HT The Dark Knight figures waiting room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered ht two face with joe. My waiting list is as follows:

bank robber joker: Joe (december)
Batpod: robartek (december-january)
Two face: Joe (April)

I know i said i wouldnt buy harvey, but who can resist such a perfect figure?

I just paid for my v2 Batman. I am getting it from Alternate Toys on ebay. I hope it arrives fast. I have never been so fired up to get a set of figures.

anyone here order from goodshipped off Ebay?
i ordered my Version 1 Batman from them i believe at the end of August
his pages say he won't be back until the 15th
i hope they came in already
when i ordered it from him it said on his page "last order"

how reliable is he?

oh and i ordered my Dark Knight Batman from Action HQ, and according to their website and others as well
the figure was released September 30th, haven't got mine yet

how reliable are these people?

If you haven't checked their website yet, ActionHQ expects to have theirs shipment in sometime in November.

Basically, Hot Toys releases a small amount of the figures at a higher price for their own store and some smaller sellers, then about a month later they ship to everyone else because they make less money from places like ActionHQ or Toys2 that get their stock wholesale. So we just have to wait until the larger sellers get their shipments.

How much higher is it than normal?

I think they're regular priced for consumers but the sellers pay more to get their stock--and of course for the Hot Toys store in Hong Kong they get full value which is why they want as much time for the figure to be sold there than at the places where they have to mark it down wholesale for big sellers.

First time poster here and I've got a sad story and a warning to tell...

First saw the prototypes on Gizmodo around June of this year and was blown away. Immediately decided to purchase my very first Collectible figure and went straight to eBay. On the 6th July after much searching found a seller to_bid_or_not_to_bid_that_is_the_question.dne and liked what I saw. Seller was a member since 2002, had decent feedback (99.3%) and fair enough prices. Purchased the TDK batman for 126 euro including postage.

As the weeks went by, I saw the movie -loved it- bought the soundtrack and found this website. Since then I've been checking here at least twice a day, getting more excited for the figure with each update. Now, I can say I can i'm an expert in the mouth opening of each cowl:lol

Unfortunately while the rest of you are getting your figures I've been left empty handed. The seller hasn't responded to my emails over the past 3 weeks and I can't open a dispute on ebay/paypal. I feel gutted. He's currently selling the tumbler and batpod so I want to warn you all to stay clear. If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
First time poster here and I've got a sad story and a warning to tell...

First saw the prototypes on Gizmodo around June of this year and was blown away. Immediately decided to purchase my very first Collectible figure and went straight to eBay. On the 6th July after much searching found a seller to_bid_or_not_to_bid_that_is_the_question.dne and liked what I saw. Seller was a member since 2002, had decent feedback (99.3%) and fair enough prices. Purchased the TDK batman for 126 euro including postage.

As the weeks went by, I saw the movie -loved it- bought the soundtrack and found this website. Since then I've been checking here at least twice a day, getting more excited for the figure with each update. Now, I can say I can i'm an expert in the mouth opening of each cowl:lol

Unfortunately while the rest of you are getting your figures I've been left empty handed. The seller hasn't responded to my emails over the past 3 weeks and I can't open a dispute on ebay/paypal. I feel gutted. He's currently selling the tumbler and batpod so I want to warn you all to stay clear. If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful.

Be patient. Few people have the Batman TDK costume. You have to contact him and demand a response, but the most probable thing is he doesnt has the figures to ship yet. It's common. HT ships less than ordered as first wave. Then, in the next month every seller has it. In my case, I allready have because I bought also on eBay, but from a seller in Hong Kong. I got lucky, that's all. The first thing I can say to you, since this is your first buy, is that you have to have patience, and these orders take time. I preordered Two Face, I was told I would receive it at April. But May/June is more likely. But in the end, it's worth it. Every single day waiting.

Be patient. Few people have the Batman TDK costume. You have to contact him and demand a response, but the most probable thing is he doesnt has the figures to ship yet. It's common. HT ships less than ordered as first wave. Then, in the next month every seller has it. In my case, I allready have because I bought also on eBay, but from a seller in Hong Kong. I got lucky, that's all. The first thing I can say to you, since this is your first buy, is that you have to have patience, and these orders take time. I preordered Two Face, I was told I would receive it at April. But May/June is more likely. But in the end, it's worth it. Every single day waiting.

Thanks. Just heard from him today, he says he'll have them on the 24th. I don't know whether it was the fact that I contacted Ebay/Hot-toys or just a co-incidence. Either way I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks. Just heard from him today, he says he'll have them on the 24th. I don't know whether it was the fact that I contacted Ebay/Hot-toys or just a co-incidence. Either way I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

These figures are really hard to secure in big quantitys. Some sellers secure the figure, but the timing of shiping is something hard to predict. We can open ebay wars, but in the end is nobody's fault. We take that risk by paying too soon. It might be a garantee that we will get the figure. The problem might come with the WHEN. On ebay I secured TDK Batman and Batpod. Batpod is already payed. At time of selling it said "mid September". We all know it's not out yet. I cantacted seller and was assured it´s secured to me when released. We have to be patient. The other figures I bought were from Joe: Bank Robber Joker and Harvey Two Face. And if these purshases go as smooth as so many say, I will stick with him from now on. No problems yet with ebay, but I prefer his way to do business: make a preorder and when ready to ship I pay the figure. It might take longer, but that's the way to make fair business.

Just want to vent my frustration here that StudioSunny haven't sent me my DK yet. I paid in August and the wait is driving me nuts. I've already bought from him earlier this year - in hand BB Batman and Joker - and the transaction was AOK, so I'm sure it'll get here eventually. But it's still pissing me off.

Anyone else preordered from Sunny?

still waiting on any word from animate, with his track record it hard to tell if its shipped not shipped sitting in customs, if hes not bothering to ship till i threaten legal action or dispute it.

emailed em thru ebay thru thir site etc nada nada.

I got an e-mail from the guy at animate yesterday to tell me that he was getting his tdk Batman figures late Oct/ mid Nov.

urghs, thats bad. did you get the mail from wilfred or kenneth?
i've got the trackingnumber from animate, but since october the 9th, it shows no activation anymore.

that's the late info I've got:

9-Oct-2008: Hong Kong -- The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 10-Oct-2008

So I'm waiting and waiting without seeing any details where it really is.
hope you guys will be getting your fig from animate soon.

When I had my Joker from animate the tracking was incomplete also, and then it just showed up, so it is probably still on its way.

I am somewhat surprised that animate is doing the same thing on this figure that he did on the others. First time seemed like he didn't know much about the system and was handling things wrong, but a second time has no excuse.

Just want to vent my frustration here that StudioSunny haven't sent me my DK yet. I paid in August and the wait is driving me nuts. I've already bought from him earlier this year - in hand BB Batman and Joker - and the transaction was AOK, so I'm sure it'll get here eventually. But it's still pissing me off.

Anyone else preordered from Sunny?

Not sure, I think Snake Sucker ordered from that guy and he got it delivered last week. I'm still waitin' on my order from Toys2. Damn thing is takin' forever to come... :banghead

Back