot toys they can bum rush us with release's out of no where but take forever on a figure they could've released month's ago. Just give us some info or pic's on Doc pleeeaase... Sadly i agree with the theory that hot toys is releasing the bttf movie poster design's so i doubt wont here anything until after delorean release.

I thought it might be a good idea to create a separate thread for those of us who want to modify the HT DeLorean, once we have it in hand, making it more screen-accurate. Saves cluttering up this thread and hopefully make it easier to follow for ideas & solutions.

Anyway, for those that are interested in modifying it - here's the proposed thread for that - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-action-figures/165970-hot-toys-delorean-mod-ideas-resources.html#post8360185

Didn't bother adding the pedals? Brake, clutch, or gas? I know it's a small detail but my 1/18 had those and even the carpet mat details. They wernt carpet but had the lines to show them. Hmmmmm maybe someone can make custom delorean mats or pedals haha
Oh and those pictures just show me that my tank can defiantly have the doors open thank goodness

Brakes? Where we're going we don't need brakes :rotfl

Why would this thing ever need pedals?
I'm all for accuracy, but they would probably never be seen, and just be something that could break if the figure's feet hit them when you tried to put it in the car.

Would have been a nice touch. Sure it is useless but that does not mean unnecessary. You could say real pockets on a figure's pants are not needed but including them is a nice touch and adds to its realism. Not many ever use the pockets but its nice to know they are there.

I'm sorry but not including the pedals is downright CHEAP and they could be designed to push down easily if you seat a figure. I'm very unimpressed from what I have seen- the exterior is good but the interior is a huge let down and it's a crucial part of the time machine look and feel

I don't think they've ever included pedals in their cars so far but the area is a bit more visible in the Delorean so it's noticeable and given the rest of the interior detail it does feel ''missing''. To go so far and then stop just short of the finish line sorta thing.

Last edited:
Back