Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good question. I could see that going either way, depending on how his followers perceive his actions and whether or not it's a weakness. I think Caesar is too devoted to the movement, so he'd be more inclined to go that route, BUT....I think he'll always have a special place in his heart for Will, whether he cares to admit it or not.

A special place in his heart right before he kills him.:thwak :lol

In many ways, this was really a sad movie, wasn't it??? :monkey2 :lol

Thinking about Lithgow's character death and Caesar turning his back on Franco, etc. etc. (And arguably Franco turning his back on Caesar, although, he was trying to make the situation better...)

In many ways, this was really a sad movie, wasn't it??? :monkey2 :lol

Thinking about Lithgow's character death and Caesar turning his back on Franco, etc. etc. (And arguably Franco turning his back on Caesar, although, he was trying to make the situation better...)

Don't leave out when Buck the giant Gorilla dies after laying waste to the helicopter to save Ceasar. That part was really sad. Especially as that leaves Ceasar with only Maurice(the Orangutan) as one of his most loyal followers.

Don't leave out when Buck the giant Gorilla dies after laying waste to the helicopter to save Ceasar. That part was really sad. Especially as that leaves Ceasar with only Maurice(the Orangutan) as one of his most loyal followers.

I forgot about that too. Very sad.

That whole movie was really a great view. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

I forgot about that too. Very sad.

That whole movie was really a great view. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Same here. I believe my girlfriend at the time and I went to the movies and nothing else was showing so we went to see it. Turned out it was an awesome film, that both of us loved. Going in with no expectations, and I came away floored. When Caesar talks for the first time, it blew my mind. Having not been a big POA fan, I was not expecting that to happen.

Same here. I believe my girlfriend at the time and I went to the movies and nothing else was showing so we went to see it. Turned out it was an awesome film, that both of us loved. Going in with no expectations, and I came away floored. When Caesar talks for the first time, it blew my mind. Having not been a big POA fan, I was not expecting that to happen.

I remember not even wanting to see it in theater. Didn't even go. Then, I caught it on HBO or one of those channels a year+ or so ago and TOTALLY loved it.

The big 'turn-off' for me initially was the whole Alzheimer's angle and cure, etc. Franco and Lithgow did a great job. I'll admit that this movie really surprised me. I'm glad I saw it.

For me... I'm glad Franko is a thing of the past. His performance was painfull to watch, complete miscast and another reason to not like "Rise". Not to mention that it has FREAKING John Lithgow with his AWESOME character... and he ****ing died in the first act leaving me with apes, Franco, Pinto, etc :monkey4
See - I thought Franco was fine in it - & I'm no fan of his either. :huh

John Lithgow just being in it at all, was cool. Sure, they didn't use him to his full potential, but the story is ultimately about Caesar, so..

deal-with-it-o.gif

DEAL WITH IT.

:lol

I like the placement of the 'of the' in the posters. :lol :rock

Me too, cuts down on space, for such a long title.

Yeah, I read that Franco's role might have involved a video tape that was recorded long ago before a lot of the population got wiped out. Then, when there was a director change, Franco had no involvement. :( I really would have liked to see that. I would like to think that there's at least some reference to his character, but I don't like when that character isn't even shown, in the the sequel. (Given that Franco was THE guy.)

That would've been great, and a little nod to Battle for the POTA.

Dawn is set 15 years after Rise so I imagine there will be some sort of montage showing the virus outbreak for the neutral viewer, even though the ending of Rise depicted this quite well.

I'd love a cool animatic montage, or even a faux news coverage montage of the plague.

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg

:horror :yess:

the story is ultimately about Caesar, so..

And that's the main problem of that movie - it is centered on mute child-like character and his growing hatred to man.
There's no character development in a sense, only cliched tricks, caricatures and eventually fabricated emotions.

Absolutely. I whispered a sad "aw s***" when Buck died. :(

Saying you didn't like Franco or found the whole film a bit boring is subjective. But arguing there was no character development from Caesar? That's not subjective. There absolutely was. It's amazing they could make an audience love and care for a CGI ape so much.

I found this movie better in many ways than Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Caesar received better character development and I felt much more sympathetic to him and his allies. Franco was also a better character than Khan as the circus guy (You may argue these points; these are subjective).

Back