Re-paint commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Given the fantastic re-paints we've been seeing lately, I thought we might start a thread listing those customizers willing to take head repaint commissions. Perhaps with links to the thread with work in it, and even a status - i.e. - Darren's not taking new commissions, so he'd be on the list but with an "on hold" status.

See thread for availability.

Last edited:
I was thinking of something along this lines. I know there are a couple of custom sculpting projects going on and they become a bit hard to keep track of because they quickly fall off the front page of their section ..........

That's a cool idea.... I'm down for it. And as for my status, I am available... probably a good month behind now... but still very very available. :rock

Well, as hard is it is for me to say it, I guess it's only fair I say I am on hold. I set June 30th as my final Headpaint day for the forseeable future. I have to. I am laboring now, even tonight, on a LOT of them, taking my time, doing them right, and have been on an absolute roll. Really enjoying them all. Today alone has seen a lot of really successful paints coming close to closure.
It's felt great today.
So, maybe one day I can come back to it sometime soon.

But for now, with so many other talented souls showing painting prowess here these days, I think headpaints are in great hands. I wish everyone well in their repainting endeavors.

Til I can return to it....

ON HOLD

( I may be taking more full figure paints, much fewer, but more extensive, like Predator repaints. I am leaving that door, and maybe a couple more, open in the near future. More on that as I know it. )

not a bad idea this. Somewhere for people to come who are after something getting painted/sculpted.

Since I put myself 'on hold' I've taken twenty six new orders already! Some of them standard paint jobs, some of them custom one-off sculpts.... (seems people don't pay any attention when you say you're too busy, lol. If they're after you... then they're gonna get you). So I've created a new waiting list... with the understanding that people will have to wait probably about 2 months (approx) before I can start these new ones.

So if you're after something now? yeah.... i'm still on hold

If you cant wait 8 - 10 weeks for me, then you can get in touch.

Like Les says though... if you're after something now, there are enough painters of varying skills who can help you out here now. Some are beginners... some are really talented, either way... You'll be taken care of.

Three cheers for this forum :bow

At the moment, I am ON HOLD. I have finished the Gaammys (pics soon), and am finishing up a few heads, then I need to break from it to sell off most of my collection, including quite a few customs, and finish the play I'm curerently doing, Oklahoma. I'm playing Curly, and it's taking up a LOT of my time.

If you sell any Emperors or that sad Vader, I'll KILL YOU! :maul
Sorry to hear you are selling your customs. :monkey2

Rock on Mike! :rock

I would be more then happy to paint any head sculpts members have. I have a few on my plate now but am always looking to paint more. If any ones interested dont be affraid to ask.

Last edited:
figuremasterles said:
If you sell any Emperors or that sad Vader, I'll KILL YOU! :maul
Sorry to hear you are selling your customs. :monkey2

Rock on Mike! :rock

Don't worry, my next Emperor is all yours, and Vader stays where he is! I'm getting rid of the clutter so I can enjoy individual pieces more. Right now, it's just a mess. A well-painted mess, but a mess all the same.:eek:

I have never missed a single toy I sold, so I'm not too worried about the big sell-off.

Customikey said:
I have never missed a single toy I sold, so I'm not too worried about the big sell-off.

I'm waiting to see what's on the chopping block next!
:)

This is very, very cool. Almost making me go order 12" anakin to get it repainted
:chew

small_studios said:
I would be more then happy to paint any head sculpts members have. I have a few on my plate now but am always looking to paint more. If any ones interested dont be affraid to ask. Here is a pic of my repainted Ripley and Reworked Jack Sparrow
jack.jpg

How did you get the skin so smooth on that NECA sculpt, with is awesome, but a touch rough in all the ones I've seen up close.

I stripped the neca sculpt. I know what you are saying about the sculpt not being smooth. Once the paint was removed it looked ten times better.

I am now open for commissions. I have been gone for a while, off performing, but I am currently between projects. I had forgotten how much I enjoy painting!!

For those who have joined the Freaks in my absence, I was the first painter to join these boards. Since then, our number has blossomed wonderfully! There is so much talent here it's staggering!!

If you are considering having any of your figures re-painted, kindly click the banner to see some good examples of what I can do.

I am now open for commissions. I have been gone for a while, off performing, but I am currently between projects. I had forgotten how much I enjoy painting!!

For those who have joined the Freaks in my absence, I was the first painter to join these boards. Since then, our number has blossomed wonderfully! There is so much talent here it's staggering!!

If you are considering having any of your figures re-painted, kindly click the banner to see some good examples of what I can do.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

:chew The man is back!!! :chew

ok, I'm back taking orders again :rock

now that my Anakin heads are all going out, and my time draining one-offs are pretyt much finished, I'm working my way through my repaint commissions now.

Anyone after anything can get in touch again (not that you ever stopped, lol.... I think i took advanced orders for close to 40ish repaints since i stopped taking orders.... lol)

anyway.... I'm doing heads in groups... so all anakins... all aragorns... all faramirs... etc. So depending on what order i do them in, they may take a little while for me to get to yours, or they may get done quicker than you expect.....

but i'm back baby! (did i ever go?) :rotfl

i am suprised no one here has redone duncan mccleods head. it's ok for a sculpt but get rid of line in the head or is it a seam.

Back