1/6 Episode III Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Obi-Wan IMAGE Thread

As the weekend's here, and so is my girlfriend, there'll be no futzing -- or those "special" pictures -- until Monday. Sorry to those who care. But its hard to explain to my girl why I'm photographing nude dolls. That's better done alone. :D

OK, here's the last round of pictures. The sun is really screwing today -- bright one minute, then dark the next when clouds pass -- so I apologize for the uneven lighting.

The first two show the lighting difference and what it does to Obi's tunic...

Obimore1.jpg

Obimore2.jpg

Then here's some more face shots and a better view of the textured hair...

Obimore3.jpg

Obimore4.jpg

Obimore5.jpg

Last note here: the warm sun is adding some 'red' to the pictures -- Obi's not quite that reddened in person.

I think that's all I can get to today. Unless the light evens out. Anyway, I leave it to you all to judge.

carbo-fation said:
The eyes look fantastic! This is by far the best sculpt IMO. If only SS could've done a better paint job, then this would've been a home-run!

Agreed. So close to perfection... yet, so far. Why, Sideshow, why?? :banghead

Dammitt SSC, why couldn't you just paint his hair lighter! :D

Drybrush "retouch" tutorial thread someone, Please!

pjam said:
Dammitt SSC, why couldn't you just paint his hair lighter! :D

Drybrush "retouch" tutorial thread someone, Please!

Yes. Even though I'm so scared I would mess him up somehow. :eek:

Wor-Gar said:
As the weekend's here, and so is my girlfriend,

Yah hahahaa... riiight. I bet you lied about getting Obi-Wan today too and those pictures are from... some other person's kitchen... or something.

:monkey2

I guarantee you that Customikey will do a repaint of his Obi-Wan figure that will make us all cry with envy. We all thought he improved Han Solo ten-fold, wait until we see what he does with Andy's perfect EP3 Obi-Wan sculpt!

I'm already jealous! :eek:

OK, I lied, I'm back. Here's 2 more close-ups in shade...where the detail in the face and in the skin is better seen. And there is a lot of wrinkles hidden in there after all.

ObiCUevenlight1.jpg

ObiCUevenlight2.jpg

Again, this is shaded, flat lighting.

Sorry for the slight buzz (in the pictures, not me) but my little Elf has a macro feature that is very sensitive if you aren't the exact millimeter where you should be when you snap the shot.

Monday will bring the Futzed Obi-Wan... better pictures... and of course, more of my kitchen.

I hope these pictures have helped some of you.

IrishJedi said:
I guarantee you that Customikey will do a repaint of his Obi-Wan figure that will make us all cry with envy. We all thought he improved Han Solo ten-fold, wait until we see what he does with Andy's perfect EP3 Obi-Wan sculpt!

I'm already jealous! :eek:

True, but that isn't our only hope for Obi-Wan.

I'm not paying $50 to lighten his hair, a full head repaint, yes, maybe. His eyes look great as well as his facial tones, yeah the eyebrows need a little thinning out and it's not that difficult using a toothbrush or whatever to do the beard whites but that's it.

I'll do it myself this time and I think many of us can too.

Tutorial please.

Even though these paint apps aren't as intricate as the prototype, I still think Andy's sculpt and likeness come through beautifully.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Even though these paint apps aren't as intricate as the prototype, I still think Andy's sculpt and likeness come through beautifully.

Yes Indeed TOM, Masterful it is...

Hmm, he does look very nice, maybe I jumped the gun on this one. I guess I'm a little nervous after Anakin. Like King Darkness none of my other sideshow figures have any flaws with that paint (15 non SW in all) yet two of the 5 SW ones have a paint problems.

Agent0028 said:
Hmm, he does look very nice, maybe I jumped the gun on this one. I guess I'm a little nervous after Anakin. Like King Darkness none of my other sideshow figures have any flaws with that paint (15 non SW in all) yet two of the 5 SW ones have a paint problems.

That's because they're cranking these out! What other line sells a figure every month?

Its our own greed and obsession for SW that results in these flaws... its our own fault! Ours, I tell you!

Its people!

Agent0028 said:

Thats whats pissing me off more than anything, I have 30 SS with near perfect paint apps. All were cheaper in price too.

Back