EFX Concept Vader Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These Are Of The McVader Exhibit..... Sorry I Cant Get Enough Of This Bad Boy!!!!:)
IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

So the first one has made its way onto ebay. I have long considered flipping this piece, but once it arrived, I was convinced otherwise. The thing is truly a work of art. If there are future releases in this "line" (since eFX state this is the first in a line of concept helmets), I hope they take as long to develop and ship as this one did, because I will need that time to secure funds. I think I would probably only be down for a Boba Fett concept, and not so much the Stormtrooper. But this McVader is so amazing...

https://cgi.ebay.com/EFX-Ralph-McQu...ultDomain_0&hash=item20b5255298#ht_500wt_1156

Edit: So, I guess I caught that auction in its first hour, and already it has jumped from starting at $700 to just over $800. It will be interesting to see where this goes...

These Are Of The McVader Exhibit..... Sorry I Cant Get Enough Of This Bad Boy!!!!:)

I'm sure its already been mentioned by me, but I also have the Besta setup, only with the tall white framed glass doors instead of your style. But at first I was afraid the base was just not going to fit with the backing in place in the Besta. Of course the base fit on top of one of my lower units, but when I put it in the enclosed unit, the front hanged over just like yours is. I was too nervous to leave the helmet in the case with the base tilted like that. So I just used these clear self adhesive rubberized feet to raise the base enough above the height of the current included feet. Now even though the base hangs out over the shelf by at least 3/4 of an inch, its going nowhere and I feel much better. These feet are available at any hardware store.

I love how the blue came through!

I love that blue too. Really impressed with this piece overall. The paint job is superb with maybe just a bit of miss on the deep recesses of the breathing apparatus. This piece more than any other has led me to begin the search again for much better lighting. I need directional lighting in the ceiling rather than the double bulb cheap installation I currently have. Right now, and every night, I just cannot see Vader at all in the dark wood Besta shelving. I think a light shining directly on him will help immensely, and I don't want to rig lighting into the units now as they are firmly anchored to the walls already.

Should be interesting to see what it goes for. I'm thinking at least $1500. This helmet will always be desirable, the edition size guarantees that. It's easily the most important SW item I have in my collection. Time to get some insurance.

If EFX only makes one more Concept Helmet I want it to be the Mc Snowtrooper. What a awesome design! Bryan did say at the last SDCC that they are working on the Stormtrooper Concept helmet right now. I really hope they last longer than MR. I really dont care about Fett, I'm Fetted out to tell you the truth, but if I was to buy I would want Ralph's design, the one with the breathing apparatus on the mouth, not the AOTC looking one.

Last edited:
with three of the helmets on ebay right now, i am hoping it is a "buyer's market".

I thought there were four as of last night. One I bid on for only .99, of course I have already been outbid, and one at the high end for $2000 shipped!

hey guys,new to the forum...:wave

I guess I would have expected a higher price......we'll see what happens with the ones left. I still believe these will go high in value in the future due to the low edition size

Second one finished at $960 plus shipping, but strange that another jumped above $1000 while this one was still available for bidding. People really don't know how to search.

I suspect two of the reasons it only went for $960 is the total lack of "in-hand" pics and no helmet # (XXX/250) listed. With Ebay and Paypal fees, this seller doesn't stand to make more than pennies, if that. The buyer should be celebrating.

Back