The Wait is Over: Modern Thing has arrived....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
After a long journey, the Sideshow Modern Thing Premium Format - International Exclusive has arrived. Certainly, many of you remember my thread in the WTB forum. As promised, here are pictures of the "big guy" finally at home, safe and sound. He's so much more than I expected. Despite the criticism that this piece receives, I'm glad I took the risk. :cool:

Let the festivities begin. :fireworks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

great, now that you've gotten yours, i should be the only other person wanting one of these.:naughty
i should be able to pick one up for a song now.:banana:banana

btw looks good, got more red than others that i've seen, but for me that's not a problem, gives each statue it's own attitude right.

edit, btw did you and up getting yours from ss?? or privately/ebay??

Sweet!!!! I like the red curtain in the backdrop :lol Looks good man!

Thanks! I bought the curtain just for this occassion. :lol

great, now that you've gotten yours, i should be the only other person wanting one of these.:naughty
i should be able to pick one up for a song now.:banana:banana

btw looks good, got more red than others that i've seen, but for me that's not a problem, gives each statue it's own attitude right.

edit, btw did you and up getting yours from ss?? or privately/ebay??

It's well worth it. I got it directly through Sideshow and had a $100 gift card, so it was a great deal! And the only reason why I went through Sideshow on this one is just because of the issues (chips, etc.) that you run into with some Ebay sellers (and I'm not meaning to stereotype.) This way if anything happened, I'd have no issues getting a replacement.

Nope, I want one too. Congrats on the purchase Chapter 2099. What made you decide to go with the modern over the shorts if you don't mind my asking. I'm a little on the fence about which one to get.

Nope, I want one too. Congrats on the purchase Chapter 2099. What made you decide to go with the modern over the shorts if you don't mind my asking. I'm a little on the fence about which one to get.

The fact that that it stands out more among the others (not many own one) and it has an Edition Size of 250 as opposed to the 750 of the other Exclusive. I know not a lot of people love this piece, but I think down the road it'll be one of the pieces people will wish they would of picked up while they had the chance.

I'm a fan of the Thing PF in general, so why not go all out and get the most limited of the run? :cool:

My biggest sticking point is wondering if they ever do the other three members which costume will it match?

I know not a lot of people love this piece and for good reason, but I think down the road it'll be one of the pieces people are glad they didn't pick up when had the chance.

I'm a fan of the Thing PF in general, so why not go all out and get the most limited of the run and smash it with a sledgehammer? :cool:

fixed it for ya :D

My biggest sticking point is wondering if they ever do the other three members which costume will it match?

That's a good question. I'm thinking that they will eventually. I honestly didn't even factor that into my decision for the Modern though. But now you've got me wondering......ALL FOUR of the Fantastic Four - Modern PF EX's :angelsmil Can you imagine the thread I would start when that's announced?!?! :lol

:lol

Well I'll be the second to post in it really excited if I finally convince myself to get a thing, or crying because I didn't.

congrats on your thing. saw your posting on the wtb and trade. =) happy for ya.

I want one too !!!

Congrats on getting one, Ive wanted one since they were announced but I already have the Exc so its whether I can have the space for both :dunno.

Amazing pics, makes me want one even more :drool
x :peace

Yeah I have the regular Ex and mine if perfect IMO, i don't see any bad paint flaws or a lil more pink/red/orange, it's perfect!!! :rock2 on The Thing and his twin brother from another mother!

I can put baby booties on my Thing EX. Also, because he has a SWAPPABLE EX NOGGIN I can throw a pacifier in his mouth to complete the look. :monkey3 (EX)

Back