Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, being precise with the tape is important. The one I did on camera looks good to me, but I need to redo the other one. Not enough tape. That will be a third attempt...

Also, adding that little strip up the back of the boot is important because they flare out to an odd shape otherwise. Between the flare at the top and the super-skinny ankles, they have a distinct "V" shape. :/

I should post a picture of the problem with my custom face plate. I have a hunch they are all like that. In which case I may prefer selling it and carveing up one of my BW heads...

Although I prefer the moded DX12 boots, your figure looks really nice Remy. :duff

About Robbie's face plate: I think I got a dud. Mine has a space all the way around it (I.e. it doesn't fit right) especially right under the nose. It bothers me enough that I can't use it. :(

Mag, maybe Robbie's sculpt is too loose, because, you've had the oversized DX-02 sculpt in there too long.
Same thing happened to me, when going back to the default DX12 face, after using the DX02's for a while, the mouth opening slot, became too loose, because the DX-02's mouthpiece stretched it vertically.
After a while, and some squeezing, it went back to normal.

Good call, I bet you're right. But mine definitely does dip down just under the nose.

From some pics I've seen of Robbie's face plate, they're all like that where the top kind of goes down giving the entire shape an M kind of look. I think it looks great anyhow, especially the paint.

Don't carve up your BW head. Just buy a KO and cut that one up. It's what I did.

Although I prefer the moded DX12 boots, your figure looks really nice Remy. :duff

About Robbie's face plate: I think I got a dud. Mine has a space all the way around it (I.e. it doesn't fit right) especially right under the nose. It bothers me enough that I can't use it. :(

Dude why didn't you tell me? I'll switch it out for you. PM me so we can get this straightened out.

The face plate I got from Robbie fits like a glove. It is actually way better fit wise than any of the stock plates.

Holy Hell that is an intense mode! cool thing to figure out though man! really great work.

this has nothing to do with the mod, but what did you do to get your stock cape so flat on the shoulders? just lots of futzing or water treatment too?

I'm now back from a week-long holiday break, so sorry for the late reply, Gipetto.

Thanks, the collar mod had me at my most nervous, cutting into the connectors.

As for the cape, I did some modding to the cape and the armor. Will post about it as soon as I get the time. In short, I've once again put the figure under the knife. No water involved.

@Robbie - The custom faceplate arrived and it fits very well! There's a bit of gapping between the top of the face plate and the bottom of the nose, but it is easily fixable. Regardless, it dramatically improves the look of the cowl. Sorry Maglor that you're having issues with yours. :(

I too received Robbie's face plate and in my case it fits tight perfectly. I did have the DX02 face plate in there before but for me it did not cause an issue when swapping it.

Dude why didn't you tell me? I'll switch it out for you. PM me so we can get this straightened out.

Well, I wasn't sure if it was an anomaly or not. Still not totally sure, but I'll be in touch. :duff

@Robbie - The custom faceplate arrived and it fits very well! There's a bit of gapping between the top of the face plate and the bottom of the nose, but it is easily fixable. Regardless, it dramatically improves the look of the cowl. Sorry Maglor that you're having issues with yours. :(

How did you fix this?

I've been a bit of a deadbeat dad in this thread.

After the new year, I plan to go thought the whole thread and reorganize the first page with working links to all of the mods.

Right now I'm almost out of room for adding anything because of the 10 image extrication. (I should have reserved more posts...)

How did you fix this?

I should have said "it should be easily fixable" since I haven't done it yet. I was thinking shaving the back and top of the face plate should get it to sit in the cowl a bit better. To be honest, it doesn't really bother me enough to make me want to do anything to it.

I've been a bit of a deadbeat dad in this thread.

After the new year, I plan to go thought the whole thread and reorganize the first page with working links to all of the mods.

Right now I'm almost out of room for adding anything because of the 10 image extrication. (I should have reserved more posts...)

Ask those whose post is right after your first posts. Surely he/she'll gladly edit their post and post whichever mod you want posted on the first page.

EDIT: OK, admittedly, I'm not sure that they'd be "glad", but I reckon you should ask whether it's fine by them to use their post space. If it was my post, I'd gladly give it up to you. In fact, I'd be honored.

Last edited:
Hey Mags, why not make a basic website with all of the mods in with easy to use catagories and sections with then guides to solving a specific problem. You could then do as much as you want and only have to post the link on the first post here. You would than have near unlimited space, easy navigation and even catagories for complete guides, photos etc.

Webs or Weebly are decent :)

Nah, I'll just post links to all the mods on the first page.
It's on the agenda for New Year's Eve. :)

New non-pers eyes for Batman, taken from the Bruce sculpt. I carved into one and painted it. Also displayed here with Robbie's custom face plate.

And with these two alterations, I think I am truly done with any intensive mods for this figure. I am looking forward to outfitting this with the custom cowl from monkeyrobotmaster, but aside from that I can't think of anything else I could do with this it.

IMG_7045s_zps1a871530.png

IMG_7039s_zps8d8a97ea.png

IMG_7058s_zpsed79d325.png

IMG_7070s_zpsf17994da.png

IMG_7037s_zpsfd05fdf4.png

That's incredible. :thud:

Any more info than "I carved into one and painted it"? I'm not even sure what that means.

That's incredible. :thud:

Any more info than "I carved into one and painted it"? I'm not even sure what that means.

I carved out a section of the Wayne/Bale sculpt, from the forehead down to right below the nose, and then wittled it down with further carving and sanding in order to create an eye plate similar to that of the PERS. Then I painted it over with black acrylic paint, avoiding the eyes. I tried to get the overall shape of the plate as close to the PERS plate as I could.

IMG_7106_zpsa16e34de.png

And here's a shot of the lower face leftover from my endeavor. It will be saved for later. :lol
IMG_7107_zps6c750ca6.png

Back