Star Wars Rereleases in 3D Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason I just don't care. :dunno

It's strange, I used to eat up Star Wars. I think the constant changes made to the films has finally turned me off.

Ep 1 was horrible in 3d... I'm passing on everything but the OT unless I hear these are a major upgrade over the first attempt.

I didn't get a chance to see episode 1 in 3D, but they did show some footage of episode 2 in the 3D panel and it looks incredible. It's so good, you would swear it was shot in 3D.

I didn't get a chance to see episode 1 in 3D, but they did show some footage of episode 2 in the 3D panel and it looks incredible. It's so good, you would swear it was shot in 3D.

That's great to hear! I'm guessing they learned a lot while making TPM. Perhaps they will get better from here on out! Even though AOTC is my least favorite of the saga, I will still see it for the special effects.

after the movies are done 3d-----lucas will do a live action show in every fans house-----------
why can we rid of this guy---------------
lucas please go away----

There were so many fully digital shots in AOTC and ROTS that I bet they'll translate to 3D better than TPM.

That was one of the reasons it will look better. They are able to recompose the digital stuff so much easier than episode 1.

Were you surprised, considering that it was horrible in 2-D as well? :confused:

Even if it was the same weak movie where at least the 3D was a nice looking gimmick, I think more people would have gone.

TPM is my favorite of the three. In large part due to Maul, but almost all of my fondness towards TPM is a result of how excited I was for it. The anticipation and promotion during the preceding year, especially right before the movie came out, was so much fun. So when I think of TPM, I think of that, not the let down of the movie itself.

So if the reviews came out that the 3D was fantastic, I would have been suckered into paying for it again. But with 3D that wasn't blowing too many people away, I could easily pass.

Shoulda just started with EP4. Now THAT would've gotten people to the theater.

EP4 is no longer EP4 and the same goes for EP5 and EP6. They ceased being that when Lucas decided to make changes. Sure numerically they are. But they aren't the same movies I remember.

Call me silly but I liked the way the Death Star blew up before he changed it. I liked not having a silly Jabba inserted in the Hanger. I liked the stupid Ewok song at the end of Jedi.

The insertions and deletions have gone too far. :monkey2

There were so many fully digital shots in AOTC and ROTS that I bet they'll translate to 3D better than TPM.

TPM had quite a bit as well. Normally they would have at least gone back to the original composites where all the elements are separated which while not perfect 3D would allow a lot of depth in the images. Or they could have gone further and actually go back to the 3D files that they created them with, but instead of that they just used the final composite. I really hope they don't continue to do it that way with the next ones.

But Badmoon--that was Lucas's original vision! Of course, it is impossible now to imagine R2 not hiding behind that rock that was inserted via CGI.

But Badmoon--that was Lucas's original vision! Of course, it is impossible now to imagine R2 not hiding behind that rock that was inserted via CGI.

Honestly I would go pay to go see the undisturbed OT films in the theaters quicker than 3d. I would rather that then pay to see them in fancy 3D. I'm sure that's weird to some. To those people I simply reply - No Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol

Back