Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the current problems with this figure at this point in time?

oil leaks from belly
PERS door won't seal flush
ears uneven
belly hard OR squishy
belt tilted forward
uneven scallops
tilted or 'swinging' abs
white powder on shoes
tilted or uneven Bat symbol
fins break off
bed bugs
mis-cuts on nose
dull finish on batch 2 capes

I think that about covers the complaints.

As much as I love the figure and think your new lens works great, I'm drawn to your 1:1 batarang :drool

:lol It was a cheap ebay purchase but I think it makes a great display piece too.

Yeah, I wonder if it really folds.

I used to have a grapple gun kit prop. I think it was made out of wood.

This one doesn't fold but I saw one on ebay recently that did. Looked just like mine but had spring loaded joints.

oil leaks from belly
PERS door won't seal flush
ears uneven
belly hard OR squishy
belt tilted forward
uneven scallops
tilted or 'swinging' abs
white powder on shoes
tilted or uneven Bat symbol
fins break off
bed bugs
mis-cuts on nose
dull finish on batch 2 capes

I think that about covers the complaints.

New one: Base won't light up.

BTW people, we are AS OF NOW on "Wor-Gar Watch". The UPS Truck with his Keaton is en route to his residence.

89Bats010.jpg

89Bats004.jpg

Nice pics! :)

However, these perfectly show the problem I have with the neutral face. It' my favorite of the three in terms of sculpt, but it's the only one that has this problem. Even if you really push it firmly in place, there's always that top edge of the face plate that sticks out like a sore thumb. :cuss

If you don't know what I'm referring to, I've circled it here:

IMG_2913.jpg

Sorry to use your pic guyver1, but I've been wanting to point this out about your BD head for a while. The grime you have added makes this edge stand out even more. However, you are the only person that could pretty much make the edge disappear. Take out the face plate and darken that edge like you have other parts of his face and I bet you wont be able to see it at all. :)

Anyway, this edge bugs me so much that I think I will end up using a different plate for my long-term display, even though it's my favorite otherwise. Damn you Hot Toys. :(

Playing with a new lens. Such an incredible figure.

Nice!

What did you get? The [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334104472&sr=8-1"]plastic fantastic[/ame]?!

Nice pics! :)

However, these perfectly show the problem I have with the neutral face. It' my favorite of the three in terms of sculpt, but it's the only one that has this problem. Even if you really push it firmly in place, there's always that top edge of the face plate that sticks out like a sore thumb. :cuss

If you don't know what I'm referring to, I've circled

Sorry to use your pic guyver1, but I've been wanting to point this out about your BD head for a while. The grime you have added makes this edge stand out even more. However, you are the only person that could pretty much make the edge disappear. Take out the face plate and darken that edge like you have other parts of his face and I bet you wont be able to see it at all. :)

Anyway, this edge bugs me so much that I think I will end up using a different plate for my long-term display, even though it's my favorite otherwise. Damn you Hot Toys. :(

What did you get? The plastic fantastic?!

I totally agree. I have chosen to use the bloodied sculpt on my shelf. It just sits much nicer.

Finally. Someone noticed it. Been bugging me too.

Oh, I noticed it right from the start. I've "shopped" it out of most of my pics.

Before:

IMG_4728.jpg

After:

IMG_4728-1.jpg

DiFabio also asked about it right away as soon as in-hand pics started going up. He thought it looked like the plates weren't all the way in place. That's exactly what it looks like, despite the fact that they are all in place.

Anyway, looking at the before and after above, you can see how much that top edge of the face plate detracts from the realism.

Just going through some pics, and it looks like the bloodied face is the only one that doesn't have that edge showing. :(

IMG_3893.jpg

^^^ Has it.

IMG_3937.jpg

^^^ Has it.

IMG_3944.jpg

^^^ Only one that doesn't have it.

Which is ironic seeing as the bloody face is the least versatile sculpt and the one I'm least interested in using. :censored

Got mine today and I am very happy. This is my second Batman from HT( the first being the Toy Fair BB suit which I can't help to be disappointed in) and the suit feel much better than the aforementioned figure. I see what everyone is saying about the face pcs. Mine wasn't even fully attached when I opened it and I got a bit worried, I guess from all the paranoia surrounding the figure, but after futzing with it I got it to lay right. It doesn't fit perfect but close enough noone can tell without looking closely. I'm happy with everything but( and I had a feeling about this) the cape is a pain in the ass. You really gotta futz and futz to get it right. All in all I think its much better than the Medi cape that I had experiences with. I think that's my only real complaint at the moment. The figure is stunning and it really stands out on my shelf. By far the most lifelike. I was actually scared to use the PERS even once but I eventually did as thats the only way to make half of the display options with the accessories look credible. I moved them a bit to the side kind of like Mags sig. Just doing that opens up a whole range of uses for his weapons. I may be keeping them like that. How has the PERS held up anyway? Anyone having troubles?

There might be a better way, but I just tore a straight tear next to where the tape tab was.

Unsnap the front of the belt (right side of buckle) then remove belt. You may have to peel paper away from the suit

Thanks guys. This figure is Incredible!!! One of Hot Toys best! I haven't tried the PERS yet, im too nervous ill break it :lol

I would think sanding it down from the inside of the face plate should do the trick if it doesn't interfere with the magnet.

The problem is the top of the face plates don't flush right up to the front side, there's a slight curve where they meet, that's the edge that keeps showing. You'd have to shave it off or sand it, and then risk it not fitting into the slot properly. It's just an issue for photos really, on shelf display, you can't tell.

Back