Jabba review by Adam Hughes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mwaha :mwaha

** I guess I should have read the fine print.

Please Note: To create these clever photo dioramas, Adam has made use of many of his personal, custom 1:6th scale Star Wars figures. Their use is in no way indicative of future Sideshow releases, but instead meant to illustrate the many creative ways that you can set up your Jabba and Throne environment with different creatures and characters from the Star Wars universe.

Adam is DA MAN, and this is the funniest review EVER.

Check out every single gallery posted below. They're incredible, and I can't believe Adam went to so much trouble to build the entire set and take so many pics -- and have them all come out SO GOOD -- just for one review.

And it so works! Adam, I bow DEEPLY to your utter brillant awecoritude.

I'm glad this didn't get lost in all the C4/Leia excitement... definitely my favorite thing in the newsletter this week! Adam is a HOOT, and he really did burn himself and smoke all those cigars building the set... I don't think the guy sleeps!! :rotfl

I adore the Cops story. And the entire subtitle running gag is SO funny.

Adam is such a treasure! I can't wait for another comiquette, btw.

Seretur said:
I adore the Cops story. And the entire subtitle running gag is SO funny.

Adam is such a treasure! I can't wait for another comiquette, btw.

I don't think you'll have to wait much longer ;)

Very inspirational should I ever have the resources and place to setup something like this, would be awesome, I am just blown away by how much of the throne area he recreated, I'd love to know what materials he used, and what body he used for his Leia, looks poseable but with minimal joints showing which is key.

Great Ape said:
Has anyone else read this review yet? What head sculpt is that for Slave Leia? She looks spot on. Is SS doing a Slave Leia?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2792&source=031507news

metaphorge said:
I think the question still stands, though: what head sculpt is that? Did he grab the head off a Kotobukiya? And is that a Hot Toys body?

maulfan said:
Very inspirational should I ever have the resources and place to setup something like this, would be awesome, I am just blown away by how much of the throne area he recreated, I'd love to know what materials he used, and what body he used for his Leia, looks posable but with minimal joints showing which is key.

Dusty - Can SS get Adam to answer any of these questions for us. His display is very encouraging and awesome to look at. Thanks Dusty!

I'm 99% confident that's the Koto Leia head judging by the style it shows, deffinately not Hasbro and I can't imagine what other Slave Leia product could be kit bashed like that other than plastic Hasbro or Koto.

KO900367e.jpg

I don't think its the Koto sculpt ... unless its some form of recast. Look at the pics of the GG Lando bust with Leia (truly funny bit there :D ). That Leia doesn't have any ear rings. Plus, the pony tail looks vastly different. Not sure which Leia it is now.

P.S. Does Adam sculpt as well? Could it be one of his personal creations?

Was web surfing to see if Mr. Hughes had a public e-mail to ask him about the Leia figure (yeah, I know, long shot and all) when I found a gallery of his work. I MUST have a poster or print of this one ... its Yoda at his finest:

JediBabes.jpg

And I still wish they would make a combined poster of the first 7 covers he did for Star Wars Legacy:

SW_Legacy_2.jpg

SW_Legacy_1.jpg

SW_Legacy_7.jpg

Adam just cracks me up with his displays. I love these photos, and WOW!, that slave Leia rocks.

Back