Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, a headplay cast. I know it's frowned upon to deal with recasts, but I'm not selling anything and have already bought two DX12s, so HT has gotten quite enough from me. :lol

The quality between the headplay and the legit Wayne head is actually fairly comparable. I wasn't going to cut into the HT Wayne head (that I am going to use for a Wayne kitbash), so the headplay seemed like the perfect alternative.

Nope, a headplay cast. I know it's frowned upon to deal with recasts, but I'm not selling anything and have already bought two DX12s, so HT has gotten quite enough from me. :lol

The quality between the headplay and the legit Wayne head is actually fairly comparable. I wasn't going to cut into the HT Wayne head (that I am going to use for a Wayne kitbash), so the headplay seemed like the perfect alternative.

How is it in hand? is the difference that noticeable? from the ebay pics I saw, they actually look pretty good.

I have a KO Wayne head. For one, the mole is gone. The creases on his face, like the lines next to his mouth aren't as strong on the KO. Basically it's like sub HD rather than the legit version which is HD...if that makes any sense.

How is it in hand? is the difference that noticeable? from the ebay pics I saw, they actually look pretty good.

There is a difference. Some parts aren't painted with quite the precision as the legit sculpt, most noticeably the hair and the opening of the mouth.

Recast on the left, legit on the right.
IMG_6989s_zps01514fa3.png

IMG_6986_zps322813ef.png

Thanks to Mag's tutorials Ive modded the shoulder pads, gloves, undersuit sleeves, and ankles. Now I need to take care of the guantletts and finish my custom cape.

Funny story... I went to throw away the cut plastic pieces from the gloves and I accidentally threw away the angry faceplate. Luckily I realized it after looking around for it for an hour. :lol

Thanks to Mag's tutorials Ive modded the shoulder pads, gloves, undersuit sleeves, and ankles. Now I need to take care of the guantletts and finish my custom cape.

Funny story... I went to throw away the cut plastic pieces from the gloves and I accidentally threw away the angry faceplate. Luckily I realized it after looking around for it for an hour. :lol

Thats the kind of dumb thing I'd do :lol

There are two different recasts as far as i know, mine looks different to the one on the previous page.

The one that Headplay is selling, was made by 3M, but theres another one that comes from Singapore, i bought two of the second ones for around 16$ a piece. I have to say they're really really good lookin and i prefer them over the legit ht bw sculpt.

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

I carved out a section of the Wayne/Bale sculpt, from the forehead down to right below the nose, and then wittled it down with further carving and sanding in order to create an eye plate similar to that of the PERS. Then I painted it over with black acrylic paint, avoiding the eyes. I tried to get the overall shape of the plate as close to the PERS plate as I could.

IMG_7106_zpsa16e34de.png

And here's a shot of the lower face leftover from my endeavor. It will be saved for later. :lol
IMG_7107_zps6c750ca6.png

Epic beyond words. :thud:

Awesome! :rock

:panic: :lol

Thats the kind of dumb thing I'd do :lol

:rotfl Same here.

There are two different recasts as far as i know, mine looks different to the one on the previous page.

The one that Headplay is selling, was made by 3M, but theres another one that comes from Singapore, i bought two of the second ones for around 16$ a piece. I have to say they're really really good lookin and i prefer them over the legit ht bw sculpt.

Where'd you find one for $16?

I have a KO Wayne head. For one, the mole is gone. The creases on his face, like the lines next to his mouth aren't as strong on the KO. Basically it's like sub HD rather than the legit version which is HD...if that makes any sense.

I didn't notice the missing mole before! I feel cheated. :lol

I agree with your posts, the non-HT heads are softer in detail, but still quite remarkable in similarity to the actual HT product. I probably wouldn't have used one for a Wayne bash, but it suited my purposes just fine.

Doesn't look much like Tony Stark does it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I agree with your posts, the non-HT heads are softer in detail, but still quite remarkable in similarity to the actual HT product. I probably wouldn't have used one for a Wayne bash, but it suited my purposes just fine.

I'm even more impressed that they managed to copy the paintjob as well.

Back