Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished. HA! Darren is still cooking up what promises to be THE BEST Hudson resculpt out there...

:rock

ah !. I didn't know that ... thats put getting a sculpt for him on hold then. :D
Just apone now then... Lonnie it is. :D
Darren I will probably contact you in a week or so to get the Ripley sculpt if its still available. :cool::rock

Darren Love the ripley paint up. Cant wait for these to come back from the caster so i can have a go at her. Keep rocking out the great work!

20090407_18Medium.jpg

Quote from my blog:

I've been working on this for what seems forever. A short while back I showed a resculpted Ripley head that I'd been working on. Well it's finally all painted up! (this particular one is for a lucky customer. I'll have to wait to do one for myself! Bah.)

Here's a few quick snaps I just took. Ignore the lighting and stuff, they're just to show what it looks like painted. Sometimes it's hard to look at an unpainted sculpt and picture it painted up.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOG POST WITH MORE PHOTOS IN :rock (I'm really happy with this one)

That is gorgeous!

Darren is still cooking up what promises to be THE BEST Hudson resculpt out there...
I didn't know this either, I just finished re-re-re-repainting my Lonnie Hudson head and thought I did a good job! Still, I never thought Lonnie's head nor the "worried expression" were accurate enough so would be interested in Darren's version.

Does anyone know how much the unpainted Ripley will be?

Thanks guys :bow

When I've got the full figure finished I'll take some decent photos of it (pulse rifle, leather jacket etc). I'm jealous that I have to send this away to someone!

To those who mentioned, yeah I've been working on a Hudson for a while now... too long in fact (just like this Ripley), but at least this Ripley shows i do get there in the end :lol

Here's one of the old pics I took ages ago when I was working on it last year. Most of you have seen this pic already. Hopefully It'll go great with the Ripley head. (I was tring to avoid resculpting the eyes, as I wasn't confident I could do that.. but I was never really happy with them. But since then I've learned I can do eyes, so I'll probably change everything)

It's going for the "we're screwed man!" look I think.... lol

1-4.jpg

Time to get on with that Hudson head now I think (along with everything else on my desk... *sigh* lol)

For the person who asked, the unpainted Ripley cast will be £17.50 GBP (British Pounds) plus £4 shipping (anywhere)

This is slightly higher than previous heads I've done, but for this one I had to make an additional mold and cast a separate rubber 'plug' for each head, to go up inside the neck to allow it to attach to the Hot Toys female body. This extra work and the cost of materials accounts for the slightly higher than usual cost. I hope this is ok.

Thanks again for all your lovely comments. Such a warm reaction from you all :bow

Darren

Just wondering, Darren: why did you choose to do the Ripley sculpt with mouth open? I dont suppose there's a closed mouth version too in the works?

Just wondering, Darren: why did you choose to do the Ripley sculpt with mouth open? I dont suppose there's a closed mouth version too in the works?

Hi there :)

I did it this way partially because the original head had the closed mouth, so I wanted to get away from that, but mainly because throughout the film Weaver rarely has her mouth closed. Whether relaxed, shocked, angry.. whatever, her mouth is always some degree of open. So that's the direction I took. Tried to pick a degree of 'open-ness' that would allow for the most amount of moods and poses.

I doubt I'll have time to do a closed mouth version, sorry. The next Ripley will be the Alien (1) version with longer hair. Then possibly a more angry version. But it's all time dependant. I barely have enough hours in the day to breathe at the moment :lol

ALIENS-66.jpg

20090407_13Medium.jpg

20090407_15Medium.jpg

Back