FIREFLY CLOTHING THREAD(9/18/12 UPDATED LIST PAGE 1)-SMcG Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithlordmacgyver

Super Freak
Reaction score
HOPEFULLY THIS WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE WHO IS ON THE LIST FOR A FEW FIREFLY ITEMS

Here is the CURRENT LIST of who has a spot in for Firefly items:

Brett J. - EMAIL SENT 4/12-NEW EMAIL SENT 8/30/12-CANCELLED 9/18
Robert B. - EMAIL SENT 9/18/12
Daryl A. - SHIPPED
Kevin D. - SHIPPED
Cameron K. - SHIPPED
Mike B.
Sam R.
Tom G. ORDER CONFIRMED 8/30
Chris C. cuttersky ORDER CONFIRMED 8/30
Chris N. - shadowx81 SHIPPED
JenJen - jenjen ORDER CONFIRMED 8/31
Thomas B - ORDER CONFIRMED 8/30
Dave B. - ORDER CONFIRMED 9/4

Here are a list of the items I still can make at this time:

MAL-Duster, Red or Navy Blue shirt, Pants, Suspenders
MAL BOOTS- I CAN PAINT THEM(EMAIL ME) NOTE: TREVOR DOES NOT HAVE BOOTS AVAILABLE NOW-I CAN PAINT A SET IF YOU HAVE ONE
ZOE-Vest and Duster (VERY LIMITED with current Leather fabric)
WASH- Hawaiian Shirt ONLY
JAYNE- Yellow Tee with Black trim, Cunning Stocking Cap(limited)
KAYLEE-Regular Mechanic and a few GEOMETRIC Shirt

I have no other clothing items in the works but I would like to go to River next. My goal is to make sure I get everyone taken care of with the current list of needs before I move onto new items. Many have their bashes ready to go, so I want to get you finished up.
If your name is NOT ON THE LIST RIGHT NOW....EMAIL ME(PLEASE DO NOT PM ME OR POST YOUR NEEDS HERE).
I WILL ONLY ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST IF YOU HAVE EMAILED ME AT MY REGULAR EMAIL. It getst tricky sometimes when I get a PM here and then another email there and so on...I hope everyone understands.
IF YOU NEED TO BE OFF OF THE LIST...LET ME KNOW AND I CAN CORRECT THE ORDER.
Thanks again everyone!!! I am glad that I can get back to some of these for you guys and gals...
I will talk to many of you VERY SOON..

Thank you again...

CHAD

SMcG CUSTOMS
EMAIL: [email protected]

Last edited:
Re: Mal Reynolds Coat and Zoe Vest-SMcG

Hi Chad

I preordered but wasn't billed for shipping.

Rodney, I just sent over a paypal request for the shipping. The reason why it didn't bill shipping is because I didn't have the Phillipines as an option. If you have any other questions, Please let me know.

Chad
SMcG

What about that shirt?

I can't wait to get the vest for Zoe, having the Mal coat, I know it's going to be brilliant quality!

Thank you to those who have asked about the shirt so far.
I actually made that one up for the photo OP. I need to clean it up a bit before I can make it available. For those of you who have put in an order already and possibly want one, I will see if I can get it cleaned up and made up so no one has to pay extra shpping charges.
How does that sound?

Thanks again everyone...

UPDATE: There are only one or two spots left for each on this month's schedule. After that, I have to see how much fabric I will have left for future Zoe vests.

Now if only I can get my hands on those Trevor sculpts...LOL (patience...patience....patience)

Chad
SMcG

I thought I would post a few pics of my Mal coat I got from Chad here. I love this jacket! I did some of my own weathering and added a wire to the bottom for poseability. I'm pretty happy with the result. Let me know what you guys think! Apologies for the crappy pics, I'm pretty amateur.

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

Looks great. I have mine 50% put together.

Thanks dwing! I'm working on sowing some buttons to Mal's pants for the suspenders to attach to. Then it's just a waiting game for Stevo's rig and Josh's paint job. Can't wait to get the whole thing together!

Terrific outfits! Really loving what I'm seeing. I haven't had time to experiment with molding, but I'm pretty sure there will be no issue once I have time. I'll keep everyone updated on the castings.

It will be very fun to see the work everyone does on these!
Trev

I thought I would post a few pics of my Mal coat I got from Chad here. I love this jacket! I did some of my own weathering and added a wire to the bottom for poseability. I'm pretty happy with the result. Let me know what you guys think! Apologies for the crappy pics, I'm pretty amateur.

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

[
IMG_1140.jpg

I also have the Mal coat. I took off the latches or closers that came with it and replaced them with claspes that work. I used 6mm brass rings and put them thru the loops sown on the coat and made a latch from brass stock to hook the two rings together. I feel it improved the look of the coat by getting rid of the oversized brass closers. I've ordered the Zoe vest and shirts from SMcG also. He does great work.

Old Grandpa

Do you have pics of the clasps, where'd you pick them up? I was thinking of replacing them as well, just didn't know what to use.

Do you have pics of the clasps, where'd you pick them up? I was thinking of replacing them as well, just didn't know what to use.

Hey Dane, I made the new clasps. Went to a craft store a bought some 6mm Jump Rings. Removed the latch assy that came with the coat, and inserted a Jump Ring in each sown on loop Went to a local hobby shop and bought some .015" x .25" brass stock. .01" will work as well, maybe better. I ground the stock down close to .1" wide with my Dremel, then finished it with a file till it was a smooth .1" wide. I bent a C bend in one end that will close around the left hand 6mm rings. Measured how long I wanted the clasp portion to be. Bent another C bend in the other end of the clasp piece but did not close that C bend. I used that end as the hook ot latch onto the other 6mm ring. Sorry about no picture right now, camera down.

Old Grandpa

UPDATE:

I just wanted to let everyone know that those of you who had ordered just the Mal Coat in the last preorder, your orders have been shipped.

Those who ordered the Mal Coat and the Zoe vest...a few will be shipping out tomorrow and Wednesday...

Those who ordered the Mal Coat, Zoe Vest and a couple of other tid-bits...those should be shipped out at the end of the week.

Thank you again everyone..

Chad
SMcG

UPDATE: 2/12

Sorry for the delay everyone on the Mal Coat/Zoe vest combo orders. I had a batch of side stap materials that didn't work out as well as I liked...I am making a new batch up and hoping to wrap them up this weekend for the rest of you who haven't got your orders yet.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

Chad
SMcG

Gray,
Sorry, I don't have anymore information for you at this point. I got a little sidetracked with some projects the last couple of days but I hope to have some information for everyone posted at the site in another week at the latest.
Thanks again everyone!!!!

Chad
smcgcustoms.com

Gray,
Sorry, I don't have anymore information for you at this point. I got a little sidetracked with some projects the last couple of days but I hope to have some information for everyone posted at the site in another week at the latest.
Thanks again everyone!!!!

Chad
smcgcustoms.com

Chad, thanks for you answer.
I'm waiting any updates.

Received my Mal coat today and it was worth every penny. Thanks Chad. :)

Back