What are you reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avfin

GONK LIVES
Reaction score
Just finished reading 4 books by Richard Avery--The Expendables--what a fun read. It is about a group of castaways,misfits,expendables --that travel to other planets to prove that humans could live and flourish.
Next up is Monster Island--A Zombie Novel
Lets here it---what are some good reads out there?

I'll have to check those out! Sounds cool!

I just got a nice edition of "The Hobbit". I wanted to read it again before the movie came out.

The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide

Consisting of the five complete novels:

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Life, The Universe And Everything
So Long And Thanks For All The Fish
Mostly Harmless

There also is a bonus story:

Young Zaphod Plays It Safe

Right now I'm in the middle of Restaurant, so I still have a long way to go.

Christopher's Ghosts by Charles McCarry. Before that I just read The Descent by Jeff Long. Not sure what's next on the list. I'm way backlogged on my reading.

I've only read the first one and thought it was outstanding. funniest book i have ever read. i still remember sitting on the subway during rush hour, and laughing out loud while reading it. i'm curious to hear if the other ones stack up to it.

The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide

Consisting of the five complete novels:

The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Life, The Universe And Everything
So Long And Thanks For All The Fish
Mostly Harmless

There also is a bonus story:

Young Zaphod Plays It Safe

Right now I'm in the middle of Restaurant, so I still have a long way to go.

Just got done reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower V: Wolfs of the Calla and now i am reading Halo: Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund and i have to say this Book is awesome! Master Chief is the shat!!! :rock and so is Cap. Keyes!

I've only read the first one and thought it was outstanding. funniest book i have ever read. i still remember sitting on the subway during rush hour, and laughing out loud while reading it. i'm curious to hear if the other ones stack up to it.

I had the same thing, just laughing aloud over certain passages or remarks :)

So far, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe is also funny! The adventure basically continues with new strange travels, encounters and improbabilities :D

I had the same thing, just laughing aloud over certain passages or remarks :)

So far, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe is also funny! The adventure basically continues with new strange travels, encounters and improbabilities :D

good stuff! will have to check it out.

I just finished reading Watchmen. i had never read it before. and now i am kicking myself for missing out on this all these years!!!

Right now I am reading book 11 in Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series Knife of Dreams, but I only have 200 or so pages left. After that I am going to read either Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn or Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. Both of those are long series of books, so I have to choose wisely. :confused:

If you guys want to read a really good series, pick up The Eye of the World. This is the first book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and has a very in-depth, drawn out plot. I introduced it to a few of my friends at work and all three of us are reading book 11 now.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia if you are interested in reading the premise of the series:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_wheel_of_time

Last edited:
Just finished 'Let the Right One In' by John Ajvide Lindqvis. Found out this story was a book first so I decided to read it and then watch the film. I'm interested to see how well it was adapted to the big screen. As for the book itself, quite the interesting read. One twist I didn't see coming (I always love that) while reading the story. Bloody, gory, sick, sometimes touching, bizarre are just a few words to describe the overall story. I quite liked this vampire story.

Now I'm reading 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' by Mark Haddon. Only a few chapters in but I can tell that I'll read through it pretty quickly. The story is written from the point of view of a special needs teenager, which makes it quite the fascinating read.

Just got done reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower V: Wolfs of the Calla and now i am reading Halo: Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund and i have to say this Book is awesome! Master Chief is the shat!!! :rock and so is Cap. Keyes!
dude you should try the Ghosts of Onyx by Nylund. i read it right before halo3 came out and it seriously got me pumped up for the game.

dude you should try the Ghosts of Onyx by Nylund. i read it right before halo3 came out and it seriously got me pumped up for the game.

Papo! i got

Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike & Ghost of Onyx

And will be getting the other ones!! This novels are so freaking awesome!!!! its amazing how Better you get to know John 117 on here. I love the Halo story and expanding it with this books is fantastic!! WE NEED A MOVIE!!!

Nazis: A warning from history by Lawrence Rees

A fascinating and brutal read that really hit home how evil they truly were

just finished reading "confederacy of dunces" by john toole what an amazing and funny book. also read "little green men" by christopher buckley recently and laughed my ass off. strongly recommended!

200px-Stalingradbook.jpg

ive got gears of war: aspho fields on standby aswell.

Back