Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Was wondering what you guys think. I had a Sovereign Studios Keaton but that damn head wouldn't articulate with the all in one cowl piece so I sold it. With the Nicholson Joker coming, I def need another Keaton Batman to complement him.

Alex Rojas aka elpapadavis who I've known for years and did my Adam West Batman has one with neck articulation but I'm not diggin' the cloth cape. I may commission one from him if he replaces the cape with that textured pleather material. The head sculpt cowl looks great to me...but what do you guys think about the emblem on the cowl piece instead of the chest to make that articulation work?

Here it is listed on the bay...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330165912935&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

LMK. :cool: :blackbat

Last edited:
Re: Alex' Keaton Batman

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about it. The cowl and gloves look too soft and mushy. And I don't like the plain body with nipples. :monkey4

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about it. The cowl and gloves look too soft and mushy. And I don't like the plain body with nipples. :monkey4

The nips could be sanded off, but those legs are buggin' me too. The Soveriegn piece is really nice except for the stationary head. I wish they would solve that, then we'd have something. I think one other customizer does one with neck art but the sculpt is off.

Rock and hard place here.

Something about the face I am not digging.Are there not any better options out there?

Re: Keaton Batman

HA! Well I can tell you right now that the body looks like it was taken from a Mattel Ultimate Batman! The shot where his legs are bent is a dead giveaway! Also the ears on the cowl look bent and the nipples on the Mattel body gotta go. Good effort though but I'd feel ripped off. Sad thing is this will probably go for several hundred.

And there's something familiar about that headsculpt too. Looks almost like the Keaton bust that came packaged with Batman cereal. I wonder if they did a recasting/shrink from it? Very suspicious. Hmmm...

Okay, maybe not but I'm still suspicious...

eebe_1.JPG

Last edited:

I love the Sovereign MK Bats. Considering that Keaton didn't have neck articulation in that suit it's at least realistic.

As for that custom - the naked body just doesn't work - but for parts it looks pretty good.

Pjam -- WAIT for a better Batman.

This one in the auction sucks. The gloves and boots are oversized, the cape material is cloth... and the worst: that body with the exposed knee joints!!! Did you even see that in the picture?

At $90 all you get that's useable is the OK headsculpt. The Sovereign is FAR superior even if the neck doesn't articulate. I mean, the real Keaton suit in the movie didn't articulate all that much at the neck. At least with Sovereign you get real urethane rubber suit parts and the proper cape material.

Check with Alex and see if he'll make a proper one for you. I've seen better from him. Be prepared to spend $150-$200 minimum. HA! -- Joker price again.

Pjam -- WAIT for a better Batman.

This one in the auction sucks. The gloves and boots are oversized, the cape material is cloth... and the worst: that body with the exposed knee joints!!! Did you even see that in the picture?

At $90 all you get that's useable is the OK headsculpt. The Sovereign is FAR superior even if the neck doesn't articulate. I mean, the real Keaton suit in the movie didn't articulate all that much at the neck. At least with Sovereign you get real urethane rubber suit parts and the proper cape material.

Check with Alex and see if he'll make a proper one for you. I've seen better from him. Be prepared to spend $150-$200 minimum. HA! -- Joker price again.

Thanks everyone, Bats, Daves, WG et al. I know alex could make a Quality MK Bats with those urethane kit parts and make the head articulate. I'll talk to him about that but do you guys dig the alex cowl piece with emblem? I don't even think I like that the emblem isn't on the chest...

Hmm... guess I'll wait a bit longer. Hate to jump on another Sovereign then find out someone figured out a solution for a MK head articulation. Actually Les may have made a custom with articulated head...

Yeah that thing looks pretty weak, especially the naked base body... wtf is up with that?

Hopefully there is something better out there, if only HT could make this one come true :rock

Pretty sure the one Keaton wore in the film had the emblem on the cowl. That would be film accurate.

I'll talk to him about that but do you guys dig the alex cowl piece with emblem? I don't even think I like that the emblem isn't on the chest...

That's just a recast of the Billiken Batman... same as everyone else uses, including Sovereign. The emblem is attached to the kit that way, and most customs have the same arrangement whether the cowl is cast in resin, urethane, rubber or whatever.

If you go with Alex, make sure he uses urethane and not rubber... rubber will decompose over time, urethane won't.

Dang, I hope my Rambos and Rockys have urethane muscles or I'm going to be very upset.

Dang, I hope my Rambos and Rockys have urethane muscles or I'm going to be very upset.

It's actually a huge concern... and you never really know because the rubber takes a couple years to break down.

I'm no expert, and I have no way to know if urethane will really last, but Shawn (Sovereign) and Lonnie (Frontline) have both told me on separate occasions that urethane (what tires are made of) will last a lifetime.

If you think you might have rubber, I read somewhere a recommendation to keep the "rubber" moist with a wet rag; just wipe it on the rubber as if you're dusting it off. Moistens the rubber just enough so it won't dry out. I think 4 times a year was enough. You can do this to urethane too with no effect, so it's probably a good practice no matter what 'rubber' material it is.

I have no idea what Rocky/Rambo is made of. You'd think today they could make a rubber that lasts... unlike those GI Joe wetsuits from the 60's. I got a Joe wetsuit in 2000 and it's crust today -- I got my Sovereign Batman in 2002 and it's still the same as the day I got it.

So we now have to rub down our Rambo figures... this hobby just gets creepier and creepier :lol

Hey P, you ever try that Armor All on your rubber (sic I know)? All I can find is the stuff for cars. I'm not even going to try putting that stuff on mine until I know it won't cause a chemical reaction.

Back