1/6 C-3PO Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChibiSchmoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can't take credit for this idea - saw it on ebay a few years ago - but the work is all mine, at least. This is an articulated 1/6 C-3PO using the highly accurate Screamin/Kaiyodo kit. The armor is all fitted over a Hasbro GIJane body (thinnest figure I could find) and retains all the articulation of that figure - in as much as its not restricted by the armor itself. He comes out to be the same height as Sideshow's ANH Luke - which I think is pretty close to their actual heights in the films.

c3po23.JPG

c3po6.JPG

c3po32.JPG

c3po41.JPG

Wow! Pretty ingenious stuff, imo. That's a fairly decent sized task to take on. Paint apps look great and altogether it looks to be one very well executed custom. You should be proud! :rock

It's a nice custom. I still think C-3PO needs to be chromed to really look right, but of course that's not really an option for an individual customizer. I'm surprised that having a 1/6 scale body "wear" the C-3PO suit actually works fairly well though.

Nice!! I wanted to tackle that myself, but never got around to getting a screamin kit. Did you have to "add or sculpt" pieces anywhere?

This really is amazing, well done. The paint you have chosen is spot on imo and even better than the proto they show!

Thanks everyone!

I didn't have to add anything to the kit except to fill the exposed gaps in the stomach and back of the knees - you can't see it, but there's mesh from a screen door in there underneath the wires.

The kit was actually much easier to work with and assemble on the figure than I thought. I didn't remove anything more than what you are supposed to. And when you drop the parts in hot water, the vinyl cuts like butter. Plus, its already as hollow as its going to get, so its not like I had to dremel the parts out (no dremel anyway).

The problem was the underlying figure - I had to slice extra plastic off the arms and legs and remove the front of the chest in order for the armor to fit over it. Thankfully, the GIJane body is pretty soft except for the torso. In retrospect, I should've taken more off of the upper legs because the waist-piece pinches the legs together.

The gold paint isn't quite as reflective as I would've liked (darn that lying spray paint cap! it was gold chrome!). I debated whether to weather him up or not, but thought I'd let him be for now.

very nice!!...can move his arm alittle?... i curious how the "connectors tubes" that is located at the inner arms will behave

GREAT WORK!

I was gonna have Hurricane build me one like that using the same plan several years ago -- I have the original Kaiyodo kit still -- but then the SS SW came a long and we thought... well, who knew we'd still not have the droids.

I'm surprised it fits in so well with the SS Luke. I thought the kaiyodo kits were a little smaller. Looks perfect there.

I've thought about doing something similar... good tip on the female joe though, that will definitely help.
I used one of those kits for a Custom Stormtrooper recently and I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Wow very nice custom. It is amazing how seeing the droids next to Luke how it brings everything together in my opinion. Lovely display there!

Back