HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

Shared this in the mod thread but thought I'd share here to. I refined the eyelids a little more. now he doesn't look like he's squinting so much that he needs glasses lol

0E8BA6B2-855A-42A5-BD22-31A5C2F59CF2-39117-00000B336B389A45.jpg

Re: HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs &

IMG_5185edit_zps16be07fd.jpg

does the thigh look that womanly in hand?

img3101mp.jpg

it looks really wide from the pic.

I don't see the difference.

Just kidding. The right looks a lot better.

:monkey3

Yours is great, definitely superior to what we got out of the box. I want to know how you got the belt buckle over the upper portion of the cod piece for both though. Still, I can see how it's popping the buckle up, very, very slightly since they're facing upwards.

Yours is great, definitely superior to what we got out of the box. I want to know how you got the belt buckle over the upper portion of the cod piece for both though. Still, I can see how it's popping the buckle up, very, very slightly since they're facing upwards.

Thanks.

You didn't watch my latest video about getting the most out of your stock DX12?

Mine doesn't stay put, no matter what I do. It slides back up and sits right on top of the cod piece like I see in a lot of pics. (In fact that Hong Kong Bruce above with cape pack seems to have a belt that's doing the same thing).

The cod piece is in the right position, glued on the right way and perfectly straight. No matter what angle I put that belt on, it will slide up. If I apply a little pressure on the top of the codpiece to get the buckle over it, this little hairline crack line appears on the upper portion of the codpiece. I do a lot of futzing, re positioning and pulling down on the front of the belt and pulling back on the back of the belt, but nope, that sucker goes up just enough to see a small portion of the piece.

Looks great jokes and bats! A little too sunken in but looks really good, reminds me of when he first lays eyes on bane.

Maglor, I don't really see any difference mate? But all the mods are pretty subtle I suppose!

My DX12 arrived over the weekend, and it's an absolutely worthy upgrade to my old MMS71 Dark Knight. I really love the armor on cloth costume, it's a perfect miniature replica of the actual Bat-Suit.

Immeditely, I upgraded the figure with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, it really captures Bale's likeness, and his paint work is supurb. I bent the elbow guards in, widened the gauntlet at the wrist, and cut the cuffs off the gloves. While I have an iforgio cape, I actually like the stock one, which can easily be futzed and has the velvety exterior, and nylon interior like the real cape.

DX12BATMAN01_zps643e1d8d.jpg

DX12BATMAN02_zps9317c59d.jpg

What I didn't like was the lack of lower body and hip articulation. So I decided to cut apart the batsuit to see why, only to find a foam padded undersuit. The undersuit is held in place with lycra shoulder straps, and glued to slots in the inner thighs of the True Type body. Also the shoulder and bicep areas are adhered to the suit with a sticky adhesive.

This deliberate destruction of such an expensive item isn't for the faint of heart, but if you are careful, the outer suit will come off with care and no permenant damage.

As seen in the picture, I cut an inch down the front and back of the black suit, and slipped the body out. When it was reassembled, the cut ends were reinforced with fabric glue to prevent fraying, and a strip of elastic lycra was glued under the cut ends to rejoin it. Glue for me as I cant sew.

DX12BATMAN03_zps9a02c5af.jpg

Because the undersuit is removed, the belt will fit too loose. I cut off a single link from the belt, then drilled and pinned it back together, so it articulates like a wrist watch:

DX12BATMAN08_zpsd7a2f6b0.jpg

And the strap under the arms were fitted with button snaps so I can easily remove the chest armor if I needed to make any future modifications:

DX12BATMAN09_zps951e7da0.jpg

As illustrated below, the range of motion is now quite impressive, allowing the figure to appear in a number of great fighting poses.

DX12BATMAN04_zpsb8f23b31.jpg

DX12BATMAN05_zpsa7dde638.jpg

DX12BATMAN06_zpsc3546f81.jpg

DX12BATMAN07_zps9ad76cb8.jpg

I can say that with the Robbiethepainter faceplate, and undersuit removal, the figure is perfect, and worth every penny spent. It's a great tribute to Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, and should be in every serious 1/6 collector's display.

BOBBY

PS- I did make use of the padded undersuit, I cut off the portion below the knee and stuffed it into the ankle area so it wouldn't appear too thin.

Last edited:

That looks great! Makes me wonder why they put that under suit on him. To hide the joints, similar to the tobey maguire Spider-Man figures maybe?

That looks great! Makes me wonder why they put that under suit on him. To hide the joints, similar to the tobey maguire Spider-Man figures maybe?

Yeah, that'd be my guess. Except you wouldn't really see the joints with the armor panels and such.

It is a bit odd. I can see padding up the torso, but why the legs?

Mine doesn't stay put, no matter what I do. It slides back up and sits right on top of the cod piece like I see in a lot of pics. (In fact that Hong Kong Bruce above with cape pack seems to have a belt that's doing the same thing).

The cod piece is in the right position, glued on the right way and perfectly straight. No matter what angle I put that belt on, it will slide up. If I apply a little pressure on the top of the codpiece to get the buckle over it, this little hairline crack line appears on the upper portion of the codpiece. I do a lot of futzing, re positioning and pulling down on the front of the belt and pulling back on the back of the belt, but nope, that sucker goes up just enough to see a small portion of the piece.

Seems like yours' have a bigger junk than Mag's.

:horror :chase :lol

If you watched the video then I don't have much to add. :dunno

Looks great jokes and bats! A little too sunken in but looks really good, reminds me of when he first lays eyes on bane.

Maglor, I don't really see any difference mate? But all the mods are pretty subtle I suppose!

You can't tell the buckle has been cut off the gloves? Or the eyelids are painted? Those two mods at lest are pretty obvious.

You can't tell the buckle has been cut off the gloves? Or the eyelids are painted? Those two mods at lest are pretty obvious.

Youve got shadows casting on the eyes on both sculpts. Cant really see them. But im sure in hand the difference are very noticeable.

It's those two mods that seem to make the most difference.
I'd say it's because of the shading over the eyes why he cant tell the difference much.

Looking forward to doing the mods on mine when I get him

Back