Fox Announces Deadpool Spin-Off

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamboota

Super Freak
Reaction score
20th Century Fox has officially announced that they are ramping up production on a Deadpool spin-off. Ryan Reynolds is attached to reprise the character, in a deal that was obviously part of his X-Men Origins: Wolverine contract. Lauren Shuler Donner will produce with Marvel Entertainment. No screenwriter has yet been hired.

https://www.slashfilm.com/2009/05/05/fox-announces-deadpool-spin-off/

Last edited:
Thankfully, it's said to be a prequel. Reynolds was great in the 4 minutes of WOLVERINE that they didn't piss all over the character.

It is understood that Reynolds would regain the ability to mouth off, with the movie going back to the roots of the character known for his slapstick tone and propensity to break the fourth wall. The character also was disfigured in "Wolverine," though it's unclear at this time how much the studio would want to mess with Reynolds' handsome mug.

The project is out to writers.

Sounds like it isn't determined either way. Reynold refused to be in the picture if they removed it too far away from the comic book roots so if it is Barakapool the powers would probably be gone after the dead and his mouth is open again so....its possible to go that route as well.

I hope he looks like this

deadpool.gif

X-men Origins: Deadpool :confused:

Also said a Gambit spin off is in the works.

X-men Origins: Gambit :confused:

I wonder what this means for X-men Origins: Magneto? That was the only other one I heard about besides Wolverine. Is that one not going to happen?

If they do a prequel I guarantee no mask because there'd be no reason and they won't cover up Reynolds' face if there is nothing wrong with it. If they continue with the storyline just revert the character back towards the Comic Deadpool then it'd be natural to have him wear the mask....

X-men Origins: Deadpool :confused:

Also said a Gambit spin off is in the works.

X-men Origins: Gambit :confused:

I wonder what this means for X-men Origins: Magneto? That was the only other one I heard about besides Wolverine. Is that one not going to happen?

This won't be an X-MEN ORIGINS movie. The release refers to it as a "spin-off" and says that they're simply calling it DEADPOOL.

MAGNETO is still in development and should be the next X-film, unless the already announced sequel to WOLVERINE gets fast-tracked and leap frogs it.

Both X-Men Origins: Magneto and X-Men Origins: First Class both have writers and a production team in place (Magneto actually had a screenplay by David Goyer of Batman fame and supposedly he is supposed direct) but were not going to move ahead unless Wolverine was successful, rumor is they'll Digitally De-Age McKellan for Magneto but who knows.

I have a feeling you'll see Magneto next but I could see them moving Deadpool ahead of First Class.

Incidentally, FIRST CLASS would actually make the most sense for the next one since chronologically it could really pick up right where WOLVERINE left off. But, yeah... from a business standpoint that one is at the end of the line. I bet you'll see the WOLVIE sequel before that one.

Well Josh Schwartz who created The O.C. and Gossip Girl was hired by FOX to write the first script for First Class. It was supposed to be aimed at Teens as a Teen Drama....many think that will be a semi-reboot of the X-Men franchise.

Well Josh Schwartz who created The O.C. and Gossip Girl was hired by FOX to write the first script for First Class. It was supposed to be aimed at Teens as a Teen Drama....many think that will be a semi-reboot of the X-Men franchise.

One word: ghey.

But then, that's Fox.

This won't be an X-MEN ORIGINS movie. The release refers to it as a "spin-off" and says that they're simply calling it DEADPOOL.

MAGNETO is still in development and should be the next X-film, unless the already announced sequel to WOLVERINE gets fast-tracked and leap frogs it.

What about Gambit though. He'd be an X-Men Origins wouldn't he?

And I think they might try to connect Deadpool with X-men because a lot of people probably wouldn't get the connection without it. I know a lot of people didn't get the Wade Wilson/Deadpool connection in the film. They hardly call Wade by name in the 2 minutes he is on screen and they expect people to get the bald guy shooting laser beams out of his eyes is him? The ending with the Shhhh also confused people.

I think Deadpool could work with the mask, but I just don't know how they'd capitalize on Ryan Reynold's name without his face. It works for Spider-man because he's Peter Parker half of the time. So unless it is a prequel, a scarred up bald guy isn't selling Reynold's.

Well Schwartz hasn't actually written the script yet nor has it been accepted but looking at his track record if it is it'll something completely different than we've known and be a lot like his previous projects which means Jean Grey will act more like a rich socialite or tormented teen full of angst that substance abuses to cope yet looks fantastic in designer clothing while training.

So unless it is a prequel, a scarred up bald guy isn't selling Reynold's.

The difference is that Reynolds loves the character so he'd be willing to wear it. Also I could imagine that there'd be flashbacks done ala Family Guy or Saved by the Bell style where he looks directly at the camera sets it up and we see Reynolds that way. Its campy but right up the alley of the character.

NnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

NnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" like this, of course:

wolverine-poster-french.jpg

Back