1/6 Hot Toys - MMS745/745B - Episode III: Revenge of The Sith - Darth Sidious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next to Anakin and Obi-Wan, Palpatine is my favorite PT character. I'll get any version made of him and this was an easy 6 am preorder. I've wanted this figure for so long and it just came out of nowhere. I hope we get a Chancellor Palpatine next so I can retire my SS versions.

I also have the CW version on order because its from my favorite CW duel and the sculpt is amazing. Its nice that the two figures are so wildly different with sculpts and outfit. It doesn't feel like you're buying the same figure twice.

Wow, this was a surprise to be sure but a welcome one! I thought we would get this next year but he does fall under the Dark side reveals they’ve been doing so it makes sense. I’m really happy with this sinister sculpt they chose, looks great. I would also like if they did a Chancellor Palpatine from his duel with Mace. I wonder if they’ll have that as a reveal next year?
This is the Palps I want; the moment his true nature is revealed.
This one is just not doing it for me.

My allocated Star Wars space is also at max capacity so anything else I try to add to the display needs to really pop. This outfit just isn’t visually stimulating enough.

Sculpt is super detailed and sort of cool looking but it doesn't really capture Sidious from the movie that well imo. He obviously does a lot of smiling, much of it maniacal, in ROTS but something about this choice that doesn't seem to capture it.

Interesting that ROTJ Han is another one where they went with a quite unusual, quite specific expression. There was a time when HT was criticized for always going with bland/neutral expressions - those days are certainly over. :lol

I am a strictly movie guy so I passed on Clone Wars and glad I waited for this. Hoping we get a new Anakin now....
I agree (movie guy) that’s why I’m good with my ROTJ Emperor. I just don’t see the Emperor in the ROTS version. Looks way too sinister

Sculpt is super detailed and sort of cool looking but it doesn't really capture Sidious from the movie that well imo. He obviously does a lot of smiling, much of it maniacal, in ROTS but something about this choice that doesn't seem to capture it.

Interesting that ROTJ Han is another one where they went with a quite unusual, quite specific expression. There was a time when HT was criticized for always going with bland/neutral expressions - those days are certainly over. :lol
The more I look at it the sculpt does look a bit cartoonishly evil from some angles, but I actually kind of like it.

Last edited:
Not keen on this one, don’t remember him looking like that in the movie. I may try to pick up the old RotJ one if the price now drops.

Am I weird for maybe wanting the Clone Wars version over this? I've been sitting on putting in an order in for Palpatine, but now that I see this one, I feel like I the not deformed face more. Am I nuts for that?

Am I weird for maybe wanting the Clone Wars version over this? I've been sitting on putting in an order in for Palpatine, but now that I see this one, I feel like I the not deformed face more. Am I nuts for that?
Not imo, no. I like both versions equally for different reasons. Getting them both. Regret nothing.

Cool sculpt, though highly stylized. I think I’ll stick with my CW palps and maybe get the headsculpt down the road if it isn’t super expensive

Holding out until we get the one true Sheev :p

bfY4kM8.jpeg

I agree (movie guy) that’s why I’m good with my ROTJ Emperor. I just don’t see the Emperor in the ROTS version. Looks way too sinister
Isn't he supposed to look sinister?

Cool sculpt, though highly stylized. I think I’ll stick with my CW palps and maybe get the headsculpt down the road if it isn’t super expensive
I don't see any stylization.

I get the sculpt, he was absolutely drunk on power. I know it's not exactly in-vogue but probably should have had a more neutral head with it, like when he's addressing the senate. This is very specific.

Back