Hot Toys 2012 Toy Fair/Sideshow Exclusive Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He means HT's "Toy Fairs" exclusive, not the actual Toy Fair. Their summer exclusives like in years past.

The USO/Rescue Cap has been said to be an exclusive by Howard himself, so its pretty much all but confirmed at this point.

I thought the idea for Cap was there would now be two separate figures: a USO Cap (likely the exclusive) and a "rescue" Cap. They were originally going to be one 'deluxe' release with swap-out outfit elements and heads, but no more...

I thought the idea for Cap was there would now be two separate figures: a USO Cap (likely the exclusive) and a "rescue" Cap. They were originally going to be one 'deluxe' release with swap-out outfit elements and heads, but no more...

I'm confused and will stay that way until we get something more official. That's what I took it to mean though.

It might just be one or the other now.

The good thing about the Penelope figure being an exclusive is she would be available right away rather than preorder and play the waiting game.

They announced her over a year ago :lol

May 24, 2011 :(

Well, if the Avengers Iron Man is any indication, these exclusives may not be as easy to get as they were before, so, a low blow.
I don't think they are. Those were both straight reissues with different heads that were also reissues--i.e., not equivalent to the Toy Fair exclusives Hydeous is talking about here. The Hot Toys Toy Fair exclusives over the last couple of years were easy enough to get ahold of. Particularly last year. I figure these will be easily available to anyone who wants them. And frankly, those characters probably just aren't interesting looking enough to warrant full releases. Two Face went on clearance.

Whatever happened to the stealth Iron Man with Book from last years SDCC?
I've not seen any other mention of it.

Last edited:
I'm still inclined to think thats just a custom left over from their Iron Man expo. But then again, I still have no idea how those silly things/milk figures ever got made.

I'm still inclined to think thats just a custom left over from their Iron Man expo. But then again, I still have no idea how those silly things/milk figures ever got made.

Really? Still trying to sell that one? Even with the whole sign at comic-con last year that the book came with the figure or the figure came with the book. I mean the figure might not get made the just the book sold but as per last we saw the figure wasn't a left over.

It was definitely being promoted as if it were going to be made available for sale.

https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/images/sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_10.jpg

Could be they changed their minds though (was supposed to be released last year). If so, this would be the second time HT intended to release a blue Stealth Iron Man and didn't :lol

Maybe they'll wait for the Avengers hype to die down before unveiling the Mark III mold V2.0 for sale.

That's true, but you know that figure will come to pass. An obscure Iron Man variation could be promoted but never get released and it would be no biggie to HT.

Exactly and I don't think they had all the details figured out on the book either. That was still in development as of last year at Comic-Con.

That's what happens when a company announces more product than it can handle. I'd say it's very possible the Ada Wong figure from Resident Evil that they announced isn't ever going to be released.

Ra's/Gordon would seem like a smart Batman exclusive to me. Would be a kick in the nuts to guys who bought the Iminime figures (self included!), but that shouldn't have any bearing on HT's decision.

Not necessarily, HT could do completely different outfits which would be win-win

If its the exact same outfits then I'll probably part out Gordon and keep ths best bits

For ra's I'll then display one with the mask (and no scarf) and one without mask (with scarf) :yess:

TFA - USO/Rescue Cap
BB - Ra's Al Ghul

Not interested in anything else and don't want to discuss.
Also don't forget about the new LOST HUNTER Predator with a big ass skull.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, HT could do completely different outfits which would be win-win

If its the exact same outfits then I'll probably part out Gordon and keep ths best bits

For ra's I'll then display one with the mask (and no scarf) and one without mask (with scarf) :yess:
I think Ninja Ra's is possible, only because he would better represent the "action" characteristics of that character. But to my eyes, the outfit Iminime chose is the more desirable outfit for collectors, so my guess would be that HT would go that route.

As for Gordon. . .a basic suit is a basic suit :lol I figure there would be a total of 5 to 10 people on this planet who would want to display multiple Gordons wearing different suits :D

Really? Still trying to sell that one? Even with the whole sign at comic-con last year that the book came with the figure or the figure came with the book. I mean the figure might not get made the just the book sold but as per last we saw the figure wasn't a left over.

Yeah, I don't buy the "custom" theory; this thing was definitely planned for sale, even if in limited quantities. I think what HT didn't factor in is that in 2012, they are churning out IM Mark II AU, 2 rehashes of Mark VI, the Avengers Mark VII, and they still have to produce the gantry (with rehash Mark IV), Mark 1 2.0, and Iron Monger (and that's JUST for IM related stuff, not counting the other Avengers product, TDKR, Amazing Spider Man, and all the other projects on the table). That doesn't leave a lot of room for an IM variant - and honestly, if they DO decide to churn out just one more Iron Man this year, wouldn't most IM fans rather have an updated Mark III (based on inproved AU sculpt) with swap out BD armor to go with Iron Monger, rather than an obscure suit that has seen no screen time? :huh

Back