Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we're going through the inevitable stages of the hot toys 'love hate' relationship. One minute you love it the next you hate it. Usually happens when we first get the prototype pics we love it, then over time we begin to find out some inaccurate features of the item in question and we begin to hate it. Finally the in hand pics of the item in question start to appear and we love it again....:lol

What's with the complaining of the plates..looks spot on to me..I think BTTF 2 is when he changed the plates to metallic :lecture

Does it come with the lightening rod since there is a hole

The fact that they're stickers that you apply. They could have made that a solid, sculpted removable plate piece after what we've seen from them with their smaller, more intricate accessories.

License plate decals? Seriously hot toys I expect that on the 1/18 scale models i collect but not a 700 dollar model car. This whole delorean by hot toys is turning out to be a major disappointment .
Like I mentioned earlier I don't think the license plates are decals for the car. If you notice they're much too large to go on the actual car. They look to be just larger stickers you can use for whatever if you choose to.

Like I mentioned earlier I don't think the license plates are decals for the car. If you notice they're much too large to go on the actual car. They look to be just larger stickers you can use for whatever if you choose to.

But then what are the dial stickers above it for? Judging by their size compared to the plate, they look about right. However, I hope you're correct, as the plate did look raised/embossed in other images. I'd be very surprised if HT were including stickers just for the sake of it though. What would the point be? I've not know them to do that before.

Also, it's hard to tell from that sticker image on post #2291, but it does look thicker than a standard sticker. Look at the plates compared to the dials.

BTTF 993577_10153103653706065_2958695415465260722_n.jpg

Any ideas why the stripes overrun the plates each side?

Maybe the plates are indeed extras we can set on fire and spin to recreate the iconic scene. :monkey3

Dear Lord, someone just get us some detailed in-hand pictures before WAR starts in here!

Stickergate

:lol :exactly:

Well, if they are in fact stickers for plates cause what else can it be for, then break out your tweezers and steady hands to apply these stickers. They could've put in the gauges cause there you better have a steady hand for smaller stickers. i think I could've forgiven all else if at least the time circuits were lighted, but to be fair that was never stated as LED time circuits on the pre-order. I sure hope they do the star wars Cockpit a lot better.

I have 1/18 Deloreans with stickers but applied already- what a cheap cost cutting method from HT.
For $700 the plates should be printed plastic relief plaques. They can't even add gauges?
The time digital numbers look like cheap stickers- the ONE part of the nterior that SHOULD be lighted! That alone is a complete cheat. The rest looks good- even with missing cables and such. However that is a deal breaker for me.

OK so I agree with stickers being a bad thing but on a positive note I just noticed that the silver on the bodywork seems to have a very subtle brushed effect. Also the wiring inside the cabin looks better than the prototype (coloured instead of plain black) even though there still isn't enough of it. In fact most of what I see is at least as good as the prototype. Plate sticker sucks though!

I really don't care about the stickers.. all Deloreans in all scales have issues or missing stuff.

I love BTTF, and this is the best collectible Delorean ever created, in my opinion.

Just waiting my Delorean arrive :)

What I don't understand about HT and all their talent is why stop at the overhead interior being lit and the flux capacitor? Not only should the time circuits have lights, but everything on the dash cause Marty and Doc drove and flew that car with a lit dashboard. It looks like a half-*** job done on an iconic car like this from that video shown.

I asked on FB if have to apply stickers and replied yes but give xtra of both just in case so i was told. Its not a big deal but does feel very lazy cut corner. On the time circuits i kinda like those need to be put on so can fit leds under them if can fit them under to mod n light up.

Looks amazing to me! Thanks for sharing. What are your thoughts on this since you actually have it in hand?

Back