BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worried I'd F it up..but it's a good option pixelpiper. I think the wires will reach the top because I'm not lighting the bottom shelf. I'm using it to store boxes for the time being. That way my daughter doesn't mess with the bottom shelf statues before I get the acrylic doors. Ikea says they're getting my door frames in in April. So until then I can't use the bottom shelf.

Got my Inreda lights in finally.

DSC05986_zps9858de37.jpg

DSC06015_zpsc6ebf686.jpg

DSC06011_zps84285b2e.jpg

DSC06009_zps1c9e3b9a.jpg

DSC05987_zpsfd3830fb.jpg

DSC05988_zpsfd29a968.jpg

DSC05989_zps6be5a4af.jpg

DSC05990_zps834c3524.jpg

DSC05991_zps77048797.jpg

Thanks guys :) , I'm thinking about the mirror backing now. I'm not 100% sure though really , I might buy just the one and see how it looks and then go from there.

Thanks guys :) , I'm thinking about the mirror backing now. I'm not 100% sure though really , I might buy just the one and see how it looks and then go from there.

I went for it, it looks great, especially with some dioders mounted behind the glass shelves. That's my set up.

Loving your collection bud!

I went for it, it looks great, especially with some dioders mounted behind the glass shelves. That's my set up.

Loving your collection bud!

Thanks for all the help in the past with the info on these cabinets mate. :wave
I was thinking the mirrored glass might make it look a little too messy and cramped when using figures ?. There isn't many photo's around with them so it's hard to imagine really.

We need some photo's of your set up !.:hi5:

For the collectors that wanted 80" PAX, here are the measurements I took for the glass panels that were included that I then bought acrylic panels off the professional plastics website which worked fine:

.125 THICK CLEAR EXTRUDED F/M ACRYLIC (SACR.125EF)
Size: 35.375" X 24" @ +/- 0.062 [Qty: 6]

So did these measurements work out for you? I need to finish the doors of my 80" PAX and need to order the 6 panels.

Thanks for all the help in the past with the info on these cabinets mate. :wave
I was thinking the mirrored glass might make it look a little too messy and cramped when using figures ?. There isn't many photo's around with them so it's hard to imagine really.

We need some photo's of your set up !.:hi5:
Absolutely no worries mate, glad I could help. :)

Tbh, I don't feel it makes it look messy or cramped buddy! I think your idea of getting one and trying it is a good one.

The mirror back insert was on display at my local store along with the dioders mounted behind the glass shelves. I absolutely fell in love with it at first sight. But that night I went with the intention of buying 3 inreda light sets, so I bought those, but I just couldn't get the sight of the mirror back / dioder display out of my head :lol so I got home, set up 1 of the inreda lights and whilst it was cool, it didn't beat the mirror back / dioder display for me. So the next night I went back and got a refund for the inreda lights and bought 3 mirror back inserts and 2 packs of dioders. :lol

But I actually should have kept the inreda lights because there isn't a great deal of light shining down onto the figures from the front when you have only dioders mounted behind each shelf.

It's costly all in all but well worth it.

I'm really wanting to get pictures of my collection up, mate. Just a few more pieces to arrive and a little straightening up and I'll do it, I think!

Absolutely no worries mate, glad I could help. :)

Tbh, I don't feel it makes it look messy or cramped buddy! I think your idea of getting one and trying it is a good one.

The mirror back insert was on display at my local store along with the dioders mounted behind the glass shelves. I absolutely fell in love with it at first sight. But that night I went with the intention of buying 3 inreda light sets, so I bought those, but I just couldn't get the sight of the mirror back / dioder display out of my head :lol so I got home, set up 1 of the inreda lights and whilst it was cool, it didn't beat the mirror back / dioder display for me. So the next night I went back and got a refund for the inreda lights and bought 3 mirror back inserts and 2 packs of dioders. :lol

But I actually should have kept the inreda lights because there isn't a great deal of light shining down onto the figures from the front when you have only dioders mounted behind each shelf.

It's costly all in all but well worth it.

I'm really wanting to get pictures of my collection up, mate. Just a few more pieces to arrive and a little straightening up and I'll do it, I think!

:goodpost:
Thanks mate.
Looking forward to seeing your set up. :hi5:

IMG_0340_zps8300a6f4.jpg

IMG_0338_zps91185d59.jpg

IMG_0337_zps298889d7.jpg

IMG_0335_zps2c51feb6.jpg

No where near where I want it to be. A ton of WIP but I really love having all these 1/6th figures in a Besta. I might get glass shelves one day but these wooden ones I built were MUCH cheaper. :lol They don't look all that classy though. Also I never noticed just how big of a difference the old and new dioders are. I gotta match up the good ones now. :lol

hi everyone i was looking to get a besta to store my statues. i plan on getting a double one like this
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/#/80102132
i was wondering if it's possible to attach 6 of these doors to it
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20103554/?query=201.035.54
in the end it will look like 2 of these yes?
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49887677/
i only ask here because i live over 100 miles from the nearest Ikea and don't want to have to make the road trip twice.

hi everyone i was looking to get a besta to store my statues. i plan on getting a double one like this
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/#/80102132
i was wondering if it's possible to attach 6 of these doors to it
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20103554/?query=201.035.54
in the end it will look like 2 of these yes?
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49887677/
i only ask here because i live over 100 miles from the nearest Ikea and don't want to have to make the road trip twice.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Since you live over 100 miles from the nearest Ikea, did you consider upgrading the legs? I'm not sure if you will have this besta on carpet or a hard floor like wood or tile. I have mine on a carpet and the legs that the besta comes stock with did not help at all. The two bottom tombo doors kept rubbing against my carpet floor and starting becoming impossible to open as I added more weight with more statues. I ended up returning to Ikea and picking these up https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60196513/#/80143217
It raised my display up and the tombo doors away from the carpet floor. Also, the round gray legs adds a nice finishing touch that compliments the aluminum frame of the tombo doors. For that price, I'd pick them up regardless if room permits.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Since you live over 100 miles from the nearest Ikea, did you consider upgrading the legs? I'm not sure if you will have this besta on carpet or a hard floor like wood or tile. I have mine on a carpet and the legs that the besta comes stock with did not help at all. The two bottom tombo doors kept rubbing against my carpet floor and starting becoming impossible to open as I added more weight with more statues. I ended up returning to Ikea and picking these up https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60196513/#/80143217
It raised my display up and the tombo doors away from the carpet floor. Also, the round gray legs adds a nice finishing touch that compliments the aluminum frame of the tombo doors. For that price, I'd pick them up regardless if room permits.

thank you for the info. yes i had thought of the legs, i probably will get them but even if i didn't i could still get them shipped to me for a reasonable price. unlike the besta itself which would be over 400 to ship!

Back