Hot Toys 2012 Toy Fair/Sideshow Exclusive Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't buy the "custom" theory; this thing was definitely planned for sale, even if in limited quantities.

I remember reading somewhere that the blue iron man variant had been cancelled.

Similar to what you've already stated though, they have already announced the IM hall of armor, and stated that Armored Whiplash and racetrack suit Tony stark are in development but delayed for the time being.

I can't imagine that a blue variant is high on the list of priorities right now.

I think Ninja Ra's is possible, only because he would better represent the "action" characteristics of that character. But to my eyes, the outfit Iminime chose is the more desirable outfit for collectors, so my guess would be that HT would go that route.

As for Gordon. . .a basic suit is a basic suit :lol I figure there would be a total of 5 to 10 people on this planet who would want to display multiple Gordons wearing different suits :D

I'm probably in the 2-3 on that planet that would want a Gordon from each of the 3 films, in 3 different outfits :lol

They could do a SWAT Gordon though, would be more interesting than a 'guy in suit' possibly for the general public (I don't mind the guy in suit)

I remember reading somewhere that the blue iron man variant had been cancelled.
You might be thinking about the original stealth Iron Man variant associated with the original Mark III mold. It was definitely canceled, as was discussed in a magazine giving a retrospective of Hot Toys' history. This was a different figure, apparently based off of a newer mold (more similar to the Mark II AU).

They could do a SWAT Gordon though, would be more interesting than a 'guy in suit' possibly for the general public (I don't mind the guy in suit)
I dunno void. Those are popular movies, and Batman HT stuff is generally popular (exceptions for the Two-Face and 10th Anniversary exclusives). But I think that's pushing it. I wouldn't buy a SWAT Gordon, anyway. He drives a van and pulls a gun on Joker. . .and that's it :lol I know Demon Bats had less screen time, but you make exceptions for Batman, of course.

I'm not sure that I agree. If it were a Batman or Joker with that Bat-Signal, then sure. Iron Monger is a big ol robot guy. Iron Man is a robot guy, with a fancy accessory. This is still man in suit with a big light.

Maybe they could split it up

1/2 of batsignal with Gordon and the other 1/2 with Blake (if they make him) or Ras Al Ghul

Well, without getting into spoilers, unless he's another outlandish character from the comics (be it Robin/Nightwing, or Deadshot, or whatever) then I wouldn't think that a cop guy would be much more desirable than man in suit, whether that be Gordon, Alfred, or Luscious Lucius.

I can't see how mech test could come with so many accessories, indiana jones DX, Sweeney Todd etc while still maintaining the pricepoint to be around $200ish and Gordon couldn't come with a bat signal as an accessory.

I can't see how mech test could come with so many accessories, indiana jones DX, Sweeney Todd etc while still maintaining the pricepoint to be around $200ish and Gordon couldn't come with a bat signal as an accessory.
If it's just a non-working signal, then that's possible. But I assume folks will want it to be able to light up and project on the wall or whatever. None of those figures you mention had anything apart from cloth/plastic accessories (excluding the Mech Test figure himself, which had the fancy glowing parts not unlike other HT figures with little LEDs built in). Plus, there is size to consider. . .HT charges more for bigger things.

Having said that, I could also argue that Iron Monger doesn't justify his cost ($250+ more than the typical Iron Man figure), just being a slightly larger version of what they've already done. Same with the gantry, which is apparently just bits of plastic, metal, and rubber (essentially a 'roided up version of the Mech Test bot), but costs $360 by itself. If something seems more than just mere accessory (including chair or idol podium), HT will likely charge for it. But who knows?

Wow, nothing but speculation in this thread. Call me when someone can actually provide at least one source.

If it's just a non-working signal, then that's possible. But I assume folks will want it to be able to light up and project on the wall or whatever. None of those figures you mention had anything apart from cloth/plastic accessories (excluding the Mech Test figure himself, which had the fancy glowing parts not unlike other HT figures with little LEDs built in). Plus, there is size to consider. . .HT charges more for bigger things.

Having said that, I could also argue that Iron Monger doesn't justify his cost ($250+ more than the typical Iron Man figure), just being a slightly larger version of what they've already done. Same with the gantry, which is apparently just bits of plastic, metal, and rubber (essentially a 'roided up version of the Mech Test bot), but costs $360 by itself. If something seems more than just mere accessory (including chair or idol podium), HT will likely charge for it. But who knows?

You gotta see those in person to understand I think. Price on Iron Monger really makes sense with what was at comic-con last year.

I've seen the videos, and I'm sure it is impressive, but it's still just a glorified version of what we've already seen with the other Iron Man figures. A bit more plastic involved, and new molds and tooling (but that applies to any new Iron Man figure). I'm just not seeing something that should logically cost over twice the cost of a regular Iron Man figure. Of course, HT is just charging what people will pay. Nothing wrong with that.

Back