Dispatch From The Alamo Drafthouse Theater: She Texted, We Kicked Her Out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She sounds like the valley girl that was in Desperado. :rotfl

"And I won't be leaving a tip I--ther! :rotfl

So a suburban valley girl hood rat, then?

Thats a nice blurring of ethnic and social stereotypes. Good for her.

*unfriending The Ween for putting terrible language stuff on Facebook*

How Terrible!

:lol I'm seriously thinking about just making my Facebook page for websites that I like and getting rid of the friends and family stuff. Just too hard to keep people happy.

HAHA Alamo Drafthouse is awesome! I got to meet Bruce Campbell there at one of his screenings.

The sad part was she couldn't get her story straight first she was texting, then she was just using the light to find her seat, but she wasn't texting, then she was texting... Hilarious.

Bahahaha. I got the tweet today about this. Cracked me up. Best thing I have seen in a while. That girl is so stupid. First she said she 'didn't know you couldn't text' then to turn around and say 'i was using it for a flashlight.' How about some continuity dingbat.

Haha, and I just noticed Kidd's post. That's right!

We'll see a PSA for eating pizza in the theater if King doesn't stop sneaking it in!

Best PSA I've ever seen. I cracked up so much... and then the rest of my office cracked up after showing it to them.

Gotta love the Drafthouse. And the Magnited States of America :flag

Never been to the Alamo personally but given the nature of the theatre and how many cult films they run as well as the prints etc, they seem like they could not cater more to their customers so this is even more hilarious. They did the right thing, nothing pisses me off in a theatre like texting, at least if theres some talking amonst people around you, its usually in regards to the movie. If a phone rings its usually an accident and the person turns it off. But what the ____ could you possibly need to text about so bad you can't just turn off your phone and your brain for an hour and a half and respect those around you who are all paying specifically to watch said movie. I've never gotten an "important" text ever. Ever. Its usually wats up or K "forwarded" sort of stuff.

Actually, there is such thing as an important text. And when I get them, you know what I do? I walk to the area near the entrance, where not a soul can be bothered by my texting. And I can watch, and text at the same time.

But that's apparently too much of a hassle for people. :dunno

Good now kick everyone that brings their 3 year old and younger to the theater and doesnt know how to keep the imp stfu.

:lecture

Really though, they should be stopped at the door before they even make it into the theater.

Totally agree... I went and saw The Dark Knight and some dumbass brought 2 little kids that essentially crawled all over the chairs and cried while the mom completely ignored them.

I gave her a few chances to take care of her kids and eventually yelled "would you please take care of your kids!". She yelled back "it ain't any of yo damn business!". To which I replied "I paid to see the movie not see and hear your kids cry!" A few people clapped and she left the movie :rock :rock :rock

You want to talk about kids and being uncomfortable?

My ex wife and I went to go see (I believe Revenge of the Sith) years ago. There was a little girl sitting next to me. She was sitting on her hands the entire movie rocking back and forth making cooing sounds. :horror

I don't know WTF was up but I kept shooting her parents dirty looks because they did not do anything to stop her. To this day it still bugs me.

I remember when I saw Wedding Crashers, it was 11:30 at night and there were three 7 year olds with their mother and some other lady who strolled in right after previews. The kids spent the majority of the film running around the front row and eventually we left to complain to the manager who walked us into another showing that started a little after ours.

Since that day I vowed never to take my kids to the movies while they are children past 6:00 out of respect to the moviegoer and not to even one movie until they are able to sit quietly and not talk or make noises throughout.

I heard that the text messenger was in fact Ween... typical... Ween can't spell and treats her smartphone like a breathing apparatus.

That's one good reason never to have kids

There is nothing wrong with bringing kids to a movie, unless it is a late showing. But as soon as the kid becomes a distraction to the people around them, then the parents need to do something with the child.

Back