Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Darren Carnall
The next Ripley will be the Alien (1) version with longer hair.

Awesome News, Darren!

AWESOME RIPLEY!!!!
Got my email and couldn't post a comment, but I love what you did with her!
I have to say the line that came to mind when seeing it though...
"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?":D
THAT is the look you caught on her face, Darren! Looks GREAT!

Must

Get

One...

AND AN ALIEN one too!

(Hairless if possible? :monkey3 Always can ask!)

I asked Lonnie a while ago if he had a Alien Ripley or plans to do one but he said no.

damn thats awesome .... too bad it'll cost an arm and a leg to acquire any alien figures now...

wow, so much positive feedback on this one. :bow

I do have to say I'm pleased with this. Even in its half finished state on my shelf at the moment it looks great (I'll miss this when its sent away) so I'm happy with it as an addition to my custom headsculpts/paints.

Les, youre absolutely right. I haven't seen the film for ages so couldn't remember the dialogue/scenes, but knew how I wanted her to look. But that IQ comment fits the expression exactly

(and yes... I'll do a bald one) ;)

Wicked! I'll have one of them too!

Patience! I've got to do it before I take names lol

Question for everyone... if I did a bald Rips... slight stubble for hair? or clean and smooth, and and you all use paint to get the effect? Opinions please :cool:

20090407_18Medium.jpg

Quote from my blog:

I've been working on this for what seems forever. A short while back I showed a resculpted Ripley head that I'd been working on. Well it's finally all painted up! (this particular one is for a lucky customer. I'll have to wait to do one for myself! Bah.)

Here's a few quick snaps I just took. Ignore the lighting and stuff, they're just to show what it looks like painted. Sometimes it's hard to look at an unpainted sculpt and picture it painted up.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOG POST WITH MORE PHOTOS IN :rock (I'm really happy with this one)

THat is perfection !!! WOW !

Thanks guys :bow

When I've got the full figure finished I'll take some decent photos of it (pulse rifle, leather jacket etc). I'm jealous that I have to send this away to someone!

To those who mentioned, yeah I've been working on a Hudson for a while now... too long in fact (just like this Ripley), but at least this Ripley shows i do get there in the end :lol

Here's one of the old pics I took ages ago when I was working on it last year. Most of you have seen this pic already. Hopefully It'll go great with the Ripley head. (I was tring to avoid resculpting the eyes, as I wasn't confident I could do that.. but I was never really happy with them. But since then I've learned I can do eyes, so I'll probably change everything)

It's going for the "we're screwed man!" look I think.... lol

1-4.jpg

Time to get on with that Hudson head now I think (along with everything else on my desk... *sigh* lol)

For the person who asked, the unpainted Ripley cast will be £17.50 GBP (British Pounds) plus £4 shipping (anywhere)

This is slightly higher than previous heads I've done, but for this one I had to make an additional mold and cast a separate rubber 'plug' for each head, to go up inside the neck to allow it to attach to the Hot Toys female body. This extra work and the cost of materials accounts for the slightly higher than usual cost. I hope this is ok.

Thanks again for all your lovely comments. Such a warm reaction from you all :bow

Darren

Thanks for posting that info Darren. Can't WAIT to get this Hudson head! And awesome, awesome work on that Ripley resculpt and paint-up. Might just have to get one of those if they're still around when Hudson is complete.

Excited to see the A L I E N Ripley sculpt too! :rock

THat is perfection !!! WOW !

Thanks for posting that info Darren. Can't WAIT to get this Hudson head! And awesome, awesome work on that Ripley resculpt and paint-up. Might just have to get one of those if they're still around when Hudson is complete.

Excited to see the A L I E N Ripley sculpt too! :rock

:eek: :bow :eek:

thanks guys.

such an odd question i never thought i'd be asked. :rotfl

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Perv.

I'll see what other people say about the stubble vs. smooth... looks like it might be stubble (which I would have preferred to be honest)

20090407_18Medium.jpg

Quote from my blog:

I've been working on this for what seems forever. A short while back I showed a resculpted Ripley head that I'd been working on. Well it's finally all painted up! (this particular one is for a lucky customer. I'll have to wait to do one for myself! Bah.)

Here's a few quick snaps I just took. Ignore the lighting and stuff, they're just to show what it looks like painted. Sometimes it's hard to look at an unpainted sculpt and picture it painted up.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOG POST WITH MORE PHOTOS IN :rock (I'm really happy with this one)

Fantastic work. It blows the original away.:rock

Back