PLAY IMAGINATIVE- DC COMICS JUSTICE LEAGUE “NEW 52” Super Alloy figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
No official pics yet, but-

justice-league-new-52.jpg

My review for the Jim Lee Batman- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_120312b.htm

PLAY IMAGINATIVE ANNOUNCES DC COMICS JUSTICE LEAGUE
"NEW 52" SUPER ALLOY COLLECTIBLE FIGURES
THE “NEW 52” SUPERMAN, GREEN LANTERN, BATMAN, AND THE FLASH
TO FORM THE INITIAL LINEUP OF SUPER ALLOY 1/6 SCALE COLLECTIBLE FIGURES
IN MULTI-TERRITORY LICENSING DEAL WITH WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS
January 2013

Play Imaginative announces a premium lineup of quality collectible figures featuring characters from the DC Comics: The New 52 comic books. In 2013, the Super Alloy Collectible Figure product line will grow to include “New 52” Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, and The Flash. The figures will be produced in 1/6 scale, at approximately 12 inches in height.

Play Imaginative has been working closely with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to produce truly exceptional products that will excite fans and collectors. With additional accessories and various electronic functions within the figures, “The New 52” Super Alloy Collectible Figures will be among the top-of-the-range quality products in the action figure industry.

“We are very excited with our upcoming Super Alloy Collectible Figures for DC Comics. There is currently a void of die-cast metal alloy collectible figures, especially of western comic characters. This multi-territory licensing deal is a start in expanding the high-end action figure market, and providing consumers and retailers with more choices,” Mr. Jacky Teo, Business Development Director at Play Imaginative commented.
SUPER ALLOY COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

The Super Alloy Collectible Figure is a premium line of quality collector figures ranging from 1/12 to 1/4 scale, made of 45-90% die-cast metal alloy, and featuring up to 60 points of articulation.

www.superalloyfigure.com

The New 52 Super Alloy Collectible Figures will be released according to the following approximate release dates:
The New 52 Super Alloy Superman – May 2013
The New 52 Super Alloy Green Lantern – August 2013
The New 52 Super Alloy Batman – October 2013
The New 52 Super Alloy The Flash – December 2013

Play Imaginative has an official multi-territory licensing deal with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, for the DC Comics Justice League Super Alloy 1/6 Scale Collectible Figures product line. The territories included in the licensing deal are United States, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Italy, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, India, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, all of South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand, with exception of the key region of Latin America.

Last edited:
Based on the Batman one, I can't wait to see what they are going to offer, but I'm probably not going to lay any cash on them.

Their Jim Lee Batman was pretty much a "New 52" Batman. I wonder if they'll make changes to it.

I have their Batman and I'm curious to see the rest of the line. With Sideshow's DC line and Hot Toys Arkham Batman and Joker coming out, their is only so much money to go around for me.

It'd be nice if they took these figures in a less generic direction than the Jim Lee Batman one. I love the body, but the head is way too toy like. Really looking forward to seeing these, though. I adore The Flash's New 52 design, so I can't wait to see what they bring to the table with that one.

nooo...they should do the iron man mark 7 they announced last year instead, and more with iron man 3 coming out instead of the new 52justice league...i'm a huge dc fan but i believe that a super alloy/die cast material will work well with an iron man armor. oh well, interested to see their green lantern and flash though since hot toys is not making them...yet. :wink1:

Notice they only mention the 4 figures that could be changed easily with out to much mess. Same base body different plaints, chest symbol, head and belts and you have 4 different figures.

The other three cyborg , wonder women and Aquaman will require more work.

On a separate note Amos, do many people understand your on line name? Do you still moonlight at the Hotton Courier? :)

I'm happy to see Flash getting some 1/6 treatment, but if it's going to be like their previous Batman, then I think I might pass. I prefer having them wear actual fabric outfits. Covers up those joints nicely.

Have to wait & see how these look!I used to buy anything & everything Batman,but now I HAVE to be more selective.

I for one am very excited about this! MI have both versions of the Batman and love them both! I think I've become spoiled with the amazing realism that Hot Toys offers, but am unloading lots of my Hot Toys to fund these coming in! these are more comic style than realism. the thought of a high end die cast 1/6 scale Justice League is more than I was hoping for! I was hoping they would knock oit Superman, but Flash, Green Lantern!?!?!

Huh. Their Batman was good but not great IMHO from what I could see without actually owning. I'm interested to see the rest especially Green Lantern since they have a Koto vibe to them...

On a separate note Amos, do many people understand your on line name? Do you still moonlight at the Hotton Courier? :)

i retired and left beckindale in 1991, leaving the woolpack in the capable hands of mr turner. im very happy living in spain with Annie Sugden.

sometimes i could murder a pint down the woolpack with mr wilkes though.....:pray:

the more i think about these solicited figures the more i think im down for collecting them all. there is no two ways about it the jim lee btman is awesome and comes with a fantastic base. if the others are up to the same quality and come with equally awesome bases they have the potential to be fantastic.

Best news of the day for me! I'm really excited for this new line! I'll buy only the figures which won't get the movie treatment though.I'll buy the arkham (it's a game but you get the point) bats and joker and MoS supes so i'll buy the gl and flash from this line.

Back